Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m waiting to see what this brings...I hope it clicks

CC8CE857-BEE0-41EA-87C4-0D4689FF1FAF.jpeg

The stark contrast in what actual footballers playing with and against say about Pogba compared to media and in turn what fans think is vast.

Football is coming back (much to my surprise)...squeaky bum time too...only 9 games to get shit done.

I’m waiting to see what this brings...I hope it clicks

View attachment 283945

The stark contrast in what actual footballers playing with and against say about Pogba compared to media and in turn what fans think is vast.

Football is coming back (much to my surprise)...squeaky bum time too...only 9 games to get shit done.

No it's not. Everyone on TV comes with that WC player rubbish and they even preface whatever criticism they have of him with it.

IRL I don't kno' United supporter who isn't a Pogba fan.

Personally, I dunno why anyone would think Bruno can change Pogba or make him play football.

The guys I kno' think Pogba should be one of the two deeper mids. Obviously that's where he should play but they and everyone spent the last three years cryin' that Pogba isn't a DM.

No it's not. Everyone on TV comes with that WC player rubbish and they even preface whatever criticism they have of him with it.

IRL I don't kno' United supporter who isn't a Pogba fan.

Personally, I dunno why anyone would think Bruno can change Pogba or make him play football.

The guys I kno' think Pogba should be one of the two deeper mids. Obviously that's where he should play but they and everyone spent the last three years cryin' that Pogba isn't a DM.

There is too much focus on the positional name “DM”. I believe the correct term these days for Pogba is ‘deep lying playmaker’ or something like that. If you play him with Bruno....McSauce, Fred or Matic are the DM.

Edit: Obviously Pogba has to get back and help out but he also has a license to go create.

There is too much focus on the positional name “DM”. I believe the correct term these days for Pogba is ‘deep lying playmaker’ or something like that. If you play him with Bruno....McSauce, Fred or Matic are the DM.

Edit: Obviously Pogba has to get back and help out but he also has a license to go create.

Lol bro you missed my point. This is the exact same shit I was tryin' to tell United fans when they were all complainin' that Jose was playin' him DM.

Matic, Pogba, then Mik or Ling or Mata and Lukaku up front.

But its gonna be different now yeah? So if Pogba is still mediocre is it gonna be coz Bruno not good enough?

Lol bro you missed my point. This is the exact same shit I was tryin' to tell United fans when they were all complainin' that Jose was playin' him DM.

Matic, Pogba, then Mik or Ling or Mata and Lukaku up front.

But its gonna be different now yeah? So if Pogba is still mediocre is it gonna be coz Bruno not good enough?

I understand the point your trying to make on where he plays. But I can’t agree on him being mediocre. I know man hate stats but Pogba has been consistently one of the best midfielders in the PL since he came back. Far from mediocre.

I would say that the likes of Mik, Lingard and Mata have been mediocre. This was made even more clearer since Bruno came in and changed the whole outlook of the team by playing much better than what Lingard and Mata can in that position.

All I’m saying and what a lot of fans have been saying is Pogba will excel with better players around him, even from a deep lying position.

If we can get Sancho, that’s a formidable front 3 with Rashford and Martial. Bruno behind them and Pogba creating from a deeper position. It’s a much better team than what Jose and Pogs were working with.

I understand the point your trying to make on where he plays. But I can’t agree on him being mediocre. I know man hate stats but Pogba has been consistently one of the best midfielders in the PL since he came back. Far from mediocre.

I would say that the likes of Mik, Lingard and Mata have been mediocre. This was made even more clearer since Bruno came in and changed the whole outlook of the team by playing much better than what Lingard and Mata can in that position.

All I’m saying and what a lot of fans have been saying is Pogba will excel with better players around him, even from a deep lying position.

If we can get Sancho, that’s a formidable front 3 with Rashford and Martial. Bruno behind them and Pogba creating from a deeper position. It’s a much better team than what Jose and Pogs were working with.

So just ignore my whole point about his position already bein' deep lyin' playmaker...

When you say one of the best miss since he came back what do you mean. Top 5? Top 20?

Mata has been much, much, much better for United than Pogba has I'm not even sure how that can be up for debate

Bruno hasn't shown that Mata and Linggard are below par, he's show what Pogba hasn't done in the time he's been here

I don't understand how you think Bruno will increase Pogba's work rate and better his positionin'

So just ignore my whole point about his position already bein' deep lyin' playmaker...

When you say one of the best miss since he came back what do you mean. Top 5? Top 20?

Mata has been much, much, much better for United than Pogba has I'm not even sure how that can be up for debate

Bruno hasn't shown that Mata and Linggard are below par, he's show what Pogba hasn't done in the time he's been here

I don't understand how you think Bruno will increase Pogba's work rate and better his positionin'

You saying Mata is better than Pogba when Mata is squad/rotation player and Pogba starts every game when fit.

I can’t...it makes no sense.

You saying Mata is better than Pogba when Mata is squad/rotation player and Pogba starts every game when fit.

I can’t...it makes no sense.

Mata used to start every game as well? I don't understand. Mata has been a better signin than Pogba yes/no

Mata used to start every game as well? I don't understand. Mata has been a better signin than Pogba yes/no

He’s been at Utd 4 years longer and only got 17 more goals and 99 more appearances. Pogba would smash Mata record if he was here another 4 years. Nah he’s not a better signing.

Also do you agree that Pogba has been playin in that position pretty much every game since we got him?

Yes, He has been playing deep lying playmaker in a team where Fred wasn’t playing, Jose was blooding McSauce and Matic wasn’t performing as he is this season. Even tho you don’t like Maguire he has stabilised us at the back with the addition of arguably the best defensive right back in the world. Going forward he was passing to Lingard to create as a 10 who has scored 0 and only assisted a couple in nearly two years.

You have to use context. If you say Pogba has been mediocre then a lot of players around him were very very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back