Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think footballers should be expected to chip in if their clubs can afford to pay their staff it's not footballers job to help government etc would be nice that's on them. If 12% is enough for their staff then perfect.

Where is all of this money coming from? No cuts No tax payer money No furloughs Ozil should get his full salary plus bonus for seeing coronavirus coming from a mile away. Son this is not Fifa 20 Career mode.

Wait did he do back to back trebles?
I'm pretty sure he did but i was too lazy to check
Sooo....has anyone thought about Newcastle and what the future might look like with another financial powerhouse in the PL? I have to add ‘Saudi’ cause there are few powerhouses but not all spend money..we know these guys will.

One team in the OG top six isn’t gonna make it.

Brings me to the question is there really a top 6 anymore?

Top 3?

Things about to change and it’s good for competition but we’d be lying if we don’t acknowledge what that oil money did for City.
The Saudis will defo spend. Great way for them to build good PR after Khashoggi's murder. Newcastle is the ideal club to do it as well. St James' Park is probably the most impressive ground I've been to in England outside of Old Trafford. Right in the middle of the city centre. Very attractive proposition for investors and will be for players once they get to splashing that cash

I am getting fed up with all these FaceTime interviews/shows... Though the one on Sky Sports with Kelly Cates and a mix of Neville, Carra, Redknapp, Sourness and guests is pretty dope...

Sooo....has anyone thought about Newcastle and what the future might look like with another financial powerhouse in the PL? I have to add ‘Saudi’ cause there are few powerhouses but not all spend money..we know these guys will.

Top 3?

Things about to change and it’s good for competition but we’d be lying if we don’t acknowledge what that oil money did for City.

if this Saudi thing is really happening and comes to fruition....

1. they'll get a top out of work manager first to be the architect of the project and show real intent in attracting top talent (my guess: allegri or pochettino...the latter being most likely)

2. a lot of mercenaries/"troublesome"/B+ players will be their first waves of talent - all big salaries and with even bigger egos

3. They'll also get a big time name that either requires reputation redemption (i.e. Bale, Coutinho) and/or a big time player that's up there in age but wants that one last hurrah of playing EPL (e.g. Lewandowski)

Overall they'll take at least 3 years before they will even come close to cracking top 6 IMO. They can spend but they aren't gonna do it and become a powerhouse as quickly as Chelsea, City did it in the past

The dynamics and game has changed too much for that....but yeah there won't be a top 6, just the "haves" and "have-nots"....those fighting for a European spot (Champions League or Europa) and those fighting off relegation (clubs 11-20th position)

Where is all of this money coming from? No cuts No tax payer money No furloughs Ozil should get his full salary plus bonus for seeing coronavirus coming from a mile away. Son this is not Fifa 20 Career mode.

'It's indefensible... he should set the example': Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher rip into Mesut Ozil as he resists Arsenal wage cut - and say the £350,000-per-week star now faces being 'alienated'

'His [Ozil’s] agent did him no favour when he came out three or four weeks ago when he said let’s wait and see. I always felt this would be a problem, Carragher told Sky Sports News during The Football Show.

'There’s two strands of players who might not fully engage, and that’s a young lad who maybe didn’t have the revenue, or a player coming to the end of his contract.

'But the fact the highest-paid player hasn’t done it… the rest of the squad has agreed it, you’ve got to go with the rest of the players. As you say, it’s a massive PR own goal.

'I’m not going to have a go at him for the wages he’s earned, blame the people who are paying him, but the highest-paid member of the squad should be one who sets the example.'

as @Blue_London stated, it's not for the players to help etc, however from a moral and integrity standpoint, he should have played this better especially with most of him teammates who earn less than him agreeing to it.

For example, be seen doing some PR photo op of him dropping shopping to the elderly, committing £1m to the NHS or Germany/Turkish charities etc....basically get ahead of this story coming out as little to no one is going to be sympathetic to him

Top 3?

Newcastle can't do it how man City did back in 2008 due to FFP.

Newcastle are going to have to have Man UTD level of sponsorship or have some bogus in house Saudi licensing deals like what man city does, in order for the revenue to match spending.

'It's indefensible... he should set the example': Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher rip into Mesut Ozil as he resists Arsenal wage cut - and say the £350,000-per-week star now faces being 'alienated'

'His [Ozil’s] agent did him no favour when he came out three or four weeks ago when he said let’s wait and see. I always felt this would be a problem, Carragher told Sky Sports News during The Football Show.

'There’s two strands of players who might not fully engage, and that’s a young lad who maybe didn’t have the revenue, or a player coming to the end of his contract.

'But the fact the highest-paid player hasn’t done it… the rest of the squad has agreed it, you’ve got to go with the rest of the players. As you say, it’s a massive PR own goal.

'I’m not going to have a go at him for the wages he’s earned, blame the people who are paying him, but the highest-paid member of the squad should be one who sets the example.'

as @Blue_London stated, it's not for the players to help etc, however from a moral and integrity standpoint, he should have played this better especially with most of him teammates who earn less than him agreeing to it.

For example, be seen doing some PR photo op of him dropping shopping to the elderly, committing £1m to the NHS or Germany/Turkish charities etc....basically get ahead of this story coming out as little to no one is going to be sympathetic to him

Should Ozil take a pay cut or not?

Should Ozil take a pay cut or not?
Is this what you were talking about? lmao how was I going to know????

Again I don't care what footballers do with their money they shouldn't be bailing out the government. As long arsenal Staff gets paid without TAX Payers money i don't care.

Tottenham was Using TAX Payers money without Players taking a cut as the first option.

This is legit us vs Football clubs

None of you guys could be season ticket holders saying this.

I know if I was a season ticket holder and I'm not getting my money back or credit towards future games, the whole first team managerial staff, executive board, need to take a pay cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back