Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the injury crisis well if you let two first team midfielders go and don't replace them, you're gonna have problems. If you let your best/second best CB leave the club on loan for no real reason and then get a couple injuries, you only have yourself to blame

Reactions: GNS
I agree Ole is certainly out of his depth and is in no way capable of pushing United to the next level/level they want to be at (i.e. competing for the prem title and regular champs league footy etc), however I do feel that he is laying the foundations for the next manager (e.g. Poch, Allegri etc) to come in and work with a framework of:

- this is what Man United is about as a club identity and philosophy which is attacking football*,
- this is the base of our long-term transfer policy (i.e. youth, particularly british talent),
- this should be the spine of the team (Rash, McSauce, Maguire, AWB, DDG) and considered what to build upon

If all goes to plan, then when the reigns goes to the next guy, the powers that be @ United should be telling that guy these are our expectations including transfer policy, so they need to build upon that rather than destroy and rebuild each time.

*the new manager can come in a build on that philosophy with their idea of attacking football. Right now OGS version of it is fast-paced counter-attacking and nothing else. I read somewhere where United has the majority of possession they tend to struggle against teams/win. Basically there is a direct negative correlation with United having the ball and winning games, which indicates possession based football is something the team struggles with (unlike City and Pool which is their current DNA).

No its toxic because too many fans live in a fantasy
world where Ole is doin' a good job but Jose didn't.

No one expects United to win every game, people like me don't like that we have no tactics other than counter. That's Ole's entire job.

The squad is depleted because Ole depleted it.

Lastly it has nothin' to do with anyone bein' spoilt, no one is upset that we won't win Prem this year or next so please let's not do that

In order to play different tactics you need the squad to do it. Ole currently doesn’t have the squad to be versatile for different teams we come up against.

I know you honestly don’t believe that any manager will fully depletes his squad without expecting replacements. That is above Ole and in your heart you know that.

Jose won two trophies but left the team in a complete state and had a meltdown.

He is currently doing no better than Poch was and is still behind Ole in the league. He has a much better squad than Ole too *shrugs...it is what it is.

Ole is sacrificing his career cause man like Jose don’t have what it takes to rebuild a squad and having to rely on youth.

Jose has man thinking Rashford was completely useless and Fred wasn’t his buy because he can’t develop players that are not already 75% there already.

Wasnt long ago man in this thread we’re saying Rashford new contract was to much, that’s because we brought Jose rhetoric.

• Cap
I agree Ole is certainly out of his depth and is in no way capable of pushing United to the next level/level they want to be at (i.e. competing for the prem title and regular champs league footy etc), however I do feel that he is laying the foundations for the next manager (e.g. Poch, Allegri etc) to come in and work with a framework of:

- this is what Man United is about as a club identity and philosophy which is attacking football*,
- this is the base of our long-term transfer policy (i.e. youth, particularly british talent),
- this should be the spine of the team (Rash, McSauce, Maguire, AWB, DDG) and considered what to build upon

If all goes to plan, then when the reigns goes to the next guy, the powers that be @ United should be telling that guy these are our expectations including transfer policy, so they need to build upon that rather than destroy and rebuild each time.

*the new manager can come in a build on that philosophy with their idea of attacking football. Right now OGS version of it is fast-paced counter-attacking and nothing else. I read somewhere where United has the majority of possession they tend to struggle against teams/win. Basically there is a direct negative correlation with United having the ball and winning games, which indicates possession based football is something the team struggles with (unlike City and Pool which is their current DNA).

You get it, bruh.

Poor Ole is doing this shit for the benefit of the next manager and that’s out of pure love for the club.

He’s having to fix the issues caused by gross negligence displayed by his superiors at the club.

Mainly bad recruitment and bad footballing decisions.

Ole has been in a year now....why is there no director of football at the club yet??

Gross negligence

As for the injury crisis well if you let two first team midfielders go and don't replace them, you're gonna have problems. If you let your best/second best CB leave the club on loan for no real reason and then get a couple injuries, you only have yourself to blame

Again, Woodward can only manage 3 signings per window, his own words.

Smalling, I’m with you. I also understand that at the time we had too many cb’s and it would be unfair to hold Smalling back. You probably forgot about Baily who got injured after Smalling left and there is Rojo, Axel...Phil fucking Jones!

Last edited:
In order to play different tactics you need the squad to do it. Ole currently doesn’t have the squad to be versatile for different teams we come up against.

I know you honestly don’t believe that any manager will fully depletes his squad without expecting replacements. That is above Ole and in your heart you know that.

Jose won two trophies but left the team in a complete state and had a meltdown.

He is currently doing no better than Poch was and is still behind Ole in the league. He has a much better squad than Ole too *shrugs...it is what it is.

Ole is sacrificing his career cause man like Jose don’t have what it takes to rebuild a squad and having to rely on youth.

Jose has man thinking Rashford was completely useless and Fred wasn’t his buy because he can’t develop players that are not already 75% there already.

Wasnt long ago man in this thread we’re saying Rashford new contract was to much, that’s because we brought Jose rhetoric.

Smh seriously

Yes I believe Ole weaken the squad intentionally and I believe that because all evidence points towards that.

Jose did not leave the team in a state. Van Gaal did with his mediocre signings that took ages to shift. Notice Lukaku went as soon as he wasn't wanted any more, it's because he's a good player.

Ignorin' that Poch/Jose rubbish

Jose finished 2nd with United and was given Fred while the teams directly below and above us brought in world class players.

Rashford played more than 100 times for Jose. Scorin' winners against all of the big six while doin' it, and from the left. And while guidin' us to 2nd. McTom is Jose's player but you guys are cool with that narrative. He gave Axel his debut too but again let's pretend.

Ole is choosin' to rely upon unproven players because he hasn't got the mentality for experienced players. That's why he let Kaku and Smalling go. Thats why we didnt try sign Ibra til summer even tho' it would have made perfect sense

But like I said too many United fans live in a fantasy world

Smh seriously

Yes I believe Ole weaken the squad intentionally and I believe that because all evidence points towards that.

Jose did not leave the team in a state. Van Gaal did with his mediocre signings that took ages to shift. Notice Lukaku went as soon as he wasn't wanted any more, it's because he's a good player.

Ignorin' that Poch/Jose rubbish

Jose finished 2nd with United and was given Fred while the teams directly below and above us brought in world class players.

Rashford played more than 100 times for Jose. Scorin' winners against all of the big six while doin' it, and from the left. And while guidin' us to 2nd. McTom is Jose's player but you guys are cool with that narrative. He gave Axel his debut too but again let's pretend.

Ole is choosin' to rely upon unproven players because he hasn't got the mentality for experienced players. That's why he let Kaku and Smalling go. Thats why we didnt try sign Ibra til summer even tho' it would have made perfect sense

But like I said too many United fans live in a fantasy world

We both feel each other us living in a fantasy.

Rashford played under Jose and he was still digging him out as a pundit before he got the Spurs job.

Lukaku didn't wanna be here. Forcing a move.

Ibra is short term solution, it goes against a rebuild...and thus the problem, man want a quick fix which why man love Jose. But think about how much we would have had to pay to Ibra for 6 months to what get into the top 4? Is it worth the disruption he would bring to the dressing room. The better option was Haaland who Ole went for but with a club in a mess and his agent, it wasn’t gonna happen

Jose got sacked because the team was in a state...I know you wanna blame Pogba but Jose got Jose sacked.

it’s funny you say a big name manager like Jose was given Fred but Ole chose not to recruit. Why didn’t Jose get who he wanted if he didn’t want Fred?

it seem like your holding Ole and Jose to different standards to fit yo narrative.

When in doubt , blame Jose 2020. The saga of 1 man beef continues.

Bruh, I got a time today.
I’m gonna address @toheeb27 too cause he be co-signing bare post but won’t address man....stop being pussy.

This post infers that MY post lays all the blame on Jose.

Now I know, that you know that’s not what my posts are saying. So you gotta either stop lazy posting, stop caping for your lord and saviour or respond to my posts

@Cellar used Jose in his post and I responded.

At no point have i placed all Utd problems on Jose.

I’m here to debate, and football is about opinions. We all have different opinions. It’s very clear I differ from some of out own fans.

But in 2020 I ain’t letting you man be lazy when you respond to me. If you caping for yo boy, cape. If you got decent arguments to back up your opinions...let’s do this. But taking bits of my posts and running with a narrative, nah.

If you can’t textually deal with me, that’s fine...I’ll ease up on my posting in this forum but stop with the lazy shit.

We both feel each other us living in a fantasy.

Rashford played under Jose and he was still digging him out as a pundit before he got the Spurs job.

Lukaku didn't wanna be here. Forcing a move.

Ibra is short term solution, it goes against a rebuild...and thus the problem, man want a quick fix which why man love Jose. But think about how much we would have had to pay to Ibra for 6 months to what get into the top 4? Is it worth the disruption he would bring to the dressing room. The better option was Haaland who Ole went for but with a club in a mess and his agent, it wasn’t gonna happen

Jose got sacked because the team was in a state...I know you wanna blame Pogba but Jose got Jose sacked.

it’s funny you say a big name manager like Jose was given Fred but Ole chose not to recruit. Why didn’t Jose get who he wanted if he didn’t want Fred?

it seem like your holding Ole and Jose to different standards to fit yo narrative.

Bro come on you're sayin' ridiculous things.

So what if Jose criticised Rash while a pundit seriously so what???

Obviously Ibra is a short term solution. Why is that a problem?

What disruption would Ibra bring to the dressin' room this is what I mean, where did you get that from?

We've been "rebuildin'" since van Gaal that's no excuse to accept rubbish.

I have no idea why the board didn't give Jose the defenders he wanted. No idea whatsover.

I don't kno' what that last paragraph means

Bruh, I got a time today.
I’m gonna address @toheeb27 too cause he be co-signing bare post but won’t address man....stop being pussy.

This post infers that MY post lays all the blame on Jose.

Now I know, that you know that’s not what my posts are saying. So you gotta either stop lazy posting, stop caping for your lord and saviour or respond to my posts

@Cellar used Jose in his post and I responded.

At no point have i placed all Utd problems on Jose.

I’m here to debate, and football is about opinions. We all have different opinions. It’s very clear I differ from some of out own fans.

But in 2020 I ain’t letting you man be lazy when you respond to me. If you caping for yo boy, cape. If you got decent arguments to back up your opinions...let’s do this. But taking bits of my posts and running with a narrative, nah.

If you can’t textually deal with me, that’s fine...I’ll ease up on my posting in this forum but stop with the lazy shit.

You entire beef should be aimed at Ed Woodward & Pogba. Both them niggas keeping your squad from progression.

Jose Mourinho record at man is what, 58%? Ole is what again?

Bro come on you're sayin' ridiculous things.

So what if Jose criticised Rash while a pundit seriously so what???

Obviously Ibra is a short term solution. Why is that a problem?

What disruption would Ibra bring to the dressin' room this is what I mean, where did you get that from?

We've been "rebuildin'" since van Gaal that's no excuse to accept rubbish.

I have no idea why the board didn't give Jose the defenders he wanted. No idea whatsover.

I don't kno' what that last paragraph means

Ok, since SAF left we have recruited managers and players for the short term with no clear plan.

This is the reason we have Ole now.

It was all good buying Di Maria, Lukaku, Sanchez etc...but they wasn’t here for the long haul and they wasn’t part of a clear plan.

Now we are planing for the long term but whilst we do that we need a manager who cares about the club. Not a manager who wants it all now. We don’t need a manager who would rather buy the ready made article but a manager who wants to progress are young talents.

Develop Greenwood, AWB, Williams, Chong...the way that SAF developed the class of 92...then add star players like yo Ronaldo’s, RVP etc

Poch did at Spurs but it’s Jose who’s likely to see the trophies...and this is what I mean about Ole sacrificing himself for the greater good of the club.

Buying for the short term is why we are where we are.

Chelsea spent years developing there academy. Now they only need, one maybe two star buys and they are right back up competing for trophies as and example.

Last edited:
You entire beef should be aimed at Ed Woodward & Pogba. Both them niggas keeping your squad from progression.

Jose Mourinho record at man is what, 58%? Ole is what again?

My entire beef is with Woodward...I’ll ignore the Pogba comment.

But if man start acting like Jose didn’t make mistakes...Jose will be the first to tell you he did...hence his current rebrand.

@CeLLar-DooR in regards to Ibra..i take it back I think he would be positive in the dressing room.

But it goes against what we doing now. Also the big money he would require just to maybe get us into fourth is not worth it when we can use that money to buy a young hungry striker in the summer who will be here for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back