Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Lol your logic is Tottenhamesq

That's like saying inesta can't be the best midfielder because he only played in Spain.

Lampard can't be considered as one of the best goal scoring midfielders because he only played in england.

If you can't see how that argument is flawed then maybe you're a little biased?

I don't make arguments for one being above everybody else. You do. And when someone has a different opinion you resort to name calling.

1998 World Cup title solidify Henry greatness. Until Messi and Portugal Ronaldo do the same, then they can belong in that discussion.

I mean, if CRonaldo or Messi had a legit manager like Jacquet, one of the greatest players of all time in Zidane and a phenomenal back four like Lizarazu, Desailly, Blanc and Thuram then they'll have a chance to do like Henry and come off the bench and chip in a couple of goals. Henry was a bit player for that team, like Trezeguet. I'm not sure 98 is the best case for his greatness.

There is never only 1 goat, there are multiple greats.

In terms of him or messi, CR7>>>>>>. Multiple titles in two leagues, won with the national team, the accolades, the stats, etc.

I know messi is a god to you guys but he's nothing but the golden calf to me.

I don't think you can say "the stats" are in either of their favour. Both have phenomenal stats that make the case for each one. Neither wins on just the stats.
I do think the multiple titles in two leagues and a great spell in two leagues is a case for CRonaldo over Messi much like it is for El Diego over Messi.
But we can all see what we see when we watch him and that dude is one of the greats, like CRonaldo. Anyone picking one over the other is just picking based on personal preference in their style of play because both will go down in the pantheon of greats like Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Zidane, Ronaldo fenomeno.

Man, Morocco are unlucky. They have played well in this tournament.

To be honest, Nigeria have been the worst African team so far. We need to get our shit together.

Seriously unlucky by Morocco, they should have picked up at least 2 points from these two matches. Dominated play in both matches and played good football yet they just couldnt score 1 single goal. Ridiculous.

I don't think Nigeria have been worse than Egypt. Both had lapses in concentration on set pieces in their first match. Then Egypt uncharacteristically opened up defensively yesterday and that was that.

Nigeria weren't great on Saturday but they held their own versus a veteran Croatia team and I believe if Iheanacho started the match and Mikel was dropped deeper while Etebo or Iwobi were behind Kelechi, they'd have had more opportunities to score.

If Rohr doesn't start Kelechi on Friday then that MFer isn't really serious about winning a match with Nigeria at the World Cup.

Armrobot for Morocco reminds me of Hasan Sas on the flank for Turkey in 98 World Cup.

That was a truly dope Turkish squad. Was 02 World Cup though not 98. They were some ballers on that squad. I read recently that Hakan Sukur is living and working at a bakery (part owner or something like that) in California. Can't go back home because of issues with Erdogan. Same thing with Enes Kanter and Erdogan.

I mean, if CRonaldo or Messi had a legit manager like Jacquet, one of the greatest players of all time in Zidane and a phenomenal back four like Lizarazu, Desailly, Blanc and Thuram then they'll have a chance to do like Henry and come off the bench and chip in a couple of goals. Henry was a bit player for that team, like Trezeguet. I'm not sure 98 is the best case for his greatness.

I don't think you can say "the stats" are in either of their favour. Both have phenomenal stats that make the case for each one. Neither wins on just the stats.
I do think the multiple titles in two leagues and a great spell in two leagues is a case for CRonaldo over Messi much like it is for El Diego over Messi.
But we can all see what we see when we watch him and that dude is one of the greats, like CRonaldo. Anyone picking one over the other is just picking based on personal preference in their style of play because both will go down in the pantheon of greats like Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Zidane, Ronaldo fenomeno.

That’s fair. Henry evolved throughout his career, sealed it up with a champs league title with Barcelona. The maradonas, Franz Beckenbsuer, Sudanese, Brazil Ronaldo will always be above the Johann Cruyff, Messi, figo, Portugal Ronaldo. World Cup is harder to win (4 year span). All great still

That was a truly dope Turkish squad. Was 02 World Cup though not 98. They were some ballers on that squad. I read recently that Hakan Sukur is living and working at a bakery (part owner or something like that) in California. Can't go back home because of issues with Erdogan. Same thing with Enes Kanter and Erdogan.

Erdogan is the guy Ozil and Gunduggan took picture with the other day? Better to be safe than sorry. Hakan the legend. That’s unfortunate
Yea, that 02 squad from Turkey was fire.

Erdogan is the guy Ozil and Gunduggan took picture with the other day? Better to be safe than sorry. Hakan the legend. That’s unfortunate
Yea, that 02 squad from Turkey was fire.

Yeah man, same dude. German fans not loving Ozil and Ilkay after that one.

Plus CR7 won a major trophy with his country... But still, Brazilian Ronaldo was one of my football heroes growing up, he really was next level of GOATNESS, he just had so much pressure on his shoulders as he kinda came into the Brazil team after Romario and Rivaldo etc

So Ronnie has scored with his right foot, left foot and now his head right??? Set piece and in game... Last min and within the first few mins of KO... And its only 2 games in, I think its sounds like its his W.C this year...

Back