Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG 'agree to extend Thomas Tuchel's contract until 2021' despite shock Champions League exit at the hands of under-strength Manchester United

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly agreed to extend the contract of manager Thomas Tuchel despite him overseeing the club's shock loss to Manchester United.

Tuchel, who has been in the job since May 2018, has maintained the club's domestic dominance, with PSG currently sat 20 points clear of Lille at the top of France's Ligue 1 table.

But Tuchel also oversaw a 3-1 home defeat by an under-strength United side — a match which sent PSG out of the Champions League despite their 2-0 win in the first leg at Old Trafford.

According to Telefoot, Tuchel and PSG had been in talks over a new deal before that game and negotiations continued despite the damaging result.

It is now claimed that an agreement — set to be formalised in the coming days — has been reached which will see the German commit to the Paris giants until the summer of 2021.

Tuchel's overall win percentage at PSG is 81.40 — 35 victories, four draws and four defeats in his first 43 games.

That record is slightly better than his predecessor's. Unai Emery took charge of 114 games, winning 87, drawing 15 and losing 12 — giving him a win percentage of 76.32.

Funny this comes out when for the last 3 weeks, all I've been hearing is this:

FEBRUARY 17 2019

'I can imagine myself in Ligue 1' - Mourinho sparks speculation of French connection amid PSG links

The Portuguese manager has teased that he may make a return to coaching in France's top flight in the wake of his exit from Manchester United

Jose Mourinho has suggested that he could make a return to managerial work in Ligue 1after attending Lille’s home game against Montpellier.

The Portuguese, who has worked as a television pundit since his dismissal by Manchester United in December, was pictured with former France striker Nicolas Anelka at Sunday’s game, which finished in a goalless draw between the two sides.

“I can imagine myself as a coach in Ligue 1,” Mourinho, who previously dismissed speculation he could take charge of Benfica, said to beIN SPORTS.

“I am a man who has worked in four different countries, I like to know and learn other cultures. Working in a new championship would be a fantastic experience.

“For now I'm calm, I try to live better with my family and friends and I work to get the right opportunity to go back to training.

“Two to three months [without a job] is okay, afterwards it's more difficult. I hope to have the opportunity to come back stronger.

“My project is my project as a person and coach, to improve myself, to be better, to think all days about my profession, which is also a passion. But this is not the time to talk with clubs.”

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/i-c...-sparks-speculation/mbta03azh1im1kq064soep2mc

MARCH 7 2019

Jose Mourinho tempted by PSG manager job as Real Madrid wait in the wings

Jose Mourinho is tempted by the prospect of managing Paris Saint-Germain, despite Real Madrid waiting in the wings.

The former Manchester United manager will look to return to work in the summer and has been convinced for some time that a job is waiting for him at the Bernabeu.

But even with the potential of second spell at Real, he has indicated to people who worked closely with him that PSG and a move to France appeals.

Mourinho has indicated he would be willing to step down from the very highest tier of club management for the right project. But he is unlikely to have to make that choice with both Real and PSG potential stages for his return.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...s-real-madrid-wait-in-the-wings-a4085496.html

4 days later, Zizou came back and took the Madrid job so if Tuchel gets extended....Mourinho gonna have to look to maybe Italy, or take a step down!

If i was not a Chelsea fan(and maybe an England fan), i would get quickly annoyed by how much the commentators are focusing on Hudson Odoi. They have talked about him more than the rest of the team combined.

I like it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back