Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a Arsenal fan I would want to know why there is only £50m to spend?

Why can’t the new manager spend £130m they will receive from Sky? Apparently Benitez can have the £120m that Newcastle recieve but Arsenal are already budgeting. Why?

Forget about the money they make from tickets, Bamayang/Mhki/Ozil shirt sales and overseas revenue... why can’t the manager have the basics?

Arsenal fans gonna wish Wenger was still there. Transition time ain’t easy. Especially on a budget.

Lmao. Why waste a wish on Wenger?

Tough times ahead? lol. Something like that.

If I was a Arsenal fan I would want to know why there is only £50m to spend?

Why can’t the new manager spend £130m they will receive from Sky?
Apparently Benitez can have the £120m that Newcastle recieve but Arsenal are already budgeting. Why?

Forget about the money they make from tickets, Bamayang/Mhki/Ozil shirt sales and overseas revenue... why can’t the manager have the basics?

Arsenal fans gonna wish Wenger was still there. Transition time ain’t easy. Especially on a budget.

Arsenal finances never make any sense especially given that they don't have the excuses of past with regards to their stadium.

In Deloitte's most recent annual football money league report (based on 16/17 season), Arsenal were the 6th highest revenue generating football club in the world. Earning £419m/€487.6m, this is more than PSG, Chelsea, Liverpool and Juve to name a few in 16/17 season.

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...s-business-group/deloitte-uk-sbg-dfml2018.pdf

When you then look at the breakdown of that money, almost half of that comes from broadcasting revenue - £202m/€234.7m. Even it's matchday revenue which is only surpassed by United, Madrid and Barca (whose stadiums have between 25-66% greater capacity than the Emirates) is one of the highest in Europe; however on a per spectator basis this shifts vastly and puts Arsenal head and shoulders above the rest as undoubted kings of the average highest ticket prices in Europe according to a UEFA report (https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/01/1...clubs-are-charging-fans-most-any-teams-europe).

upload_2018-5-22_1-51-12.png

In comparison the big dogs of United, Madrid, Barca and Bayern majority source of revenue is actually commercial. So how much exactly is Arsenal's broadcast money for this season?

Premier%2BLEague%2BPrize%2Bmoney.jpg

Well we know that there is to be £142m coming from the Premier League. Factor in domestic cup competitions (FA/League Cup) and Europa League exploits (estimated at £35m - http://www.cityam.com/285175/champions-league-and-europa-league-revenue-much-prize-money), then there's a conservative assumption of at least £180m broadcast revenue for 2017/18 season. A fall from the £200m+ of last season, but that's to be expected mainly due to not being in the Champions League (http://www.cityam.com/281438/arsenal-suffer-gbp234m-fall-football-revenue-gunners-count).

In summary, if the Arsenal board want to have the club remain as their eternal golden goose then qualifying for Champions League next season is paramount.
Commercial revenue comes from being perceived as a big club and leveraging the global reach that Champions League football provides. Equally, broadcast money and matchday revenue is linked to being in Europe's elite competition, so Kronke/Gazidis and their cronies need to really back the manager and spend money (more than £50m! lol) to really make money. They can start by giving the bulk of the broadcasting revenue + net player sales to the incumbent manager.

Last edited:
I think arsenal will be fine. They score goals. It’s mainly the defense that let them down.

Lol, they need a new back 5 including the keeper.

If Van Dyke cost £75m and Arsenal only got £50m to spend, Arsenal are not going to be fine.

Lest we forget that City’s defence cost £300m

They should have already signed Evans for £3m but what’s the hold up?

Lol, they need a new back 5 including the keeper.

If Van Dyke cost £75m and Arsenal only got £50m to spend, Arsenal are not going to be fine.

Lest we forget that City’s defence cost £300m

They should have already signed Evans for £3m but what’s the hold up?

I'd keep Kos, Monreal and Holding. Mustafi hasn't impressed me at all and seems like a liability, and Bellerin isn't a defender. He's got pace but so did Ashley Cole - the difference is Ashley Cole could also defend and had some football intelligence to him.

Ospina is not a starter and Cech is a double agent.

If Arsenal drop a statement regarding the club and Emery having a limited budget for whatever reason and then Emery struggles the fans will prolly go revolt and cause riots haha.. Robbie and AFTV will be swimming in money...
:ballin:

If Arsenal drop a statement regarding the club and Emery having a limited budget for whatever reason and then Emery struggles the fans will prolly go revolt and cause riots haha.. Robbie and AFTV will be swimming in money...
:ballin:

It's part of the plan. Their human shield, arsene Wenger, is gone. Wenger had to go. Simple as that.

I hope Arsenal don't sign somebody like Blind. Especially to play as a DM. It's just Jose doesn't fancy him but when Van Gaal was here he was world class especially in his second season. And he was top quality at Ajax where he played majority as a CDM

Even Mkhitaryan is gonna eventually get back to his Dortmund form again probably this up coming season. Arsenal are just a few signings away like a Blind and a few other players from challenging for the title

Just realised only weeks until to the World Cup!!! Feels like its crept up on us.... I normally get football withdrawals during the summer cant wait for kick off...

So Brighton have already made a summer signing, defender Leon Balogun from FSV Mainz 05??? Anyone heard of him or seen him play??? Hes apparently in the 30 man World Cup squad for Nigeria...

So Brighton have already made a summer signing, defender Leon Balogun from FSV Mainz 05??? Anyone heard of him or seen him play??? Hes apparently in the 30 man World Cup squad for Nigeria...

Here this nigga go caring about his “other” club too much...smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back