Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
E-sports: should be classified as a sport, and should the likes of Sky and BT Sport be showing it?

I've turned it onto Sky Sports and they're showing some kids playing FIFA. My opinion is the same as when they announced e-sports was going to be part of the X-Games - they're either taking the piss or the world has stopped making sense.

Smh @ the bold. BMX and skateboarding are the only competitions I look forward to.

E sports, poker, and darts should never be shown on sports channels.

Arsene still won trophies but cruyff May have transcended arsenal the same way he did at Barcelona from 88-96. Won champion league twice , 4 final appearances.

It would of been very interesting, but Arsene did transform English football with his tactics, methods and philosophies... And his eye for spotting talent and transforming them (henry from winger to striker for example)... I dont doubt Cruff would of been successful and bought something new to the game, but I dont think he would of had the impact and longevity of Arsene...

Juventus expect to announce the signing of Emre Can from Liverpool after the Champions League final.

The Germany international midfielder had been offered new terms by Liverpool but they have refused to include a buyout clause in any contract proposals.

Juve chief executive Beppe Morata told Italian TV: 'I am confident we will be able to announce Emre Can after the Champions League final.'

Looking like willian could be a united player soon
I like him as a player, but he will be 30 in a few months. If he wants to go join Mourinho, it about the right time to sell him anyway.

Ideally, i would hope he stays a few more years, and then Hudson Odoi or Musonda takes his place, but who am i kidding.

Wenger won 3 Premier League titles and 7 FA Cups. Took them two major european Finals, the . He revolutionized Arsenal FC from a training, playing, and supporting standpoint. His philosophy and playing style changed the way English football was played. He's partly responsible for the Emirates stadium.

Johan Cruyff would have been great but would he have accomplished all of that? We don't know.

Looking back on it now it was a win-win situation for the club.

Pretty sure Cruijff would have changed the prem, probably would have been successful in Europe aswell. He changed La Liga and Barca, as a player and a coach...pioneered a system Bayern, Barca, City, Germany, Spain etc nowadays play. Im leaving out what he did for Holland lol.

I'm about 99% sure that if Cruijff went to Arsenal, they wouldve had atleast 10 more league titles. That man was lightyears ahead of Wenger and Fergie. It wouldnt have been fair if Johan entered the - back then - weak azz prem lol. I remember how cocky the Dutch, Spanish, Italians etc were in the 90s when talking about the prem, all heart/kick n rush, no tacticz etc. Times have changed...

It would of been very interesting, but Arsene did transform English football with his tactics, methods and philosophies... And his eye for spotting talent and transforming them (henry from winger to striker for example)... I dont doubt Cruff would of been successful and bought something new to the game, but I dont think he would of had the impact and longevity of Arsene...

He did transcend epl football, but look at the games in today’s time. Pep, Spain’s national team, Holland 1988 and beyond squad, Ajax 1995, that entire decade, and a rack of coaches adopted johan cruyff coaching method out of holland.
Cruyff tactics lives on in today’s time and folks win with it. Cruyff influences is just broader.

But, they both winners and brought their brand to the masses, which pretty much matters most.

Wenger will always be one of the GOATS.

@Hundredeyes just saw your post. Total football

Last edited:
Roman abramovich's UK Visa has not been renewed.

Their might be the of the toy plastic play club Chelsea, and they might have to be ran like a real club, which takes into account profit and losses debt payments...

In true Belgian style, we got a player who won't STFU!

Courtois is not sure where the Italian's future lies - 'whatever he or the club decides, they will know what they do,' the goalkeeper said - nor does he know where he will spend the 2018-19 campaign.

'Like I said in the last weeks or months, I think we'll see after the World Cup whether I am a Chelsea player for next year,' the Belgium international said.

'We'll see what is going to happen after the World Cup.'

Courtois has been heavily linked with Real Madrid and its appears Chelsea need to win over their goalkeeper.

With his contract soon running out, the 26-year-old believes the Blues have to dig deep to have any chance of a title challenge next term.

Asked if Chelsea need a big summer to add players in order to challenge for the title, Courtois said: 'Yeah, I think so. I think especially if you see how City and United are spending and working.

'I think if we want to aim for the top, we should do the same - obviously within the limits of what's possible as well.

'I think that the transfer market has gone pretty crazy. Nowadays you pay £80million for a defender I think - that's crazy figures.

'We'll see what's going on and I am sure the board will do what needs to be done.'

In true Belgian style, we got a player who won't STFU!

Courtois is not sure where the Italian's future lies - 'whatever he or the club decides, they will know what they do,' the goalkeeper said - nor does he know where he will spend the 2018-19 campaign.

'Like I said in the last weeks or months, I think we'll see after the World Cup whether I am a Chelsea player for next year,' the Belgium international said.

'We'll see what is going to happen after the World Cup.'

Courtois has been heavily linked with Real Madrid and its appears Chelsea need to win over their goalkeeper.

With his contract soon running out, the 26-year-old believes the Blues have to dig deep to have any chance of a title challenge next term.

Asked if Chelsea need a big summer to add players in order to challenge for the title, Courtois said: 'Yeah, I think so. I think especially if you see how City and United are spending and working.

'I think if we want to aim for the top, we should do the same - obviously within the limits of what's possible as well.

'I think that the transfer market has gone pretty crazy. Nowadays you pay £80million for a defender I think - that's crazy figures.

'We'll see what's going on and I am sure the board will do what needs to be done.'

They just can’t shut up. He won’t be the only one talking before the World Cup that’s for sure.

I want us to sign Loftus Cheek instead of Willian

Loftus Cheek is a genuine box to box CM equally good at both defensive and attacking duties. A 3 man CM of Loftus Cheek, Matic, Pogba would flourish

Also he has to be starting for England at the WC

------------------------------------------Pickford---------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Walker---------Stones---------Gomez------------------------------------------

Trippier--------------------------Alli--------------Loftus Cheek-------------------------------Young

-------------------------------Lingard-------------------Sterling-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------Kane----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back