Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years in England.... 2 trophies (premier league title and fa cup) = success!

On another note, Kante has got an incredible CV over the last few years, 2 Prem titles + FA Cup!

I would take Kante over EVERY SINGLE Man Utd player. The dude is amazing. Only Hazard is more important on Chelsea, but its still close for me.

Mario Balotelli recalled to Italy squad after FOUR-YEAR absence as new manager Roberto Mancini adds five fresh faces for friendlies against Saudi Arabia, France and Holland

Mario Balotelli has earned a place back in the Italy squad after a four-year absence.

The forward has not represented his country since the 2014 World Cup but has convinced new boss Roberto Mancini to select him after a prolific season for Nice.

Mancini, who has previously managed Balotelli at Inter Milan and Manchester City, held a meeting with the enigmatic Italian earlier this week to discuss his possible return to the national set-up.

ITALY SQUAD
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Mattia Perin (Genoa), Salvatore Sirigu (Turin)

Defenders: Leonardo Bonucci (Milan), Mattia Caldara (Atalanta), Domenico Criscito (Zenit St Petersburg), Danilo D'Ambrosio (Inter), Mattia De Sciglio (Juventus), Emerson Palmieri Dos Santos (Chelsea), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan), Daniele Rugani (Juventus), Davide Zappacosta (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Daniele Baselli (Turin), Giacomo Bonaventura (Milan), Bryan Cristante (Atalanta), Alessandro Florenzi (Rome), Frello Filho Jorge Luiz Jorginho (Naples), Rolando Mandragora (Crotone), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Rome)

Attackers: Mario Balotelli (Nice), Andrea Belotti (Turin), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Federico Bernardeschi (Juventus), Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Naples), Matteo Politano (Sassuolo), Simone Verdi (Bologna), Simone Zaza (Valencia)

@toheeb27

Fancy a toss of the coin? A small wager for today’s proceedings??

What say you, sir?
giphy.gif

Pellegrini to West Ham?

Manuel Pellegrini's path to West Ham appears clearer after he was released by Hebei China Fortune.

The 64-year-old former Manchester City boss has been heavily linked with becoming David Moyes' successor at the London Stadium.

And West Ham will now hold talks with Manuel Pellegrini over the next 48 hours as they look to appoint the Chilean as their next manager.

The 64-year-old former Manchester City coach is due in London on Sunday ahead of meeting the West Ham hierarchy to discuss their plans and a potential three-year contract.

Pellegrini, who had a release clause of £5.1m on his contract, is now free to talk to the Premier League club.

In a statement on their Weibo account on Saturday, Hebei said: 'We have reached an agreement with Manuel Pellegrini that he will no longer serve as team manager.

'Here, the club would like to express its sincere gratitude to Mr Pellegrini for his contributions and we wish him well in his future work life.'

DUDE, WTF is wrong with u? U have watched your team play all season and u are acting surprised that the game turned out this way??????

Everyone and their mamas knew when Chelsea and Man Utd met, the "Suffering" would be at epic levels.

I know, but that doesnt mean I cant be pissed off and a sore loser...

People are now seeing exactly how great Sir Alex was for Man United since 1993 until 2013 he won the premier league every season at United besides 1995, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012

I'm not sure the Sanchez signing is going to work out i think it will end like the Di Maria signing. Neither seemed organic signings. Simply because in 2014 Sanchez rejected us when we attempted to sign him and choose Arsenal instead because he would rather live in London. Di Maria wanted to go to PSG in 2014 again because he would rather live in Paris

It might be more their wifes wanting those locations but if the players wife not happy it affects the players

And as far as Footballing reasons we didn't need Sanchez we have enough quality wide forwards Rashford, Lingard, Martial

2014ba08b6de2a6308937d7fc358b357.jpg

Johan Cruyff as Arsenal manager. Doesn't matter because Wenger still won major trophies.

Alan Esparza probably went into hiding for years after 1998 lol.

Arsene still won trophies but cruyff May have transcended arsenal the same way he did at Barcelona from 88-96. Won champion league twice , 4 final appearances.

Wenger won 3 Premier League titles and 7 FA Cups. Took them two major european Finals, the . He revolutionized Arsenal FC from a training, playing, and supporting standpoint. His philosophy and playing style changed the way English football was played. He's partly responsible for the Emirates stadium.

Johan Cruyff would have been great but would he have accomplished all of that? We don't know.

Looking back on it now it was a win-win situation for the club.

Wenger won 3 Premier League titles and 7 FA Cups. Took them two major european Finals, the . He revolutionized Arsenal FC from a training, playing, and supporting standpoint. His philosophy and playing style changed the way English football was played. He's partly responsible for the Emirates stadium.

Johan Cruyff would have been great but would he have accomplished all of that? We don't know.

Looking back on it now it was a win-win situation for the club.

I guess you'll never know about Cruyff taking over Arsenal, but yeah, either manager would have seen the desired results.

Last edited:
E-sports: should be classified as a sport, and should the likes of Sky and BT Sport be showing it?

I've turned it onto Sky Sports and they're showing some kids playing FIFA. My opinion is the same as when they announced e-sports was going to be part of the X-Games - they're either taking the piss or the world has stopped making sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back