Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its official: Tuchel will reign supreme with PSG.

Paris St-Germain have appointed Thomas Tuchel as their new manager.

Tuchel, who has been out of work since leaving Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund in May 2017, has signed a two-year contract with the French club.

The 44-year-old spent two years in charge at Dortmund after succeeding Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp in 2015.

Tuchel replaces Unai Emery, who led PSG to the domestic treble in France this season but did not have his two-year contract extended.

"It is with great joy, pride and ambition that I join this great world football club that is Paris St-Germain," said Tuchel.

"I look forward to working with all these great players, all of whom are among the best on the planet. With my staff, we will do everything to help the team push their limits to the highest international level.

"There is extraordinary potential in Paris and this is the most exciting challenge that has come to me. I am also looking forward to discovering Parc des Princes, a legendary European football stadium with a fantastic atmosphere."

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said: "Thomas is one of the most competitive European coaches to have emerged at the highest level in recent years.

"His ambitious personality, his assertive taste for forward-moving play and his strength of character are part of the style we have always heard at Paris St-Germain."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44107933

Everton and West Ham are both pursuing former Hull and Watford boss Marco Silva. (Mirror)

Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha, 25, says he has no intention of leaving Crystal Palace this summer. (Express)

Swansea's owners have asked Carlos Carvalhal if he is prepared to manage them in the Championship. (Independent)

Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri will look to bring Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain, 30, with him if he is made Chelsea boss this summer. (Tuttosport via Mail)

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he wants the best for coach Mikel Arteta amid mounting speculation the 36-year old Spaniard is set to succeed Arsene Wenger as Arsenal boss. (Metro)

City have renewed their interest in Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez. The two clubs have remained in contact after a proposed deal for the 27-year-old Algerian fell through in January. (Leicester Mercury)

Who gets top marks in the end-of-season report?

Arsenal are targeting Napoli's Senegal centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly. The Italian club want £53m for the 26-year-old. (Express)

Slovakia goalkeeper Martin Dubravka, 29, will hold talks with Newcastle United in the coming days after completing his loan spell from Sparta Prague. (Chronicle Live)

Newly promoted Wolves want to take Manchester United's 23-year-old Swedish defender Victor Lindelof on loan as they prepare for life in the Premier League. (Sun)

Leicester manager Claude Puel has said he will honour his contract with the club, amid rumours he is wanted by French side Saint-Etienne.(Leicester Mercury)

David Wagner has refused to give any assurances over his future as Huddersfield manager, even though chairman Dean Hoyle said the German would be staying at the club. (Mirror)

Wagner said he was looking forward to "a proper party" after the final game of the Premier League season. (Huddersfield Daily Examiner)

AC Milan fans refused to take 19-year-old Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma's shirt at the end of Saturday's match against Atalanta. (Calciomercato via La Gazzetta dello Sport)

Former Stoke player Dominic Matteo believes the Potters should have sacked manager Mark Hughes earlier in a bid to avoid relegation from the Premier League. (Inside Futbol)

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-14_18-34-25.gif
    upload_2018-5-14_18-34-25.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 9
If Arsenal (which I kinda suspected) was going to go down this route of a young up and coming manager i.e. Pochettino style, then why not Eddie Howe?

He know how to play attractive style football so that won't change for Arsenal, plus he was a former defender so he should be able to do something with the defense.

Yo...who's been playing on Arteta's wiki page?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikel_Arteta

Mikel Arteta Amatriain (Basque: [mikel aɾteta amatɾiain]; Spanish: [ˈmikel arˈteta amaˈtɾjain]; born 26 March 1982) is a retired Spanish professional footballer who played as a midfielder. He is currently an Manager of Arsenal.

Teams managed
2016–2018
Manchester City F.C. (assistant)
2018– Arsenal

Mauricio Pochettino will seek to become one of England's best-paid bosses — and ask for a minimum £100million transfer budget — when he holds crunch talks with chairman Daniel Levy this week.

The Tottenham manager cast uncertainty over his future on Sunday by suggesting his position depends on the level of investment the board are willing to inject to improve the team.

This week's discussions will centre on the amount of money available for new players and the control Pochettino, 46, will have over Spurs' recruitment. There will also be talks about a new contract for the Argentine.

Pochettino's deal, worth £5.5m a year, expires in 2021. Spurs are keen to extend that agreement, given the manager's standing as one of the best young managers in Europe.

And he wants a pay rise that recognises his part in leading Spurs to three straight top-three finishes in the Premier League.

Manchester City's Pep Guardiola and Manchester United's Jose Mourinho earn around £15m, Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool salary is about £7m, while the departing Arsene Wenger and Antonio Conte — who finished outside the top four at Arsenal and Chelsea respectively — are on around £9m.

And while Pochettino knows Spurs cannot match the cash on offer in Manchester, he wants a package similar to Conte's. Chelsea supremo Marina Granovskaia views Pochettino as the perfect candidate to replace Conte.

A switch across London is incredibly unlikely, but Chelsea's interest in Pochettino could be in the manager's interest when it comes to negotiating his pay rise.

Pochettino wants at least £100m to reinvigorate Tottenham's squad. Spurs have a reputation for being creative in the market and have enjoyed success with that model — Dele Alli, Kieran Trippier, Eric Dier, Toby Alderweireld and Son Heung-min having been signed for relatively modest fees.

However, there have also been costly failures: Vincent Janssen, Fernando Llorente, Georges N'Koudou and Moussa Sissoko. And Pochettino will target proven stars capable of going straight into his starting XI.

United striker Anthony Martial, Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha and Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon are among the players he has identified. Signing Martial or Zaha would almost certainly break the club's transfer record and smash their wage ceiling — which Pochettino wants raised as he seeks to keep Harry Kane and Alli.

Tottenham hope to bring in funds by off-loading Alderweireld, Danny Rose, Mousa Dembele, Llorente and Sissoko.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...bled-100m-war-chest-summer.html#ixzz5FZ30q5bo

Streets is talking. Fred has been offered a contract at Utd.

Whenever I say “streets is talking” it’s credible.

DdKKRjKXcAA1JSK.jpg

Looks like Ronaldo saying, ahhh you dress like a girl, you like trannies too???

Veria feels disrespected by arsenal. I do question how a man with no experience gets in over someone with experience and is a fan favourite

'Mario is an Italian player, we'll definitely talk...' New Italy boss Roberto Mancini insists he will consider bringing back Balotelli

With Mancini now Italy's national boss, we may see the two reunited for better...

Manchester-Citys-Mario-Ba-005.jpg

Or worse!

1357247912_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

Veria feels disrespected by arsenal. I do question how a man with no experience gets in over someone with experience and is a fan favourite

I agree but this is Arsenal in its current state. The board either know something we don't or they believe that Arteta will maintain the status quo.

I assume about three years. Win the PL or EL and people will be stunned.

I'm only asking for improved defense, some mental toughness and 4th place. That's not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back