Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1526227590023_lc_galleryImage_image001_png.JPG

Couple of observations:

City did the 100!
City goal difference is more than their nearest two rivals (United & Spurs) combined
Good season for Everton, Newcastle, Palace and West Ham, all things considered
I like Puel...Leicester needs to stick with him (unlikely) and build once Mahrez (likely) bounces in the Summer

I see this and think to myself, 12 points dropped to the promoted teams and West Brom. We still would have been 2nd but it juat would have looked so much better

I cant see City being caught next season either, I feel like theres some kinda internal problems at United, between players and staff, we need to sort that schitt out (without getting rid our top players) and also start giving our players abit more freedom to express themselves on the pitch, otherwise all the top players, Neymar for example, are not gonna wanna play for us knowing they are gonna be restricted...

Arsenal has a potentially a really good team a couple starters and some bench players could do wonders for them.

As for Chelsea we really need to invest i fear the stadium plans will stop that from happening

City won't win the league next year.

Bust the first shot.

Statistically speaking, that's not a difficult statement to make. You would have to go 10 years back to see a team retain their title

17/18: City
16/17: Chelsea
15/16: Leicester
14/15: Chelsea
13/14: City
12/13: United
11/12: City
10/11: United
09/10: Chelsea
08/09: United
07/08: United

06/07: United
05/06: Chelsea
04/05: Chelsea
03/04: Arsenal

So in the last 15 years, there's only been 5 different winners: Chelsea (5), United (5), City (3), Leicester (1), Arsenal (1).

Interestingly enough over the same period, La Liga has had 4 different winners (although still largely a duopoly between Barca/Real), Serie A has had 3 different winners (but when they win, they back to back to back to back...in dominating), Bundesliga has had 5 different winners (monopoly though with Bayern winning 10 out of 15), Ligue 1 has had 7 different winners (the period before PSG's ascendancy had 4 different winners consecutively in between Lyon's 7 back to back wins) and Eredivisie has had 5 different winners (PSV taking 7 and Ajax 5 titles).

Last fun fact, for the last 33 seasons (1985/86 season), the Scottish Football League Premier Division/Premier League/Premiership has only been won by Rangers (17) and Celtic (16)! The longest consecutive run being Rangers winning 9 times consecutively (Celtic are currently on a run of 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back