Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm checking out this fuckery....

giphy.gif

Statistically speaking, that's not a difficult statement to make. You would have to go 10 years back to see a team retain their title

17/18: City
16/17: Chelsea
15/16: Leicester
14/15: Chelsea
13/14: City
12/13: United
11/12: City
10/11: United
09/10: Chelsea
08/09: United
07/08: United

06/07: United
05/06: Chelsea
04/05: Chelsea
03/04: Arsenal

So in the last 15 years, there's only been 5 different winners: Chelsea (5), United (5), City (3), Leicester (1), Arsenal (1).

Interestingly enough over the same period, La Liga has had 4 different winners (although still largely a duopoly between Barca/Real), Serie A has had 3 different winners (but when they win, they back to back to back to back...in dominating), Bundesliga has had 5 different winners (monopoly though with Bayern winning 10 out of 15), Ligue 1 has had 7 different winners (the period before PSG's ascendancy had 4 different winners consecutively in between Lyon's 7 back to back wins) and Eredivisie has had 5 different winners (PSV taking 7 and Ajax 5 titles).

Last fun fact, for the last 33 seasons (1985/86 season), the Scottish Football League Premier Division/Premier League/Premiership has only been won by Rangers (17) and Celtic (16)! The longest consecutive run being Rangers winning 9 times consecutively (Celtic are currently on a run of 7)

I'm just saying that I got man United winning the league again. Liverpool to challenge to them. Arsenal back in the top 4 in fourth.

Tactics wise, i am all for Sarri. I just dont know much about the personality and man management.

Maybe the Serie A guys (@figo @agggf) can school us.

Like Pep, he can be quite creative regarding where he positions his players. Made Mertens a lethal striker and he kept the team together - loads of players could have made transfers - with as goal to win the scudetto.

On tbe surface it looks like hes a great tactician and peoples manager, which is a rare combo...

Manager I would like to see with a big team where he can get the players and resources is the Mexico manager. That dude has a lot of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back