Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you lose to City on Thursday, you'll be 30 points behind them with 10 games to go.....that's scary regression for Arsenal!

Anyway lol @ the bellerin hate....shoulda never talked that talk about AFTV fans

Last edited:
the truth is evident, Arsenal aren't a "big club" in the context of winning the league and champions league

I think they'll be a top 6 team in the league for many seasons to come due to historical consistency (which is better than Chelsea or Liverpool) and they'll give good cup runs here and there, but other than that..... they are the benchmark for the rest of the league teams that have aspirations of being considered a top team.

The Evertons, Leicesters, Burnleys, Watfords etc are looking at Arsenal as the low bearing fruit of England's elite

the truth is evident, Arsenal aren't a "big club" in the context of winning the league and champions league

I think they'll be a top 6 team in the league for many seasons to come due to historical consistency (which is better than Chelsea or Liverpool) and they'll give good cup runs here and there, but other than that..... they are the benchmark for the rest of the league teams that have aspirations of being considered a top team.

The Evertons, Leicesters, Burnleys, Watfords etc are looking at Arsenal as the low bearing fruit of England's elite

Everton should be right behind arsenal or at least challenging for 5th or 6th. Those other clubs will be midtable status forever.

Lingard keeps improving. Heading wasn't something associated with his game since he became a regular but he now scoring them he scored an amazing one against Swansea i think it was and now again

His emergence reminds me of Lampard's at Chelsea in 2003 when Lamps was 25 same age as Lingard is now like Lampard Lingard is going to go on to be a ruthless finisher not saying he will get exactly the same number as goals as him but Lingard now is gonna go on to be a 20 goal season player too

There is not a department Lingard is not great at now that he is scoring headers

Neymar is so dramatic, it did not look that bad for tears to appear....

Sometimes the ones that dont look that bad are the real nasty injuries...

BUT he is prolly being a bitch and its not that bad, makes you wonder how he played street football in Brazil...

Prolly best he doesnt come to the EPL, he would be flying all over the place...

Sometimes the ones that dont look that bad are the real nasty injuries...

BUT he is prolly being a bitch and its not that bad, makes you wonder how he played street football in Brazil...

Prolly best he doesnt come to the EPL, he would be flying all over the place...

"Pardon me but I had to laugh at that..."

tenor.gif

If we get lewandoski does that mean no more Morata?

Hmmm not necessarily. Lewandoski is 29 going 30 so Morata may need to revert to what he knows best, which is being a bench-warmer.

TBH I don't think Morata is quite ready for the mantle of being "that guy" in a big team. He lets players bully him too often off the ball and his mentality is quite weak. For example people talk about how weak Mustafi was in the challenge with Aguero for the first goal in Caraboa cup final, but the difference between Morata and Mustafi is that when the defender does it, it becomes a mistake that leads to a goal!

I'm sure he has the capabilities one day, but that leadership and responsibility which Costa had for Chelsea, Kane has for Spurs, Henry had for Arsenal......he just needs time and the man tha fuck up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back