Welcome To aBlackWeb

dont see what’s so hard to understand about this lol

The first is clearly a better movie, to me, conceptually and in totality. But when I feel nostalgic and wanna see some Matrix shit on YouTube I’m more likely to pull from reloaded.
I understand what you’re saying and I agree. Part 1 is objectively the better movie, but I enjoy watching part 2 more for the crazy action sequences.

PRAISE : It was fun to be immersed in the world of the Matrix Again. This time the story revolves around Mr. Anderson, aka Neo, will have to choose to follow the white rabbit once more. If he's learned anything, it's that choice, while an illusion, is still the only way out of -- or into -- the Matrix.
It was also fun to see "some" of the old cast again including Keanu Reeves as Neo and Carrie-Anne Moss as Trinity.
I was also impressed with Jada Pinkett Smith's altered role as Nobe
The new cast members Jessica Henwick as Bugs,Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Morpheus,Priyanka Chopra Jonas as the grown-up version of Sati,and Erendira Ibarra as Lexy
thankfully attack their roles with great enthusiasm.
I was glad that most of the questions I had were answered and fortunately the questions by certain characters were answered too.I also got a couple of things I would have liked to have seen in The Matrix Revolutions.
The great question of free will runs through out the film.I appreciated the new things they tried and some of the changes in the Matrix world.
The SFX and cinematography are nearly flawless and it was especially great when watching it in HDR.

PROBLEMS: There is a lack of originality in the script. Even a laziness in the writing when I felt like I was watching a refresher course of the first 3 Matrix films.They hold off on the convlusion until almost the end and when they got into it i kept putting my head down
wishing it would end.So funny how one character who started off cool became obnoxious at the end .
If they make another Matrix film I have a bad feeling that it may be lost in the land of repetitiveness. There was an added SFX in some of the fight scenes that was annoying.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

I'm hearing people say this movie is an allegory about being trans? Respectfully, what the fuck? Can someone confirm or deny?

FatalGreenFallowdeer-size_restricted.gif
You can say that about some parts in the first trilogy too. I can’t remember which exactly but I got a friend who’s a film guy and he pointed a few parts out.

You can say that about some parts in the first trilogy too. I can’t remember which exactly but I got a friend who’s a film guy and he pointed a few parts out.
Yea the whole series is a trans allegory. The fight in the subway in the first one was based on Lana Wachowski trying to kill herself by throwing herself in front of a train. Also Smith constantly calling him Mr. Anderson instead of what he wants to be called, Neo

They almost made Jessica henwick unattractive there for me which I will never forgive them for. After I had a few drinks i came to the conclusion that I would still smash "bugs" or whatever tf her name was.

Yea the whole series is a trans allegory. The fight in the subway in the first one was based on Lana Wachowski trying to kill herself by throwing herself in front of a train. Also Smith constantly calling him Mr. Anderson instead of what he wants to be called, Neo

Yeah the whole "Mister Anderson" was meant to be triggering (the way a transwoman still gets referred to by masculine identity), hence the "my name is neo" part in the train station

Also the character "switch" in the first matrix was meant to be a man in the real world hence the name switch, but that was too progressive and really "out there" on the trans allegory for studio execs to cosign that part

matrix-not-like-this.gif

Back