Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney won’t allow it. Shit gonna be for the kids
Which is weird as hell to think about it because the "heroes" go around murdering people like it's nothing. At least in the prequels it was mostly robots getting clapped. The entire saga is filled with straight up murder, genocide, war, slavery, eugenics, decapitation, terrorism, suicide. We watched Anakin get cooked at 350 degrees for 45mins on Mustafar.

Yet, I still can't even get a current gen SW game with a little decapitation or limb amputation sprinkled in, smh.

Which is weird as hell to think about it because the "heroes" go around murdering people like it's nothing. At least in the prequels it was mostly robots getting clapped. The entire saga is filled with straight up murder, genocide, war, slavery, eugenics, decapitation, terrorism, suicide. We watched Anakin get cooked at 350 degrees for 45mins on Mustafar.

Yet, I still can't even get a current gen SW game with a little decapitation or limb amputation sprinkled in, smh.
Shit stupid. I can slice up animals, but not people in Jedi Fallen Order.

Just finished episodes 1-7.

Great series. I can see how it can get frustrating watching them on a week by week basis...seeing them all at once you pick up on a lot of shit thats revisited.

Episode 4 was probably the worst but necessary to show how much of a power the empire was and still is. Episodes 1-3 and 7 were the ones where the big shit went down...finale should be solid.

Disney won’t allow it. Shit gonna be for the kids

i mean Disney+ is literally supposed to be PG content only, thats why stuff like Sons of Anarchy is on Hulu

Star Wars was always for the kids and niggas is delusional if they think otherwise

that said Mandalorian is easily the most violent we've seen live action Star Wars get. Shit we barely saw a drop of blood in Original Trilogy, Mando out here shanking niggas and slowly cauterizing wounds and he roasted that one unlucky stormtrooper with the flamethrower until you heard his armor crackling and melting into his flesh n shit. They've made a legit effort to make this more violent and ruthless than the movies.

I liked episode 4, soon as I saw we were getting a mini Seven Samurai i was down and I was a fan of Gina Carano's work in Haywire. Her scene in the bar explaining how she quit when the New Republic switched from killing imperials to becoming cops was some real shit and did more worldbuilding for the new canon's post-ROTJ galaxy than anything in the sequel trilogy

Episode 5 was the weakest to me, Jake Cannavale was annoying and the most non-threatening villain this side of the Indian dude from Venom.

A show could do A LOT WORSE for "bad episodes" like this tho.....George Lucas wanted to put a Star Wars live action show on TV for 40 years.....this has been event television for me every Friday and they haven't disappointed. The lady who directed Episode 3, Deborah Chow, is apparently going to be directing the Obi-Wan series.

Last edited:
cfd6987dccf920b977516730ec35072d59463f8b.gifv

07e8a22be202a74ebf9b945119da8e2950c1bbd3.gifv

0800f5b2099b6c2738d12d41c1db8d018618dcef.gifv

04274bdd9df5c372c58b9ddca2f1ae734cfb40cc.gifv

"Cute" Is Not A Word I Use Often

But This Thing Definitely Fits The Description

i mean Disney+ is literally supposed to be PG content only, thats why stuff like Sons of Anarchy is on Hulu

Star Wars was always for the kids and niggas is delusional if they think otherwise

that said Mandalorian is easily the most violent we've seen live action Star Wars get. Shit we barely saw a drop of blood in Original Trilogy, Mando out here shanking niggas and slowly cauterizing wounds and he roasted that one unlucky stormtrooper with the flamethrower until you heard his armor crackling and melting into his flesh n shit. They've made a legit effort to make this more violent and ruthless than the movies.

I liked episode 4, soon as I saw we were getting a mini Seven Samurai i was down and I was a fan of Gina Carano's work in Haywire. Her scene in the bar explaining how she quit when the New Republic switched from killing imperials to becoming cops was some real shit and did more worldbuilding for the new canon's post-ROTJ galaxy than anything in the sequel trilogy

Episode 5 was the weakest to me, Jake Cannavale was annoying and the most non-threatening villain this side of the Indian dude from Venom.

A show could do A LOT WORSE for "bad episodes" like this tho.....George Lucas wanted to put a Star Wars live action show on TV for 40 years.....this has been event television for me every Friday and they haven't disappointed. The lady who directed Episode 3, Deborah Chow, is apparently going to be directing the Obi-Wan series.

I feel like you can pick this show up at any episode and not need any context. Every episode feels stand alone, it’s like watching a live action cartoon

Star Wars can be a lot better if they get a little more serious

Y’all have unfair expectations for a Star Wars show in its FIRST season on an entirely new service lol

Stop saying it’s wack or it could be better when it’s really you want certain things out of it

This is a decent show that’s only gonna get better

Again it’s the first season when there could be 3 more with 10+ eps with longer run times

shut up and just enjoy this shit lol

Y’all have unfair expectations for a Star Wars show in its FIRST season on an entirely new service lol

Stop saying it’s wack or it could be better when it’s really you want certain things out of it

Again it’s the first season when there could be 3 more with 10+ eps with longer run times

Your standards are low. These niggas know all they got to do is add baby Chewy to the series and they’re promised a 3rd season.

Bottom line this show has no depth, substance, suspense, character development, interesting villains, interesting secondary characters, or story. Y’all hyped off Star Wars, there’s nothing to this show but we’ll known flunkies doing all the shit they weren’t capable of in 10 movies

Just watched the finale....

And I gotta say it was pretty damn good... Way more action than any other episode. And it was paced perfectly

I'll wait to discuss plot points and next season.... But if all goes accordingly, it really does make you wonder

Finale was dope.

So is Mando off to find baby Yoda's species or the Jedi?
Honestly

I don't think they every find Jedi or his species. He spends out his life training baby Yoda in the ways of Mandalorian... And I'm guessing by the beginning of season 2 Mando is an old man and baby Yoda is like 8-9 ish.... And in the finale he makes him his own Mandalorian mask that he never takes off for like the next 700-800 years or so....

They clarified it's a Creed not a race....

This Disney bruh.

We expect greatness from this company

Refute this review, it’s spot on.

I just finished episode 5 and I gotta tell ya, I cannot believe the positive feedback this show is getting. Perhaps I'm just overwhelmed with disappointment about what this thing turned out to be.
This is a "Saturday morning special" kind of show. It's like I'm watching the Lone Ranger or some weekly episode of a cartoon. It's "Spaghetti Star Wars". It is designed for kids, and perhaps the parents who grew up watching Star Wars and seek that nostalgia. It's filled with "cool action poses", montages, and quick resolutions to conflicts.

The show has a weird way of giving you character development information without any substance to it. There is nothing dark or edgy about this bounty hunter (even though they suggest there is something). They make him pause before doing the right thing, and that pause is supposed to indicate his cold nature. But ultimately, he doesn't do anything cold. It's as if we missed a whole season where he was an anti-hero that went through this redeeming character arc. But all we get is a hero trying to look edgy, and it's honestly kind of cringe worthy.

Every problem Mando runs into is immediately solved. They're not road blocks, they are hurdles. We jump over one to be met with another hurdle that is simply solved yet again. It's like I'm watching Dora the Explorer figure out how to open her bag, and then try and find her map, and then try and see the path she must take. Conflicts are being presented with a swift and simple solution.
Here's an example with a ***SPOILER from Ep 1: Mando had to learn how to ride a blurrg in order to cross the desert. He tries once and fails. He says "screw this" and walks away. The old man easily talks him into giving it another try. Mando tries again with a slow approach. It works and now he's a pro***

Every conflict is solved in this fashion. Here's another example with a ***SPOILER from Ep 5: Mando is engaged in a spaceship dog fight. He comes out victorious, but his ship took damage to both engines. After the battle, his ship loses power and turns off. Mando stands up and walks behind his pilot seat for only a moment. He returns to his seat and the ship powers back up. Then he flies to the nearest planet.**** This entire scene took about 3 minutes. Every episode is littered with hurdles like this that climb to the main climax of the episode.

I was hoping for a darker, edgier style hero that could surprise me. I mean c'mon, he's a Mandalorian! Maybe a streak of selfishness before we see him turn into a hero. Maybe character arcs and conflict resolutions that span longer than a single 30 minute episode. If you take away the Star Wars logo, this wouldn't come close to stacking up with the quality of the subscriber exclusive series that we get nowadays.

Ask any Star Wars fan, "what order should I watch these movies". I bet most of them would say to start with the oldest and go to the newest, the same way we all watched them. It's a bummer that this is what we got, and the universe hasn't matured with the fan base. I'm not asking for an R-rating, just more mature.
630 people found this helpful.

Back