Welcome To aBlackWeb

I really liked it. Looks visually stunning. I'm gonna have to rewatch this when I get my new tv. I didn't read the books but I've seen the movies. Someone that I know who read them likes the show so far
He told me it's actually not accurate to the books so he's just going to enjoy it as a nice sci-fi show. I didn't know the Harfoots were made up. He said the elf is the one from lord of the rings and that made that change

He said the complaints about being more accurate aren't a requirement as long as the show has humans getting the 9 rings, dwarfs getting 7 that were made by Sauron, and the elfs creating 3 rings using the technique of Sauron and that all rings are connected to the one ring

I didn't read them so I'm just enjoying the show. I am surprised that with the budget they were given that they weren't told to stay more accurate though

He told me it's actually not accurate to the books so he's just going to enjoy it as a nice sci-fi show. I didn't know the Harfoots were made up. He said the elf is the one from lord of the rings and that made that change

He said the complaints about being more accurate aren't a requirement as long as the show has humans getting the 9 rings, dwarfs getting 7 that were made by Sauron, and the elfs creating 3 rings using the technique of Sauron and that all rings are connected to the one ring

I didn't read them so I'm just enjoying the show. I am surprised that with the budget they were given that they weren't told to stay more accurate though

There one of 3 types of Hobbits. The films never did a deep dive on the so its assumed they they all hobbits were the same. Same with the dwarves, they never talked about the different types

There one of 3 types of Hobbits. The films never did a deep dive on the so its assumed they they all hobbits were the same. Same with the dwarves, they never talked about the different types
I was going by family that said he read the 5 books. Told me they didn't exist in this time zone

Ok I get you
I wasn't sure what he meant by they made the change that Galadriel from lord of the rings it the young elf in this. I didn't ask for specifics but I'm guessing she's not supposed to be her

I've seen people complain about the cgi and I don't get that. Looks amazing. The ears look well done too

I wasn't sure what he meant by they made the change that Galadriel from lord of the rings it the young elf in this. I didn't ask for specifics but I'm guessing she's not supposed to be her

I've seen people complain about the cgi and I don't get that. Looks amazing. The ears look well done too
I think sometimes with shows, you have to create long lasting characters, even if they break from source material

I always looked at things like this as an alternate take. Its ok by me

And the visuals are amazing

This show is more for casuals than for those who read tolkens books. Like I said before I don't know anything about LOTR lore outside of the 6 films so I have no problem with this show. I heard a lot of changes were made because the creator of the show does t have a lot of rights to LOTR properties unlike Peter Jackson and Warner.

I’m a big fan of the books and Peter Jackson also took more than enough liberties with his films - especially the Hobbit, Legolas wasn’t even in the book for example - but I’m loving this show so far …

History repeats, the purists/haters were hating back in ‘02 and ‘12 and again now in ‘22 lol

I think sometimes with shows, you have to create long lasting characters, even if they break from source material

I always looked at things like this as an alternate take. Its ok by me

And the visuals are amazing
They are using Dolby Vision but the show visuals itself are close to movie quality for a streaming service

I knew the nigga elves/dwarfs would trigger the crybabies. Same with Angrboda being black in GOW Ragnarok

That's a goofy argument because those things have always been pointed out

If this show casuals then that must be me, I know nothing of the books or Tolkien universe outside of the hobbit movies and lotr.

I’m 100% entertained

Back