Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Joe Budden Podcast

I think it goes back to when Joe was negotiating with Spotify and eventually left. CTG and Andrew Shultz started questioning if Joe does good business or knows how to do business. They questioned whether he was worth what he was reportedly asking Spotify for.

Joe shitted on Shultz and left that alone. But he and CTG at it every since. He said CTG shouldn't be trying to shit on a black podcaster trying to move the culture forward. That had he got the deal he was asking for that it would ultimately help all black podcasters

It also didn't help that when the shit with Mal and Rory popped off a couple years ago that clip of Charlamagne on the show when it was still I'll Name This Pod Later resurfaced with CTG predicting exactly how their breakup would happen over suspect business dealings. That going viral again and the subtle shots brought it back up again. Joe and Mal were on a "The Breakfast Club hasn't mattered" kick but Joe really been throwing shots since then

It also didn't help that when the shit with Mal and Rory popped off a couple years ago that clip of Charlamagne on the show when it was still I'll Name This Pod Later resurfaced with CTG predicting exactly how their breakup would happen over suspect business dealings. That going viral again and the subtle shots brought it back up again. Joe and Mal were on a "The Breakfast Club hasn't mattered" kick but Joe really been throwing shots since then
I think Mal was on that tip more than Joe. Still happened on Joe platform tho so I get it.

I think Mal was on that tip more than Joe. Still happened on Joe platform tho so I get it.
Nah, Joe definitely insinuated Charlamagne was in that mix regarding the court leaks w/ Cyn, dogs and all that shit. He may not have put certain specifics on Charlamagne but that entire transition period with them leaving Spotify he was killing Spotify and Charlamagne at the same time.

Nah, Joe definitely insinuated Charlamagne was in that mix regarding the court leaks w/ Cyn, dogs and all that shit. He may not have put certain specifics on Charlamagne but that entire transition period with them leaving Spotify he was killing Spotify and Charlamagne at the same time.
Absolutely, I was talking about something else in that quote tho

I thought they were done doing the petty back and forth?

I kinda understand Joe's reasoning for bringing it up....but we're they(or specifically CTG) really shooting at Joe on the pod?

Why was Joe going in on the EYL guys like that? They ain’t bothering nobody, lol. Joe just hates anybody that don’t have issues I guess.

Why was Joe going in on the EYL guys like that? They ain’t bothering nobody, lol. Joe just hates anybody that don’t have issues I guess.
Didnt see episode but eyl has a history of platforming alot of scammers who take from the black community. They never address the fuck ups but they’ll just take the episodes down with those controversial figures.

They cool but play middle men to alot of bs lol.

Didnt see episode but eyl has a history of platforming alot of scammers who take from the black community. They never address the fuck ups but they’ll just take the episodes down with those controversial figures.

They cool but play middle men to alot of bs lol.
wasn't they on he pod?I'm not too familiar with them other than they talk about money/finances

I think there was a method to the madness.

The EYL dudes are great for the culture but they can be boring af at times. Instead of having them do an hr and a half lecture about financial literacy that you can see in any of their other interviews, joe wanted to pod.

Back