Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Game Room (Random Discussion)

I never been the type of gamer to take a day off from work or skip school just to play a video game. The game will still be there when you get home, those stats don’t matter, and I need money. Some people used to do that, I’m sure some still do it today.

I remember 10+ years ago during the Xbox 360/ PS3 era I wanted a fight stick since I like playing lots of fighting games. Then I realized it would be a super waste of money. I’m not gaming for 8- 9 hours a day, I don’t sit and practice knowing every frame move, I’m not going to any tournaments, I’m not going to make any money from this, it’s not worth it. Most arcade sticks cost $200+, and I rather just get a new console.

The only dumb video game shit I did was when I was 19 and had the red ring of death on my 360. I shipped my shit off to Microsoft and had to wait 4 to 6 weeks, maybe longer for the refurbished 360. I went out and bought a Nintendo DS and two video games because I wanted to play something. I beat those two games in 2 weeks and traded it all in and got a psp and 2 other games. I beat those 2 games in about 3 weeks and kept Tekken until my console came in. Once my 360 came in I traded all the psp stuff. I look back at that like, wow I really wanted to play a game TO DAMN MUCH.

Right now I ain’t playing anything since mid December, it was blasphemous 2. Usually I play a lot of games during the winter, but this year I just want to get more important stuff cleared first. Maybe I’ll come back to gaming later this year

PC arcade sticks build using actual arcade hardware cost less than $100. I got mine for $50. Replaced the knob on it to further replicate the arcade experience for something like $10.

20220807_203014.jpg

This true when it comes to me

I don’t even play games multiplayer anymore

Anything multiplayer is going to be a shooter and there’s no shooters I want to play anymore and I promise I’m not playing a fighting game online

It’s over for that

Now it’s just me and a game for 30 hrs

I don’t even play games multiplayer anymore

Anything multiplayer is going to be a shooter and there’s no shooters I want to play anymore and I promise I’m not playing a fighting game online

It’s over for that

Now it’s just me and a game for 30 hrs
Every once in while I'll hop online and play street fighter. I don't mess with the shooter games.

Every once in while I'll hop online and play street fighter. I don't mess with the shooter games.

This is crazy to me. There's still active Quake/Quakeworld servers out there. PC cats still playing Unreal Tournament and shit to the point where a new master server was stood up when Epic finally shut theirs down last year. PC cats been playing online since the mid 90's with no sign of slowing down. Gotta wonder what's so different about us playing online vs y'all console cats.

Back