Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dope

I'm starting my M.Sc. in Experimental Psychology in a couple of weeks. I completed my undergrad in 2020; I'm somewhat nervous as I haven't taken a course in a minute.

Best of luck.

@Alle'Oop yall know anything about industrial or organizational psychology? I have been considering getting my masters in one of those areas. Apart of me doesn't like how "they" just slap psychology onto anything and make a whole thing out of it. But yes psych stuff is super fun and interesting.

@Alle'Oop yall know anything about industrial or organizational psychology? I have been considering getting my masters in one of those areas. Apart of me doesn't like how "they" just slap psychology onto anything and make a whole thing out of it. But yes psych stuff is super fun and interesting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is I/O essentially studying psychology/human behavior to optimize workplace productivity and behavior? I was a business major prior to switching to psychology, and I think I/O would just be a return to business, of which I'm not in favor. It's probably one of the best branches of psychology for finding work, as you can find some both in business and academia. I'm more into cognitive psychology and conducting research, thus experimental was the only stream for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is I/O essentially studying psychology/human behavior to optimize workplace productivity and behavior? I was a business major prior to switching to psychology, and I think I/O would just be a return to business, of which I'm not in favor. It's probably one of the best branches of psychology for finding work, as you can find some both in business and academia. I'm more into cognitive psychology and research, thus experimental was the only stream for me.
Your exactly right. I work in Talent management and Organizational Development so that's why I am looking into it. But definitely agree with all you said. Whats your end goal or what type of job do you want?

That’s like..those type of degrees lead to the people that create or break down the mind state of the average individuals that work in a field..like, think of an oil rig worker..what’s the type of worker, what’s their breaking point, and shit like that..to me , I don’t like shit like that because it’s used in a predatory way. It’s not meant to be that way but those careers are used in that manner.

It’s like people that get into HR, don’t get into HR to be the company’s own CYA button, but that’s what they end up being. I’m just here so you don’t get fined, I’m just here so you don’t get sued, and when you do..ima help you tear down someone that deserves every penny they’re suing you for.

I think those types of careers are counter to what type of person goes to college to work in psych style careers. You do it because you want to help, but u end up hurting way more than you hurt, and if you’re altruistic…eventually it’s gonna get to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back