Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my main problem with it. I don't have an issue with him going to a PWI if it was a better career opportunity for him. I just feel like he should have done it in a way that wouldn't have torpedoed what he built at JSU. That might have meant having to sacrifice whatever offers came his way this year as he prepped the team to move forward without him.
Im hearing from “sources” its mainly because JSU administrators didnt want to take the next steps to play against d1 comp when given the opportunity and Deion was like man enough of this bs.

I mean Jackson state can hire another coach to further their program. Deion ain't the only high profile hire of color.

lol People of Deion's stature are not a dime a dozen man, and most of them aren't trying to go to HBCUs. Again, that's the whole reason why Deion going to JSU was seen as monumental at the time.

Im hearing from “sources” its mainly because JSU administrators didnt want to take the next steps to play against d1 comp when given the opportunity and Deion was like man enough of this bs.

That makes some sense. Still, that's not the athlete's fault. He could have done better by them simply by giving a year or two more to make a smooth exit.

So busy criticizing what another black person is or is not doing....hmm?

Man, if only that energy was applied to oneself or a local cause for black people. Since yall so passionate about others career choices.

That man did what he said and no other notable black football players are coming together. They all go co-host talk shows or some shit after they finish playing.

hot-cheetos-eating.gif

Last edited:
So relying on ONE person to help elevate a school and all of HBCU is the plan I see. Gotcha
Niggas thought he was the Messiah like all the other hbcu’s wasnt still eating top ramen while snoop and all these high profile celebrities was “here i come, here i go’” all around JSU only. It was great publicity but it didn’t elevate hbcu as a whole, just one school and it became big fish in a small pond.

Niggas forgot he was robbed during his first game lmao jsu was the pits. Be thankful of the contribution and build off it. They went like 2 years undefeated or some shit.

Last comment Deion Sanders.

The criticism about Deion Sanders leaving JSU isn't about Deion Sanders. He's just a visible example.

This is about Black institutions, Black Americans and trust.

What makes societies function and prosperous are powerful institutions.

What makes institutions powerful is that the people they serve can trust them.

All of Western society built off strict institutional trust. If an institution promises you something they are obligated to keep it. Even shit that can't be enforced by law, when that promise is broken, people get upset, people revolt and the institution has to address it.

The reason why Black Americans built their own institutions is because we couldn't trust White ones.

Now we can't trust Black institutions because they wanna behave like White ones. Institutional leaders wanna do all the shady, duplicitous shit that White leaders do and then throw it in your face that White people do it too when you get upset.

From them weird ass Black Lives Matter motherfuckers to Deion Sanders. Black institutional leaders lying to Black people to they face and then acting like they didn't just betray the trust of Black people. Like they didn't make public promises on the behalf of the institution they represent. Even worse we had Black folk defending them.

If your institutions are untrustworthy, you can't have a viable culture and support a people.

lol People of Deion's stature are not a dime a dozen man, and most of them aren't trying to go to HBCUs. Again, that's the whole reason why Deion going to JSU was seen as monumental at the time.

That makes some sense. Still, that's not the athlete's fault. He could have done better by them simply by giving a year or two more to make a smooth exit.
Actually they are a dime a dozen. Black coaches aren't getting hired in the Pros or the SEC.

HBCUs could and should be filling that gap in a more meaningful way.

So relying on ONE person to help elevate a school and all of HBCU is the plan I see. Gotcha

It's not relying on ONE person. It's about ALL of US not breaking away and seeing that plan to completion.

Let's call it what it is tho. He needed to use an hbcu as a vehicle to get under the scope him of the bigger (whiter) schools to give him shot.

Transferred everything to the new computer and completely forgot I had torrents I wasn't using anymore. When I started up my client it started redownloading everything I've ever had. Was able to stop them from redownloading but damn that would have fucked up a few accounts lol

Anybody on here saying they wouldn't take a $29 Million deal over a 1Million...is lying 🙄.

Only issue is him going to those kids homes recruiting them telling them he's going to be their coach and then bolting. Luckily he made his intentions known before they signed to commit to the school

I kinda get a chuckle out of White America and the mainstream political establishment calling Hitler evil and how irredeemable he his because of his racism and genocidal instincts

Andrew Jackson is on money. And Andrew Jackson attempted to exterminate Native Americans and wanted slavery forever.

But then White people will tell you that was a long time ago and that times are different...

And I'm like, the life and actions of Andrew Jackson has impacted the lives of Native Americans and Black Americans into present and there are cities named after him.

America has had several genocidal and racist political leaders that we celebrate. Only reason why they aren't seen as prime evil is because there isn't any archival footage of the shit.

America can't hold Andrew Jackson in reverence and then be appalled by someone holding Hitler in reverence.

They wanted the same shit. They are the same person. Only difference is Andrew Jackson was successful.

Last comment Deion Sanders.

The criticism about Deion Sanders leaving JSU isn't about Deion Sanders. He's just a visible example.

This is about Black institutions, Black Americans and trust.

What makes societies function and prosperous are powerful institutions.

What makes institutions powerful is that the people they serve can trust them.

All of Western society built off strict institutional trust. If an institution promises you something they are obligated to keep it. Even shit that can't be enforced by law, when that promise is broken, people get upset, people revolt and the institution has to address it.

The reason why Black Americans built their own institutions is because we couldn't trust White ones.

Now we can't trust Black institutions because they wanna behave like White ones. Institutional leaders wanna do all the shady, duplicitous shit that White leaders do and then throw it in your face that White people do it too when you get upset.

From them weird ass Black Lives Matter motherfuckers to Deion Sanders. Black institutional leaders lying to Black people to they face and then acting like they didn't just betray the trust of Black people. Like they didn't make public promises on the behalf of the institution they represent. Even worse we had Black folk defending them.

If your institutions are untrustworthy, you can't have a viable culture and support a people.

Okay but the success of HBCU's was the "Collective" of blacks wanting an education and having no other options in the late 1800s/early 1900s.

The Morrill land Grant's were a reason whites schools were and still are doing better financially. The government funded alot of colleges and universities.

The mindset of blacks back then was that education was a way to "freedom". That mindset has shifted. The Black college kids of today are not the same. They didn't need a awesome football team, a palace for a campus...etc etc. They just wanted "freedom" aka education because that's what was valued then. Many kids go to a trade school now or don't even go.

Actually they are a dime a dozen. Black coaches aren't getting hired in the Pros or the SEC.

HBCUs could and should be filling that gap in a more meaningful way.

Deion isn't just a black coach though. He has name recognition that would bring players to a school even without knowing anything about his coaching ability. You can't say that about just any black dude trying to coach football in college.

It's not relying on ONE person. It's about ALL of US not breaking away and seeing that plan to completion.

Let's call it what it is tho. He needed to use an hbcu as a vehicle to get under the scope him of the bigger (whiter) schools to give him shot.

Lemme spoiler this due to length just in case.

*scratches head*

Wait...so what is "completion"? What does that look like? And how long do you think that takes?

Cuz let's see...

Turned JSU into dominant football program during his tenure...check

Back to back SWAC titles...check

Undefeated season along wit a winning record last season...check

Back to back Bowl appearances...check

Brought national attention to JSU and HBCU...check

Oh and JSU has the highest graduation rate in the SWAC. Which ties Ole Miss and Mississippi State.

Am I missing something? Lol!

And the hope is that he left JSU in the hands of someone he feels can carry on what he started. Essentially leaving them and other HBCU's the blueprint. Passing the baton to the next coach like a relay race mayne...
VFwqlu33Ob5ELrRXiw.gif

My main concern is for US to get more head coaching opportunities at these power 5 schools. I mean...isn't that something US black folks been tryin? Or should black coaches only relegate themselves to strictly HBCU's? Why can't we do both??

In the history of the SEC....there's only been FIVE black headcoaches. None currently as we speak. Imo...that's the bigger picture for me, and something that requires more attention as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back