Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me how dumb people are. Like she really really thought she was making a point with that statement.
I felt it was unnecessarily divisive. She made it seem like everyone knew about afro mexicans but us. But i'm willing to bet 2 things, most people dont know that fact and those same afro mexicans just see themselves as mexicans and not afro-mexicans.

I'd like to add something else. The more i research online about the word, I'm starting to see the meaning might change on the country. So the safest bet is to just use context clues for when someone uses the word. Pretty obvious when its used as a derogatory term

I felt it was unnecessarily divisive. She made it seem like everyone knew about afro mexicans but us. But i'm willing to bet 2 things, most people dont know that fact and those same afro mexicans just see themselves as mexicans and not afro-mexicans.

I'd like to add something else. The more i research online about the word, I'm starting to see the meaning might change on the country. So the safest bet is to just use context clues for when someone uses the word. Pretty obvious when its used as a derogatory term

It's my understanding that most Afro-Mexicans are located in one particular region, so if you visit the country anywhere else, you're probably more likely to see a Black person from the U.S. than from Mexico. There was no reason for her to carry it like that. If she wanted to use it as a moment to highlight Afro Mexicans, she could have done that without being a condescending asshole.

I was gunna edit to post some of her replies to twitter, but you asked this before so i'll add it here

My understanding is its a derogatory word Nigerians use for African Americans. But to me seems like she is used to mainly talking to other Nigerians about AA's & when she got caught shes doing a hasty backpedal and trying to clean it up.

She stopped replying but someone posted this video on the word, and it goes along with the google searches on what it means.

I just had to laugh at this reach tho. Since "Yankee" isnt reserved for African Americans. Its really for anyone whos American

the part that’s the most goofy is she act like people in the US aren’t the only ones who go by American. Yes it a continent but nobody in any other country uses American to describe where they are from. And she knows that.

Question for black folks living in UK I assume most live in the cities you know large urban center in England. But is there a large populations of black people outside of England? Like is there a black community in Wales or Scotland? @Blue_London I don’t know who else from the UK that still posts

I used to date a black irish chick so there's at least a couple there.

Was she actually from there or did her dad just smash something traveling abroad and stay put? I got quite a few friends with Irish dad's all the same story. Those cacs love em some Jamaican women 😂

Was she actually from there or did her dad just smash something traveling abroad and stay put? I got quite a few friends with Irish dad's all the same story. Those cacs love em some Jamaican women 😂

Nah she had the accent and everything. I thought she was just talking weird when we first met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back