Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaquille-o-neal-athlete.gif

Family having a dispute over where to bury my uncle his kids say the VA cemetery because they can do all the military honors but my aunts wanted him buried in Norfolk. I’m thinking just do what the kids want it ain’t like folks go to gravesites everyday. But it’s a big mess for no logical reason O can think of.

Family having a dispute over where to bury my uncle his kids say the VA cemetery because they can do all the military honors but my aunts wanted him buried in Norfolk. I’m thinking just do what the kids want it ain’t like folks go to gravesites everyday. But it’s a big mess for no logical reason O can think of.
How old are the kids, if they're adults then it's their decision

How old are the kids, if they're adults then it's their decision

All adults like well over 40. That’s why I was like what’s the big damn deal. But it’s other weird shit they on. My dad saying everybody need Jesus or something. But they gonna be alright after the funeral should be peace.

All adults like well over 40. That’s why I was like what’s the big damn deal. But it’s other weird shit they on. My dad saying everybody need Jesus or something. But they gonna be alright after the funeral should be peace.

Man to older people they real particular about where they sister/brother or close family member is buried. They do be going to put flowers on the grave site.

But it shouldn't be something to have tension over. See this why we need documentation of what is to happen when we pass. It removes all the extra from family.

Man to older people they real particular about where they sister/brother or close family member is buried. They do be going to put flowers on the grave site.

But it shouldn't be something to have tension over. See this why we need documentation of what is to happen when we pass. It removes all the extra from family.
That is what my dad did. He made a will out that outlined everything from DNR to how everything is paid off. He made it so that all of the decisions isn't left to me.

That is what my dad did. He made a will out that outlined everything from DNR to how everything is paid off. He made it so that all of the decisions isn't left to me.

Probably made that time a little less stressful. So you could focus on mourning. One of the best things a parent/family member can do for they family.

So this white guy....

I gotta say white. He's a regular at my bar. He even covers some door shifts from time to time if we need the extra help.

He comes in Thursday, wearing this all white tennis outfit. Like the white cotton shoes, shorts and shirt. With a white hat. It looks like he was playing tennis. Like I don't know how else to describe it

Well .. It's Sunday. And he still has it on. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and yes even today.... Sunday.

And it's crazy.... Cuz we've all noticed, cuz an all white fit is noticable.... But this really might be par for the course for him. Like. I can't say with any certainty that he's never done this before.

Like it's 100% possible he's worn the same fit for a whole month before, and I didn't pick up on it cuz it wasn't an eye catching fit. This dude normally dresses pretty grunge. And might get away with wearing the same dark grungy clothes... Cuz they really all look the same.

But this all white fit for 4 days is fucking with me 🧐
It might be his tennis kit and he has a few of them and rotates them

Probably made that time a little less stressful. So you could focus on mourning. One of the best things a parent/family member can do for they family.
The only issue that might come up is what to do with his house. This is where I'm torn. I want the house to stay in the family but, it's in a town that has seen better days and is in a bad area. The house has no resale value and it will cost an arm and a leg to fix up. I'm not sure what to do.

The only issue that might come up is what to do with his house. This is where I'm torn. I want the house to stay in the family but, it's in a town that has seen better days and is in a bad area. The house has no resale value and it will cost an arm and a leg to fix up. I'm not sure what to do.

I would keep it...even if just for the land. If all you gotta pay is property taxes then just take your time fixing it up.

If you do sell...reinvest in some land for the family in a better location.

Is this the same when say your parents lists one of their child as the person in charge to make sure the will is handled correctly or are you talking about a lawyer doing it?

I would keep it...even if just for the land. If all you gotta pay is property taxes then just take your time fixing it up.

If you do sell...reinvest in some land for the family in a better location.
Is this the same when say your parents lists one of their child as the person in charge to make sure the will is handled correctly or are you talking about a lawyer doing it?
If I do sell, I more than likely will reinvest to new land for the girls.

My dad went to the lawyer and put down everything he wants done after he passes away.

It's different ways to do it. Essentially it's a will. Most people just setup an Executor of the Will. And they are to make sure the Will is followed through with and essentially make all decisions. If no Executor is listed or the Will doesn't not list who gets what It can lead to the family having to decide amongst themselves or going to court

When my Grandmother passed on my daddy side I got listed as Executor lol. Idk why my grandma did that. It was crazy. I was 19 when she passed.

If I do sell, I more than likely will reinvest to new land for the girls.

My dad went to the lawyer and put down everything he wants done after he passes away.
Executor of the will was the word I was failing to remember. My grandparents listed my uncle as theirs but he wasn't able to do it when my grandma first passed and so my mom took over

My parents have mentioned making me the executor of their will but I honestly don't think I'd be in the right state of mind to handle that. I may have to tell them to have a lawyer do it all

It's different ways to do it. Essentially it's a will. Most people just setup an Executor of the Will. And they are to make sure the Will is followed through with and essentially make all decisions. If no Executor is listed or the Will doesn't not list who gets what It can lead to the family having to decide amongst themselves or going to court

When my Grandmother passed on my daddy side I got listed as Executor lol. Idk why my grandma did that. It was crazy. I was 19 when she passed.
So you can't have a lawyer do it?

Executor of the will was the word I was failing to remember. My grandparents listed my uncle as theirs but he wasn't able to do it when my grandma first passed and so my mom took over

My parents have mentioned making me the executor of their will but I honestly don't think I'd be in the right state of mind to handle that. I may have to tell them to have a lawyer do it all
What helps is that it is all in writing before hand. Family members can bitch and complain about it, but it's not much they can do unless they try to fight what was written.

I said I was going to put in my will just to throw me in a box or cremate me or whatever's cheapest. My family already told me they wouldn't honor my wishes. lol

I really don't get spending a ton of money on funerals. I know a few people that put themselves in financial hardship because of funerals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back