Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question.

Are most abw member open to an alternative viewpoint?
it seems too many people are dead set on their idea or perspective and are not interested in maybe being wrong and/or learning something new that may change how they see things.

Am I wrong?

For me it depends on the subject. I'm okay with being wrong, having someone break it down for me and moving on amicably with the correct information, but if I'm right and know that for a fact I might be a dick about it if you can't do as I do when I'm wrong.

I'm not however on the site to argue for the sake of arguing. There's a few posters that will take a viewpoint just because certain posters took the other one.

There's also a few that will play devils advocate for fun.

I have a question.

it seems too many people are dead set on their idea or perspective and are not interested in maybe being wrong and/or learning something new that may change how they see things.

Am I wrong?

No. Very few are interested in alternate opinions or recognize that it’s possible for them to be wrong about ANYTHING.

For me it depends on the subject. I'm okay with being wrong, having someone break it down for me and moving on amicably with the correct information, but if I'm right and know that for a fact I might be a dick about it if you can't do as I do when I'm wrong.

I'm not however on the site to argue for the sake of arguing. There's a few posters that will take a viewpoint just because certain posters took the other one.

Name names

I have a question.

Am I wrong?
Some people enjoy dialogue debate and perspective. I like having conversations. I don't care if I'm right or wrong....I just enjoy the back n forth

But a few folks here just like to hear themselves talk. They only care about their perspective. And have no interest in any alternative opinions.

1657993175980.gif

I have a question.

Am I wrong?

I enjoy debates on here. If I learn something new in the course of the debate thats a bonus.

No one is always 100% right and should try to remain open to hearing new opinions/viewpoints

I have a question.

Am I wrong?

Most posters see the name and assume the content of the post without reading it. Alot of discussions often end with one person saying "Oh well I didn't read that part of your post". More people here actually agree than disagree about most shit whether good or bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back