Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah like @DOS_patos said it's high honor. You just need to set the tone for what you expect, what's acceptable and what's isn't inside and outside the workplace.

Like a mother it might take some time to reel em on some things,!might even get a rebellious one but the initial respect and NEED for you to lead is there. That bond is hard to break you just need to keep strengthening it.
I think my boss would not be happy if he knew my dept is more like a large family than boss and direct report atmosphere. Like no one dare question what he says or says to do even if you're like okay he's trippin right now. Where as my team, we have 20 minds checking and questioning each other, doesn't matter if you're new/old, boss or employee. If I say to do some shit I didn't fully think to the end, my team will question me like are you sure? I'm grateful af for that! You cant even begin to think to question my boss before you get the look. That's so fucked to up me.

They want a corporate atmosphere but not dictator- "place everyone in a vacuum" atmosphere, which is how the previous manager sailed the ship. But the corporate bs theyre peddling doesn't sell, work or appeal to people. Say your performance drops or isn't up to speed, and it stuff that you've been trained on, coached on and know by this point. They want this long round about way where you tell them something positive you like then tell them where they fucked up and coach them again and set the expectation. To me it's buttering them up to then give corretion. Idk, it feels gross to me. I praise in the present and correct in the present, I don't mix the two.

My approach is much faster and effective. By the third "infraction" of the same thing that I know you know how to do or have time to do etc, you understand from my tone I'm done with the bs, cuz the behavior is impacting the team as a whole and will not be tolerated. We're here to work hard but not work in a hell hole.

And I'm not a drill Sargent boss I'm just a cut the bs out boss. And I don't think the "big wigs" would like that even tho my team is the "where everybody knows your name - Cheers" kind of atmosphere. If you dread coming to work cuz of the place/work or people itself, I will know and I will dig into it cuz work shouldn't be a hell and whatever is making it hell will be corrected. Idk I got a lot going on I guess cuz its 3 worlds I live, corporate, casual and then reality. I started out with 2 actual kids, "adopted" one and then found 20 more.

Well that's my high ass info dump, how yall doing!?!

I think my boss would not be happy if he knew my dept is more like a large family than boss and direct report atmosphere. Like no one dare question what he says or says to do even if you're like okay he's trippin right now. Where as my team, we have 20 minds checking and questioning each other, doesn't matter if you're new/old, boss or employee. If I say to do some shit I didn't fully think to the end, my team will question me like are you sure? I'm grateful af for that! You cant even begin to think to question my boss before you get the look. That's so fucked to up me.

They want a corporate atmosphere but not dictator- "place everyone in a vacuum" atmosphere, which is how the previous manager sailed the ship. But the corporate bs theyre peddling doesn't sell, work or appeal to people. Say your performance drops or isn't up to speed, and it stuff that you've been trained on, coached on and know by this point. They want this long round about way where you tell them something positive you like then tell them where they fucked up and coach them again and set the expectation. To me it's buttering them up to then give corretion. Idk, it feels gross to me. I praise in the present and correct in the present, I don't mix the two.

My approach is much faster and effective. By the third "infraction" of the same thing that I know you know how to do or have time to do etc, you understand from my tone I'm done with the bs, cuz the behavior is impacting the team as a whole and will not be tolerated. We're here to work hard but not work in a hell hole.

And I'm not a drill Sargent boss I'm just a cut the bs out boss. And I don't think the "big wigs" would like that even tho my team is the "where everybody knows your name - Cheers" kind of atmosphere. If you dread coming to work cuz of the place/work or people itself, I will know and I will dig into it cuz work shouldn't be a hell and whatever is making it hell will be corrected. Idk I got a lot going on I guess cuz its 3 worlds I live, corporate, casual and then reality. I started out with 2 actual kids, "adopted" one and then found 20 more.

Well that's my high ass info dump, how yall doing!?!

I broke my left pinky toe yesterday.

Also, this is how out of place I feel liking this kind of music at my age
20220316_152415.gif

However this is how it makes me feel
20220519_152134.gif
which allows me to draw and project energy how I desire. Doesnt change the weirdness of it all tho and the looks I get. What's wrong with me?

Do you guys think it's possible for 2 people with very different tastes in music to be compatible in the long run?

I can't see why not.

I don't think I've ever even taken what music the other person listens to into consideration.

Unless they're a blast music in their home type person it wouldn't matter to me. Idc what you listen to I just don't want to hear it loud in my ears.

I can't see why not.

I don't think I've ever even taken what music the other person listens to into consideration.

Unless they're a blast music in their home type person it wouldn't matter to me. Idc what you listen to I just don't want to hear it loud in my ears.
I don't think so, cuz I got country songs stuck in my head from 30 yrs ago that I wish weren't there cuz I don't enjoy country music. I don't like the vibration of most of it and I'm resentful of the partner who enjoyed it and listened to it for enjoyment cuz I don't infringe upon that, right? but now shits stuck in my head for life!! 😡 like I don't think I could partner with someone who loved country music. I wouldn't be able to appreciate how much they loved an awesome song and wanted someone to share in that enjoyment with them. I'd be like jfc I hate country so much....☹

And they just hopping in with their nasty asses. Probably ain't even bath that day.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back