Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my ABW fathers...

Do yall get annoyed at all these Father's Day commercials being strictly tools/grill commercials? Nothin else.

o9uyx27yur591.jpg

All my ABW fathers...

Do yall get annoyed at all these Father's Day commercials being strictly tools/grill commercials? Nothin else.

Back in my early days of being a dad I always thought it was lame.

But now, I love tools and shit like that lol. I legit have an small extra drill and a ratchet & socket set in my trunk at all times just in case Lololololol

o9uyx27yur591.jpg

The way they handled black people might be part of the reason I like Cowboy Bebop so much. A lot of anime from the past had us looking like that pic with the watermelon.

As far as the watermelon thing goes, I'm not surprised. To be honest, it's probably a similar story with fried chicken. Black people don't have some inordinate desire to eat fried chicken, but southern fried chicken as we know was basically created by black slave cooks.

The way they handled black people might be part of the reason I like Cowboy Bebop so much. A lot of anime from the past had us looking like that pic with the watermelon.

As far as the watermelon thing goes, I'm not surprised. To be honest, it's probably a similar story with fried chicken. Black people don't have some inordinate desire to eat fried chicken, but southern fried chicken as we know was basically created by black slave cooks.
They were afraid they'd make enough money to buy their freedom or be successful, so blacks werent allowed to own cattle or hogs. They were fine with them owning chickens since they didnt see that as a threat.

This is a good read, but i'll only quote a lil of it

English settlers arriving at Jamestown in 1607 brought a flock of chickens that helped the struggling colony survive its first harsh winters, and the bird was on the Mayflower 13 years later. But the popularity of the Old World fowl soon faded, as turkey, goose, pigeon, duck and other tastier native game were plentiful.
This proved a boon for enslaved Africans. Fearful that human chattel could buy their freedom from profits made by selling animals, the Virginia General Assembly in 1692 made it illegal for slaves to own horses, cattle or pigs. Poultry, though, wasn’t considered worth mentioning.

This loophole offered an opportunity. Most slaves came from West Africa, where raising chickens had a long history. Soon, African-Americans in the colonial South — both enslaved and free — emerged as the “general chicken merchants,” wrote one white planter. At George Washington’s home, Mount Vernon, slaves were forbidden to raise ducks or geese, making the chicken “the only pleasure allowed to Negroes,” one visitor noted. The pleasure was not just culinary, but financial: In 1775, Thomas Jefferson paid two silver Spanish bits to slaves in exchange for three chickens. Such sales were common.

Black cooks were in a position to influence their masters’ choice of dishes, and they naturally favored the meat raised by their friends and relatives. One of the West African specialties that caught on among white people was chicken pieces fried in oil — the meal that now, around the world, is considered quintessentially American.

Slaves laid the foundation for the American appetite for chicken, but it was the forced opening of China by the West in the 1840s that made the modern bird possible. American ships brought specimens of Asian chickens never seen in America. Breeders crossed the large and colorful exotics with their smaller but hardier Western counterparts to produce a bird that could lay more eggs and provide more meat. The results were famous varieties, like the Plymouth Rock and Rhode Island Red, that appeared just as the nation began to industrialize.

They were afraid they'd make enough money to buy their freedom or be successful, so blacks werent allowed to own cattle or hogs. They were fine with them owning chickens since they didnt see that as a threat.

This is a good read, but i'll only quote a lil of it

Good post. I didn't even realize the topic went that deep.

I love black people but miss me with niggas who leave garbage on the lawn and pizza boxes on the front steps all day then argue with they kids at 1am
A few months ago I had to check some damn high school kids (black and Mexicans) for throwing trash damn near in front my house

It was like 4 of them and a chick was with them and I was surprised they didn’t get all brolic and try and spazz on me Lololololol. They said my bad picked it up and ask can they use my trash can.

A few months ago I had to check some damn high school kids (black and Mexicans) for throwing trash damn near in front my house

It was like 4 of them and a chick was with them and I was surprised they didn’t get all brolic and try and spazz on me Lololololol. They said my bad picked it up and ask can they use my trash can.
It’s kinda weird getting older man because we get it but at the same time pick that shit up lil niggas

At least they was respectful because Idk what you do if they respond with “fuck outta here”

I love black people but miss me with niggas who leave garbage on the lawn and pizza boxes on the front steps all day then argue with they kids at 1am

Lol. This reminds me of when one of my niggas from an old block I grew up on pulled up randomly at a spot I worked. He's like "I'm glad you're parents got you up out of there..." Then proceeded to tell me a bunch of fucked up shit that happened to niggas I grew up with. We exchanged numbers then he like "link me. You gotta come back to the block and kick it with everybody."

2bBC.gif

This is true. Black men the only men I regularly see out here that be 5'8 and 140 with a got damn land whale... especially in the South and especially if it is a White woman.

Brothers on the West Coast got good taste in women. But the rest of the country, I be like for damn, you making us look bad.

A skinny Black man and a fat White woman in the South go together like peanut butter and jelly. Like Sonny and Cher. Like Martin and Gina. Like Doug and a Patty Mayonnaise.

It don’t matter at all

I find it hilarious when people get nervous or act weird when I look them in the eyes. You can literally see the discomfort.

I remember my vice principal in highschool was so impressed with that shit lol. He was like "most kids when they get in trouble avoid eye contact. I like to get a good look into the eyes of the person I'm looking at to try and see how honest and forthwith they're being when talking to me but I guess you're doing the same thing."
He gave me an open door policy to his office after that. Said if I ever had problems in class just come see him. Couldn't really do nothing with me my highschool days but I appreciate his effort and that eye contact shit always stuck with me cause I'm an honest dude to a fault.

So when I look in your eyes I'm tryna see what your soul about.

i say all that to say I went for an appointment with my dietitian. I didn't break eye contact once and I could tell it was fucking with her. She kept rubbing her wedding ring. Wonder what she has to hide.

Damn. I went full germs. Faster for me to hit post reply than delete all this tho. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hilarious when people get nervous or act weird when I look them in the eyes. You can literally see the discomfort.

I remember my vice principal in highschool was so impressed with that shit lol. He was like "most kids when they get in trouble avoid eye contact. I like to get a good look into the eyes of the person I'm looking at to try and see how honest and forthwith they're being when talking to me but I guess you're doing the same thing."
He gave me an open door policy to his office after that. Said if I ever had problems in class just come see him. Couldn't really do nothing with me my highschool days but I appreciate his effort and that eye contact shit always stuck with me cause I'm an honest dude to a fault.

I'm tryna see what your soul about.

i say all that to say I went for an appointment with my dietitian. I didn't break eye contact once and I could tell it was fucking with her. She kept rubbing her wedding ring. Wonder what she has to hide.

Damn. I went full germs. Faster for me to hit post reply than delete all this tho. 🤷🏿‍♂️

IMO either she took your constant eye contact as you want her and she was rubbing her wedding ring as signal to you that she's married and it ain't going to happen or she was rubbing her wedding ring thinking about risking it all.

IMO either she took your constant eye contact as you want her and she was rubbing her wedding ring as signal to you that she's married and it ain't going to happen or she was rubbing her wedding ring thinking about risking it all.

Basically.

I don't even find her all that attractive.

But I'm not going to stop either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back