Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to act like people (especially women) weren't being extremely pressured to get married and have children regardless of their own wishes for most of human history?

When you guys are seeing people recently celebrating not having kids it's because it's a relatively new thing to be accepted in society. The jokes about miserable parents are just part of that - you'll live.

Yeah, turnabout's fair play.

For the longest, people would think there's something's wrong with you if you're a certain age and have never been married or had kids.

Glad the so-called quote/unquote..........."normal people".............are finally getting some smoke.

Funny how sensitive they are to it too.

Whenever people would try to hit me with that nonsense, I'd just look at them like they were crazy and keep it moving.

lol @ calling procreation and continuing the species overrated.

Nigga got a weird way at looking at kids, but it kinda seems like his whole stance is based on unplanned pregnancies and people who have kids before they are ready.
It’s my opinion, i don’t feel like they’d add value to my life, they’re not necessary. And yes my stance is mainly not having them before you’re ready but y’all trynna chastise me cuz iont want kids ain’t the wave either

It’s my opinion, i don’t feel like they’d add value to my life, they’re not necessary. And yes my stance is mainly not having them before you’re ready but y’all trynna chastise me cuz iont want kids ain’t the wave either

I'm not chastizing you bro. If you don't want kids, that's fine. Being a parent isn't for everyone. A lot more people should probably forgo having kids for their own good and the good of the kids if you ask me.

That said, when you make general statements like "kids are overrated," it sounds less like you're speaking about what would work for your life and more like you're just making a general statement. As a general statement, I think that sentiment is silly.

Interesting video. It kinda underpins the point I've made before that, contrary to what some people believe, racism is not inherent, it was created by rich people who wanted to maintain their power and reduce competition.

TL:DW - In 1619, when black people first came to the colonies, most of them were considered indentured servants not slaves just like many of the white people in the colonies. Anthony Johnson was brought to the colonies a few years later most likely as an indentured servant. He eventually gained his freedom and acquired 100 acres of land and 5 servants (all white). He was said to be well respected, and based on the records no one gave a fuck about his skin color. He had full rights in the colonies as evidenced by the fact that he won several cases in court including one where other established land owners that didn't like his come up tried to take one of his servants. He basically thrived until he died and passed on everything to his kids. A few years after he died, VA started enacting racist laws as a means to take away land from black people that acquired it and thrived on it. All that land was basically given to the rich people who already had most of the power in the area, so the laws were clearly put in place so that the rich could get richer, and so they wouldn't have to deal with competition from black servants turned landowners who actually knew how to cultivate the land better than them in many cases.

I'm not chastizing you bro. If you don't want kids, that's fine. Being a parent isn't for everyone. A lot more people should probably forgo having kids for their own good and the good of the kids if you ask me.

That said, when you make general statements like "kids are overrated," it sounds less like you're speaking about what would work for your life and more like you're just making a general statement. As a general statement, I think that sentiment is silly.
Ard I see what you’re saying

I disagree.

If a kid stops your dream, you never was serious about it.

now if your dream is wake up in random places with the whole hookup culture vibe then yes Lololololol.

And maybe that was the case 20-30 years ago with the dream killer thing but not anymore

Idk about that kid require time if your dream happens to be a highly time consuming job you can’t be an effective parent in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back