Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only difference with a oven and gas grill is that with a gas grill you can get a better sear on what you are cooking and get grill lines. But if you put your over broiler on high. You can get just about the same sear as the gas grill just won't have the grill lines on the food.

Good to know. I got to get smarter on cooking in the oven. It's kinda silly but I don't really know how to use the broiler too well.

I think the only difference with a oven and gas grill is that with a gas grill you can get a better sear on what you are cooking and get grill lines. But if you put your over broiler on high. You can get just about the same sear as the gas grill just won't have the grill lines on the food.

If you think the only different between the gas grill and the oven is grill lines...

:lol10:

If you think the only different between the gas grill and the oven is grill lines...

:lol10:

The fact that you even give a fuck about a gas grill
200.gif

You know they got cast iron griddles to put those sear lines you like in your steak fish and chicken

I know I am late by damn near a week but I'm just getting around to listening to the UGK, 8Ball & MJG verzuz.

Damn this shit if fucking great.

You know they got cast iron griddles to put those sear lines you like in your steak fish and chicken

I've been using the Rock Grill for years. You can get it at Costco or off Amazon for like $30-40.

91SXXy9mb-L._AC_SX466_.jpg

Got a indoor smokeless grill a lil while ago. It's dope but cleaning it is kinda annoying.

First - If your food taste like charcoal you're not grilling properly. If your grill is hot enough it's the fat hitting the heating element and turning into smoke that adds the flavor along with the flame searing the meat - this applies to both gas and charcoal grills.

We all probably prefer charcoal grills but gas grill has it's uses. If I'm going to reverse sear a steak on the traeger to get it to temp i'm not going to light a pile of charcoal just to sear it off. Same if i just want to make a quick burger.

I use one of these though so I can choose according to my needs. Plus I added the side firebox to the charcoal side for when I want to smoke with wood instead of pellets.

5050_1_Studio-Front_1600x1600_935014c7-1200-4caf-93dc-22a29c6cbf73.png

First - If your food taste like charcoal you're not grilling properly. If your grill is hot enough it's the fat hitting the heating element and turning into smoke that adds the flavor along with the flame searing the meat - this applies to both gas and charcoal grills.

We all probably prefer charcoal grills but gas grill has it's uses. If I'm going to reverse sear a steak on the traeger to get it to temp i'm not going to light a pile of charcoal just to sear it off. Same if i just want to make a quick burger.

I use one of these though so I can choose according to my needs. Plus I added the side firebox to the charcoal side for when I want to smoke with wood instead of pellets.

:lookatthismf:

This nigga tryna play both sides.

Man I love having a black doctor but she really be on cpt. My appointment was set at 1. I've been sitting here since 12:55.

I've got an optometrist appointment at 2. I don't like other people making me late for shit.

She cool but I might have to check her today.

I don't quite understand the distinction you're trying to make with the bold. You're right that the flavor comes from the smoke, but the smoke in a charcoal grill will have charcoal particulates in it which in turn contributes to that flavoring being in the food. That's not something that you'll ever get in a gas grill. So regardless of what you prefer, that is a fundamental difference between the two grill types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back