Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did.

Again, as someone that grew up with this, and we're talking 30-40 years ago, none of this is news. It ain't surprising in the least. Maybe it is to her 'cause she just found out about it, but coming up through the 70's and 80's, this shit was common. I mean, the only thing I never heard of was a school being able to fine a student; that shit's weird. But not the cops doing it; that's just how it was.

I've never heard of a school using fines on students as part of their disciplinary measures. I don't think it's common and it's definitely not ok. The fact that these schools are using the police as a proxy in order to circumvent the law that makes it illegal for them to issue fines directly is the point of the article.

I did.

Again, as someone that grew up with this, and we're talking 30-40 years ago, none of this is news. It ain't surprising in the least. Maybe it is to her 'cause she just found out about it, but coming up through the 70's and 80's, this shit was common. I mean, the only thing I never heard of was a school being able to fine a student; that shit's weird. But not the cops doing it; that's just how it was.
Yea getting chased by the cops for not going to school was always a thing.

Truancy cops wasn't a thing out here growing up, the school didn't even call when we missed as long as you wasn't missing a lot of days

truancy thing out here is real too but it’s only after x amount.. I think if it’s more than 3 then they send a letter home..it warns of law enforcement getting involved if it continues but as far as I’ve ever known nothing has ever really come from that…I think they go after those who havw excessive truancies tho

Riding round in a big truck wit air brakes and stick shift, I’m shotgun. Old head got us somewhere we ain’t pose to be. He stops, tells me, if someone come,.spin the block and come back for me. Then dips off into the shadows….ion know how to drive this shit. If some one come, ima just hop out and go round the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back