Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.

I learned a long time ago to that rappers are the worst and I mean the fucking worst people in the music industry when it comes to professionalism, loyalty, and friendship.

But these motherfuckers be the main ones begging for everything. They don't like to pay for shit.

When I was doing my DJing and producing shit, I stopped fucking with rappers real quick.

This was in the 90s.

I said fuck all these broke ass, I can I get a beat, can I get some studio time rappers.

I started fucking with singers and Dance music producers and made some real money. And I had marginal talent. I knew so many talented producers and DJs in the 90s and 00s that invested thousands of dollars in they craft aint get shit back fucking with rappers and Hip Hop.

I would tell any young, broke, no name producer today, get into Pop music, get into EDM if they wanna make some money as producers, these rappers are broke and cheap. Will smoke up all your weed, fuck on all your bitches and expect you to give them a free beat.

Fuck rappers, respectfully.

And another thing.

The Dance and Pop music world is way bigger and way more lucrative.

You got got 50 year old producers and DJs making millions of dollars still, in the prime of they career as artists and record label owners.

You ain't got no shit like that in Hip Hop.

In Hip Hop you gotta transition and do some VladTV shit by the time you are 35. Or work at some shitty ass radio station.

So think about it, you in your 20s, an intermediate producer making Hip Hop beats for broke ass rappers, you a need a rapper on your shit to blow, so you selling exclusive beats for maybe 500 to 2 racks. Let's not forget the beats you done gave away. The older you get, the less chances you have to become an established producer because nobody want beats from an old motherfucker unless you are Pharrell or Dre or Timbo.

Meanwhile a person at the same age as you with the same intermediate skill can make a beat with no vocalist in the EDM/Electronic world and blow up, get a record deal, have all the big name artists come to you for music, get paid real money, go on tour, talking like 10s of thousands, go on tour and be known as an artist. And the older you get, the better you get and people respect you for your expertise.

Producers and DJs in Hip Hop need a union. It's rigged.

I learned a long time ago to that rappers are the worst and I mean the fucking worst people in the music industry when it comes to professionalism, loyalty, and friendship.

But these motherfuckers be the main ones begging for everything. They don't like to pay for shit.

When I was doing my DJing and producing shit, I stopped fucking with rappers real quick.

This was in the 90s.

I said fuck all these broke ass, I can I get a beat, can I get some studio time rappers.

I started fucking with singers and Dance music producers and made some real money. And I had marginal talent. I knew so many talented producers and DJs in the 90s and 00s that invested thousands of dollars in they craft aint get shit back fucking with rappers and Hip Hop.

I would tell any young, broke, no name producer today, get into Pop music, get into EDM if they wanna make some money as producers, these rappers are broke and cheap. Will smoke up all your weed, fuck on all your bitches and expect you to give them a free beat.

You dealin with some personal hurt?

This was in the 90s.

The turning point, IMO, was pirated Fruity Loops/FL Studio in the mid 00's, especially after Soulja Boy's Crank Dat blew up and folks found out he did it on a demo of FL. After that, a whole gang of muhfuckas was making beats on the family PC hoping to make it big, then they started selling beats for blue-light special prices. 10 whole, exclusive beats for $20??? You think a local, random rapper is gonna buy one decent, musical, well produced beat for $500+ or are they gonna buy a pack of beats made by a muhfucka banging out random notes on a on a laptop/desktop keyboard for $20???

I stopped expecting to sell beats around 2010-ish. I refused to lower my rates and quality just to make a quick buck.

The turning point, IMO, was pirated Fruity Loops/FL Studio in the mid 00's, especially after Soulja Boy's Crank Dat blew up and folks found out he did it on a demo of FL. After that, a whole gang of muhfuckas was making beats on the family PC hoping to make it big, then they started selling beats for blue-light special prices. 10 whole, exclusive beats for $20??? You think a local, random rapper is gonna buy one decent, musical, well produced beat for $500+ or are they gonna buy a pack of beats made by a muhfucka banging out random notes on a on a laptop/desktop keyboard for $20???

I stopped expecting to sell beats around 2010-ish. I refused to lower my rates and quality just to make a quick buck.
You raise a great point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back