Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching History Channel for the first time in a long time. They got a pretty good special on Lincoln. It pretty much admitted that he was a racist, but that he still strongly believed black people deserved to be free.

I don't know if that makes him look better or not.

Damn... I know this. But it's not coming to me.

I'm gonna say Chubb Rock but I know I'm wrong. But Damn... good one. Was that really on Jeopardy?

I'm not sure if this was actually on jeopardy or not. Someone sent me this...

It's not Chubb Rock

Last edited:
See...this why I need to stick to my gut feelings.

Randomly my son asked me about the last dude I was with. knew I should not have let that dude meet my son. I normally don't let my son meet a guy. Not of a fan of when it don't workout and the kid comes bringing up old stuff up....like today ugh 😑

Like ain't nobody thinking about dude, I am all happy Kekeing and shit,here comes my kid...oh mom what happened to so and so.

My response: He dead

My son look at me like what? I go he don't exist no more.

I doubt men deal with shit like this.

Why didn't you stick to your gut feelings?

Was your ex-bf pressuring you to meet your son?

Also, did your son and ex build a rapport while y'all were together?

How long do you wait ? Like for me that's a huge amount of trust. You don't get brownie points because you want to meet my kid. And yes i want them to be cool with each other.

And it's times where the dude wants me to his kids. And I am like it's too soon lol. Idk meeting and vibing with the kids is another level to me. Like that doesn't happen in the beginning when we still getting to know each other.

It's been like 5 months and my son bringing up dude...yup that's a reminder that I still need to work on my discernment.

Not so much as me but I know others that have been through it. I definitely wouldnt do it at the beginning.

All kids are different. There are some kids that dont like when one of their parents meet someone new. They tend to grow out of it through....sometimes

Again, cant really put a number on how many months you should wait. It depends on how much yall are actually seeing each other. How much yall are talking. The vetting process is very important. Do yall align emotionally, spiritually, financially. Do yall stimulate each others intellect. What are yall views on what a relationship should be. Do yall bring peace to each other and hardly argue. Are yall compatible physically. Are there similar interests. Have yall talked about being exclusive and putting a label on it. There are other things you may add too your own process.

Those are some of the things that people need to talk about during dating. Then you will know when it is time for the kids to come into play.

This topic reminds me of Ms Jones.....aka Jonesey......from the old site.

She said she was dating a dude for two years, and not only did she not introduce her man to her kids............but she didn't even let him know she had any kids to begin with until they were 2 years into the relationship.

My reaction when I heard that:

Situation shocked clip.gif

Eddie Murphy flabbergasted clip.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back