Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well job option. Military is never the only option in the states.
So if you have no direction and no money and don't won't to be in debt for the rest of your life isn't joining the military a better answer? And if all of you family were in the military and you are seeing how their life turned out and you want the same things isn't in the best viable option so to speak.

So if you have no direction and no money and don't won't to be in debt for the rest of your life isn't joining the military a better answer? And if all of you family were in the military and you are seeing how their life turned out and you want the same things isn't in the best viable option so to speak.

Is that their only option?

I will say the military wasn't' my "only" option but it was the 'best' one in my eyes at the time and it proved to work out beautifully whereas others who choose different paths didn't do so well.

But you can also attribute that to personal characteristics and life decisions period.

Knowing what I know now, I would have still enlisted because positive and forward progress came from it.
Would I join today... no I would not.

lol yea I had someone tell me that's how it's pronounced a couple years ago, I still say GIF tho.

Yea, they do. They are not exempt, but since I couldn't care less about a CAC, I simply laugh to myself when I see/hear it (they'll be aight in society) yea I'm wrong but I know these black kids will have it much harder than lil jimmy that's being yelled at by his Cac parent.

Why do we go so hard like that as parents though for sports??. Do we as black parents not know it's a slim chance and I mean slim chance that their kid will (not) make it to the league in any sport? Why we don't go hard like that on the academic side of the game.

I'm telling you, in opinion, that shit is hurting our kids more than helping them.

That's easy...

For a lot of parents, they see their child as a way out. A way outta the neighborhood they're living in. A way outta the financial struggles. A way I to that lavish life.

Their eyes is on their child going professional, making that professional money, and being taken care of. That's why you see a lot of parents go hard on the kids. That's why you see parents act a fool at these games. B/c ANY obstacle they feel that's gonna prevent their child from reaching that next level...aka...having that lavish life...is unacceptable.

Damn shame how these parents act up at the games tho.

i blame sites like giphy......i mean that's pronounced jiffy....

and giphy is the best site for.....gif's

so...i mean.....

Only on the ABW can an intense back and forth convo be derailed by the proper and/or common pronunciation of GIF.

:word?:

#GottaLoveMyPeaPoes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back