Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
deep as fuck....

i was completely ignorant to this shit until i just read this article....

i'm intrigued as fuck, imma find the scene then watch the show......i think i'm a fan already....

they left off the best part

Mr. Nancy: NOW GET UP THERE, AND BURN THOSE DUTCH MOTHERFUCKERS
Slave: but, we'll all die

Mr. Nancy: You already dead asshole. At least die for something. (or something like that)

Yea, they do. They are not exempt, but since I couldn't care less about a CAC, I simply laugh to myself when I see/hear it (they'll be aight in society) yea I'm wrong but I know these black kids will have it much harder than lil jimmy that's being yelled at by his Cac parent.

Why do we go so hard like that as parents though for sports??. Do we as black parents not know it's a slim chance and I mean slim chance that their kid will (not) make it to the league in any sport? Why we don't go hard like that on the academic side of the game.

I'm telling you, in opinion, that shit is hurting our kids more than helping them.

I try to emphasize this to the athletes I mentor.

Im not trying to kill a dream, but to get them to see just how hard it is to go pro

I use simple math

Its about 320 million americans
out of that you have roughly 1 million that play high school football (less than 1% of the population)
out of that million only about 92000 go on to play college football on some level
out of that 92,000 about 3500 players are eligible to be drafted or sign rookie free agent deals every year
out of that 3500 only 254 get drafted and about 940 players total make it to training camp

now after training camp and preseason each team has to cut to a 53 man active roster

There are 32 teams with 53 players each so

35x53= 1696 active roster NFL players out of 320 million americans. Very elite group of people I would say.

even after you make it...its hard af to stay there..avg NFL career is 3 yrs.

Its easier to get to college and become a doctor, lawyer or engineer than it is to be a pro football player.

then I let that shit simmer with them and emphasize the importance of the work they put in inside the classroom.

I try to emphasize this to the athletes I mentor.

Im not trying to kill a dream, but to get them to see just how hard it is to go pro

I use simple math

Its about 320 million americans
out of that you have roughly 1 million that play high school football (less than 1% of the population)
out of that million only about 92000 go on to play college football on some level
out of that 92,000 about 3500 players are eligible to be drafted or sign rookie free agent deals every year
out of that 3500 only 254 get drafted and about 940 players total make it to training camp

now after training camp and preseason each team has to cut to a 53 man active roster

There are 32 teams with 53 players each so

35x53= 1696 active roster NFL players out of 320 million americans. Very elite group of people I would say.

even after you make it...its hard af to stay there..avg NFL career is 3 yrs.

Its easier to get to college and become a doctor, lawyer or engineer than it is to be a pro football player.

then I let that shit simmer with them and emphasize the importance of the work they put in inside the classroom.

Man that's a good break-down.

3 years being in the NFL isn't enough money to even retire on.

I don't even think you get retirement, I think you have to be 4 years invested/vested to draw retirement from the league, I may be wrong, but the parents push these kids as if they will make it to that league not knowing they have a better chance of just making a decent living with a good profession etc.

I salute those that do instill in these kids that everyone won't make it to the league or play college ball, some may not play HS ball. We need more to do this and be real with these kids. It's getting real sad how some parents have become so (aggressive) with this whole act thinking that their child will make it.

plus they limit you too...

like i was an athlete and i did music...

but i could only do one at a time....

they stay limiting our options

Man that's a good break-down.

3 years being in the NFL isn't enough money to even retire on.

I don't even think you get retirement, I think you have to be 4 years invested/vested to draw retirement from the league, I may be wrong, but the parents push these kids as if they will make it to that league not knowing they have a better chance of just making a decent living with a good profession etc.

I salute those that do instill in these kids that everyone won't make it to the league or play college ball, some may not play HS ball. We need more to do this and be real with these kids. It's getting real sad how some parents have become so (aggressive) with this whole act thinking that their child will make it.

The thing that needs to keep being stressed to these kids that play football, is being drafted by a team, DOES NOT guarantee a spot. Teams can still cut you during training camp.

So yeah you may get that call...but that's it. You gotta make sure you're on point. If not, bye bye.

plus they limit you too...

like i was an athlete and i did music...

but i could only do one at a time....

they stay limiting our options

Well in all fairness, some athletes do need to stay in their lane, and not the music one. Case in point...

On the radio this morning they were saying that plastic surgery is what's trending for graduation gifts.

The most common surgeries are nose jobs, laser surgery for acne and vaginal rejuvenation.

Smh

On the radio this morning they were saying that plastic surgery is what's trending for graduation gifts.

The most common surgeries are nose jobs, laser surgery for acne and vaginal rejuvenation.

Smh
Nose jobs have been a graduation gift for Jewish n Iranian chicks for 10+ yrs now.

dead @ vaginal rejuvenation tho. rejuvenation from what?

Nose jobs have been a graduation gift for Jewish n Iranian chicks for 10+ yrs now.

dead @ vaginal rejuvenation tho. rejuvenation from what?

From getting blown out Trini! From getting blown out!

It's either got no more snap back or sloppy lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back