Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

So running around killing a bunch of vietcong constitutes as "great" storytelling? Those scenes were shallow af, and the gore served no purpose other than to wow people on gore alone. It didn't even manage to highlight the horrors and pointlessness of the conflict. That shit was far great.

The characters besides, the main character were shallow as a puddle too, there was no depth to them for the audience to actually care about

It was less about the war itself and more about the aftermath. It was about putting your life on the line for a country you thought you were a part of and coming back with pennies and no respect. Coming back and seeing your friend you were in combat with and seeing him strung out on drugs he used to cope with the bullshit of the war and dying from aids he caught while fucking the hookers over there again to take his mind off murder. Coming back to the woman you love being a complete different person and not being loyal to you. Coming back with PTSD and sleepless nights and the list goes on.

chris tucker character had a great arc
the little sister who became a black panther had a good arc
of course his girlfriends arc was amazing

then bokeem woodbine character......:clawd2:
as the preacher who was a sadistic over in the war....a preacher back at home... btu still participating in the robbery....yet froze up under action....

man that shit was beautiful....those layers were crazy deep

Going to birthday celebration for my family today and tomorrow. Today is all black party and tomorrow is the all white party.

I have none of these items at hand I may be a real nigga and roll up in both parties wearing grey

Why is sex so powerful?

The energy exchange is powerful regardless of what your emotions are whilst committing the action.

Some call them soul ties, some call it energy exchange but whatever you desire to call it the 'action' itself is a powerful exchange and the hormones produced by said action is intoxicating and extremely addictive.

.....For some.

explain why dead presidents is horrible
I just tackled the nam part of the movie, so I'll cover the heist part of the movie.

His girls sister is supposed to be on the black empowerment tip and all that, but she's down for a heist and not only that but through violent means. It makes no sense that someone who's heavily into black empowerment would want to willingly put themselves in that position. And sure you could argue poverty but she seemed to living pretty nice to me, she had their childhood home while the sister with the kid was staying in a roach infested apartment. So not only was her character's motivations inconsistent but the main character's daughter and bm are just there for the sake of moving the plot along (a burden on the main character) and not there to add any depth.

Neither him nor his latino friend use any of their training from the military to acquire a job when they went to civilian life, he was in a spec ops unit and settled for a job as a butcher, which again conveniently sets up the his motivation for the heist. He didn't even try to live move back in with his parents or his bm's sister. He just went straight into a life of crime. Again more inconsistent behavior that only serves to move the plot along.

Then comes the heist, they include a drug head (chris tucker), the fucked up preacher's son (Trumpet player from the ray charles movie), and his dumb friend who got hurt by his own grenade in nam (his childhood latino friend. All fuck ups

Again the main character his military experience in a spec ops squad and these are the people chose to pull of a heist with, not only him but the dude with 1 leg spent time in the military as well and they were both cool with it. Like wtf kinda shit is that?

Don't even get me started in his dumb ass pyromaniac friend who burned most of the money.......

To end the foolishness off they never skipped town and gtfo of dodge, they stayed in the city and got caught because of the crazy ass preacher's son.

N'Bushe Wright would've gotten that EBRC treatment in that damn movie.

Looks...check

Body...check

Mahogany goddess...check

Afro...check

Power to the people Cracka Killa...check

It was less about the war itself and more about the aftermath. It was about putting your life on the line for a country you thought you were a part of and coming back with pennies and no respect. Coming back and seeing your friend you were in combat with and seeing him strung out on drugs he used to cope with the bullshit of the war and dying from aids he caught while fucking the hookers over there again to take his mind off murder. Coming back to the woman you love being a complete different person and not being loyal to you. Coming back with PTSD and sleepless nights and the list goes on.
That still doesn't change any of the flaws I pointed out. Just because a film is about sad/horrid things doesn't make it good. There's more to movies than that.

That still doesn't change any of the flaws I pointed out. Just because a film is about sad/horrid things doesn't make it good. There's more to movies than that.

It does change the "flaws" you pointed out because you can't say the bm served no point in the movie when her role was pivotal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back