Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
brad pitt or bradley cooper can have a hot couple of years but god forbid black actors get a lotta work......

taye diggs
morris chestnut
larenz tate
angela basset
nia long
sanaa lathan
mekhi phifer
sam jackson
omar epps
bookeem woodbine
vivca foxx
will smith
laurence fishburne
ice cube
queen latifah
regina king

the black community would like to disqualify your great era of black representation on film becuae yall niggaz was gettign too much work...and your films were so influential to the era that it shaped cinema going forward creating a genre that black folk these days consider cliche and overdone....so we're just gonna say that shit was wack all together...

A for effort tho.....
Cot forbid someone has a differing opinion, it must mean they think all black actors from the 90's suck.

This is a trash argument. coming from you, you're better than this du.

lol Dead presidents is horrible
dead-presidents-o.gif

not at all....

it was a golden era of film for black folk, and one of the challenges to that claim were the recycled actors...

ap said gabrielle union and morris chestnut were in all of it......

i proved that wrong

not at all....

it was a golden era of film for black folk, and one of the challenges to that claim were the recycled actors...

ap said gabrielle union and morris chestnut were in all of it......

i proved that wrong
Did you prove anything that I personally said wrong tho, and it obvious that ap was joking

also dead presidents was awesome... chris tucker playing a serious role >>>>>>>>>>>>>

one of the best vietnam movies done forreal....shit was great storytelling bruh......all that shit was way too deep to sit there and call it horrible....you can do better than that

I graduated HS in '91 you was learning how to swallow milk...........damn shame
naw i think that nigga wasn't even reincarnated yet...

in 1991 josh was still a old lady named gladys who live in a nursing home in nebraska

one of the best vietnam movies done forreal....shit was great storytelling bruh......
Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

So running around killing a bunch of vietcong constitutes as "great" storytelling? Those scenes were shallow af, and the gore served no purpose other than to wow people on gore alone. It didn't even manage to highlight the horrors and pointlessness of the conflict. That shit was far great.

The characters besides, the main character were shallow as a puddle too, there was no depth to them for the audience to actually care about

Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

So running around killing a bunch of vietcong constitutes as "great" storytelling? Those scenes were shallow af, and the gore served no purpose other than to wow people on gore alone. It didn't even manage to highlight the horrors and pointlessness of the conflict. That shit was far great.

The characters besides, the main character were shallow as a puddle too, there was no depth to them for the audience to actually care about
bruh, it showed how the war turned a humble kid into a man in like 2-3 years....it told the story of a black war vet who came home a hero yet still had to hustle like a criminal to make ends meet...

it told a story of humility on several levels.....how pride can be destructive.....

and it didn't have a happy ending, because the tragic tone prevented it..

that shit was marvelous bruh.....

watch again in a few years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back