Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the golden age/best era of black cinema?
There hasn't been one yet, until we can expand the scope of the current genres we make movies about. You know, the lame ass tyler perry style movies, the typical crime lord/drug kingpin movie where the main character is basically bullet proof or unkillable, and the classic slave movie. I wanna see some black movies about our history in africa, some sci fi/futuristic movies, movies about black people on the come up through none violent/morally questionable means. All of that I feel is missing now and has for the most part always been missing from black films.

There hasn't been one yet, until we can expand the scope of the current genres we make movies about. You know, the lame ass tyler perry style movies, the typical crime lord/drug kingpin movie where the main character is basically bullet proof or unkillable, and the classic slave movie. I wanna see some black movies about our history in africa, some sci fi/futuristic movies, movies about black people on the come up through none violent/morally questionable means. All of that I feel is missing now and has for the most part always been missing from black films.

But how can you say we have rose lenses when there's been many classic movies made in that era?

There's always potential to make more, but you can't act like the 90s didn't have many classic movies and shows.

But how can you say we have rose lenses when there's been many classic movies made in that era?

There's always potential to make more, but you can't act like the 90s didn't have many classic movies and shows.
That's my point, rose tented glasses can make things seem a lot better than they actually were. There's plenty of movies I watched in my younger years that I thought were great but now looking back on them, many of them are flawed or just flat out trash.

Take Avatar for instance, it had some of the best cgi I had seen and it still does, when I first saw it was amazing, but having watched it recently it has bing flaws in the plot and it's basically dances with wolves in space.

I'm not denying that 90's had classic movies/shows but a lot of yalls classics are classics because of nostalgia

That's my point, rose tented glasses can make things seem a lot better than they actually were. There's plenty of movies I watched in my younger years that I thought were great but now looking back on them, many of them are flawed or just flat out trash.

Take Avatar for instance, it had some of the best cgi I had seen and it still does, when I first saw it was amazing, but having watched it recently it has bing flaws in the plot and it's basically dances with wolves in space.

I'm not denying that 90's had classic movies/shows but a lot of yalls classics are classics because of nostalgia

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh b, I can name movies/shows that are still classic to this day..martin/fresh prince/friday, boyz in the hood, dead presidents, love jones, like nigga lol U gotta be trollin

they weren't considered cliche at the tiem, they were just authentic original plots and stories..

but they've been over done and copied so much, that it turned into a cliche by the time younger generations caught up..
but back in the day, movies like set it off, jason's lyric, love jones, the wood, best man, stella got her groove back, love and basketball, juice, fresh, menace 2 society, boyz n the hood, friday, belly, south central, soul food,

that shit was all original to us....we went to the movies and saw that shit in groups... shit was awesome.....

it may seem cliche now, but back then shit was hot bruh... a dope soundtrack would dominate the whole summer....

Maaaaaannn the soundtracks back then are better than most albums out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back