Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're gonna make shit for them, we gotta start or go back to making shit for us. In the 90s, we were making movies for us that touched on the issues of the time, now it aint shit but tyler perry type films or wack ass comicbook flicks, black cinema has been trash for 15 years.
very true. 90s-early 2000s black film was at its peak.

some of the old black films were good too.

What comments?

The one where he said Pac and Big were wack?
no, the one where he said he's happy everyday. n got attacked by sexy mean ass joe budden for his damn happiness.

there r so many no talent white ppl in music, why is a no talent uber positive young black man a problem?

no, the one where he said he's happy everyday. n got attacked by sexy mean ass joe budden for his damn happiness.

there r so many no talent white ppl in music, why is a no talent uber positive young black man a problem?

That's my problem with people, point's aren't understood so they run with a false narrative.

He wasn't "attacking" the lil nigga cuz he said he was happy. He was saying that it's impossible to be living your life 24/7 with one emotion, so he was calling the nigga out for giving PC answers.

That's my problem with people, point's aren't understood so they run with a false narrative.

He wasn't "attacking" the lil nigga cuz he said he was happy. He was saying that it's impossible to be living your life 24/7 with one emotion, so he was calling the nigga out for giving PC answers.
So the kid is a little basic. so what? lots of people call themselves happy people without being happy every minute of the day.

all he said was that he experiences happiness every day. that doesnt take away range. he cld experience other emotions during that day but find the time/energy spent on them to be overpowered by the daily happiness he has.

how is "cars, clothes, money n hoes" a PC answer? its materialistic af and it puts women on par with literal things. he's a shallow kid, that's all.

A lot of yall favorite 90's "black" movies are just cliche action/romance/comedy films with a majority black cast, nothing wrong with that but I wouldn't call it the peak or golden age of black cinema.

What was the golden age/best era of black cinema?

So the kid is a little basic. so what? lots of people call themselves happy people without being happy every minute of the day.

all he said was that he experiences happiness every day. that doesnt take away range. he cld experience other emotions during that day but find the time/energy spent on them to be overpowered by the daily happiness he has.

how is "cars, clothes, money n hoes" a PC answer? its materialistic af and it puts women on par with literal things. he's a shallow kid, that's all.

It is PC when he repeated the question and asked him "so you're only happy?" and he said yes. It's a bs pc answer. Call him shallow, basic or w.e, but it is what it is.

That comment was bs, just like the Pac and Big one was, but u can suck his dick all u want.

they weren't considered cliche at the tiem, they were just authentic original plots and stories..

but they've been over done and copied so much, that it turned into a cliche by the time younger generations caught up..
but back in the day, movies like set it off, jason's lyric, love jones, the wood, best man, stella got her groove back, love and basketball, juice, fresh, menace 2 society, boyz n the hood, friday, belly, south central, soul food,

that shit was all original to us....we went to the movies and saw that shit in groups... shit was awesome.....

it may seem cliche now, but back then shit was hot bruh... a dope soundtrack would dominate the whole summer....

A lot of yall favorite 90's "black" movies are just cliche action/romance/comedy films with a majority black cast, nothing wrong with that but I wouldn't call it the peak or golden age of black cinema.
I like films like Black Orpheus but many from that era either didn't have an all black cast.. even the ones set in Africa, like the wonderful Something of Value (1957)

It is PC when he repeated the question and asked him "so you're only happy?" and he said yes. It's a bs pc answer. Call him shallow, basic or w.e, but it is what it is.

That comment was bs, just like the Pac and Big one was, but u can suck his dick all u want.
Typical Goldie.

I'll suck his redhead dick to spite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back