Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cursed the class out twice. Today he called my son stupid and told him to shut up. My son was trying to give someone a pencil who didn’t have one.
This brings up a good topic. While I think calling a child stupid is never right, the shut up part didnt really do anything for me.

So the question is how much leeway should a teacher have in punishing/chastising there students.
I know when I was in school all the way until 10th grade they could paddle us, then it was outlawed.
In my mom's day, the teacher had absolute authority over the kids.

This brings up a good topic. While I think calling a child stupid is never right, the shut up part didnt really do anything for me.

So the question is how much leeway should a teacher have in punishing/chastising there students.
I know when I was in school all the way until 10th grade they could paddle us, then it was outlawed.

They was paddling kids in Texas in the 2000's?!

It aint been a thing here since the 80's

I tell my students to shut up all the time but I mostly say it in a playful manner. But the way my son described it, nah. Don’t call my son stupid. You can say that shit in the comfort of your own home but you ain’t about to call him stupid in front of his peers especially just because you’re mad. We can run the fade at the school house.

Fam I was tryna explain this to niggaz when we had that convo about DNA to your kids

Experiment shows some memories are encoded in molecules that form part of an organism’s genetic machinery, researchers say.

Science may never know what wistful memories play on the mind of the California sea hare, a foot-long hermaphrodite marine snail, as it munches on algae in the shallow tide pools of the Pacific coast.

But in a new study, researchers claim to have made headway in understanding the simplest kind of memory a mollusc might form, and, with a swift injection, managed to transfer
such a memory from one sea snail to another.

Life does what man has yet to understand how to do.

Knowing this exists in "lesser" beings...

What implications xiuld tjis have on the topic of generational genetic mental damage from slavery?

They was paddling kids in Texas in the 2000's?!

It aint been a thing here since the 80's
Hell yeah. Parents could opt out and you would get in-school suspension.

They actually stopped doing it 11th grade.
There use to be assistant principle who would stand in the entrance hallway, and tell boys with there shirt untucked "Pull ova young man" give you a pop and you'd keep it moving.

I don't tell children to shut up

I say hush or be quiet

Shut up just sets an unnecessary aggressive tone

But that's just me

I tell my students to shut up all the time but I mostly say it in a playful manner. But the way my son described it, nah. Don’t call my son stupid. You can say that shit in the comfort of your own home but you ain’t about to call him stupid in front of his peers especially just because you’re mad. We can run the fade at the school house.
Like I said, the stupid is way too much.
Also be aware that you are taking the word from a 9yr old that was embraced publicly. He's perception of it might be slightly askew

Never got paddled pass the age of 5. Df kinda school you went to in Texas?
Northside shit I guess

Dead at ohmars assistant principal in the hallway like
bas.gif

Last edited:
Like I said, the stupid is way too much.
Also be aware that you are taking the word from a 9yr old that was embraced publicly. He's perception of it might be slightly askew

Northside shit I guess
Explain how an adult calling a child stupid can be skewed?
I work with children every day. Ain’t no nice way to say “you’re stupid.” And if you’re joking with a kid and saying “boy you stupid” they need to grow the fuck up.

Explain how an adult calling a child stupid can be skewed?
I work with children every day. Ain’t no nice way to say “you’re stupid.” And if you’re joking with a kid and saying “boy you stupid” they need to grow the fuck up.
Stop acting like "you're stupid" isnt too crazy. But like I said, he shouldnt be calling kids stupid.

we got paddled in middle school in Lake Charles....this was probably 2000

the alternative schools here would give us a choice when we fucked up.....call your mama/police/press charges (depending on what you did) OR take your licks.......I was in that looooong paddle line every time lol....anything from smokin in the bathroom to fighting to drawing on walls and shit

What else has he done
Called the whole class some jackasses. Told another student they always pissing him off and need to leave him alone. You a damn teacher what you mean leave me alone.

Now don’t get me wrong, I got a mouth on me. I know when to chill tho except one time.

Called the whole class some jackasses. Told another student they always pissing him off and need to leave him alone. You a damn teacher what you mean leave me alone.

Now don’t get me wrong, I got a mouth on me. I know when to chill tho except one time.
Yeah. He needs to be checked.

I bet you do :ohyea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back