Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that really apply though, because she claimed to be something she isn't? Or is that your definition? To claim to be something you aren't
She claimed something that wasn't hers and used it to her advantage. Another example is when Kim Kardashian was rocking braids and suddenly people said that's a "new" style that she created.

I think it's taking elements from a foreign or domestic culture without being respectful to the culture you're borrowing from (in this case stealing from). Some things are really sacred like native american headdresses and you've seen plenty of people wearing basically as a fashion accessory.

Of course appropriate cultures is how got basically every form of modern music, food, it's influenced political ideologies, movies, literature, etc. So..................
Ok...so where do you draw the line when being offended? Case and point - hip hop artist largely need more

than just the African American community to be as successful as they are. But I see some of accuse white

people of biting off the culture. Yet, if it didn't appeal to other cultures worldwide as it has, then we wouldn't

gain the success from it that we have. But we're not complaining about the money. So where is the line and

how far before its hypocrisy?

Y'all just don't know.

There's not too many feelings that are more gratifying than besting another in physical combat....

Its a legit high, and its awesome

And you get embarrassed when your son is rough with the church folk kids
I do a lot of shit I'd be embarrassed if my son did.

I'm a grown ass man, he turns 6 in a few weeks.

The same rules dont apply FAM

View attachment 9231

I'm sorry but lmaooooooooooooooooo
full

Ok...so where do you draw the line when being offended? Case and point - hip hop artist largely need more

than just the African American community to be as successful as they are. But I see some of accuse white

people of biting off the culture. Yet, if it didn't appeal to other cultures worldwide as it has, then we wouldn't

gain the success from it that we have. But we're not complaining about the money. So where is the line and

how far before its hypocrisy?
tumblr_oo9jzwoOax1r2pp2to1_500.gif

I can't say, I can see both sides of the argument, there's pros and cons. As you mentioned rap's popularity has exploded worldwide but with that you get the miley cyrus, katy perry, iggy azaela, post malone, types who come in and only use the genre to make themselves rich or stay relevant. How much are black artists making off of collabs idk, but it's an aspect glossed over in these discussions no doubt. Like, how much did T.I. make off of iggy after taking her under his wing and then helping her blow up, had to have been a grip.

I think once something becomes so big it's impossible to keep the vultures and opportunists out, it's just something that you have to deal with and at profit from it as much as you can, that strike it while it's hot. Cus at the end of the day, it's a career and it's all about the money in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back