Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have little girls and I would never tell them anything close to what you're saying. My wife would never allow

my girls to feel like a relaxer is needed to allow you to cope with society, because society doesn't define you. No

more than I would tell my sons that they need to drive naked to not get shot by racist police officers. Racist

police officers don't need a reason. I would hope that your opinion doesn't filter to whatever youth you have in

your life.

You're kind of getting what I'm saying. I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying why people do what they do. It's known natural hair just recently became embraced and a lot due to social media

I believe I may possibly have a blurred view...somebody please define "Cultural Appropriation" for me
when a member of a privileged group, namely white ppl, adopts the superficial characteristics of a culture they are not a part of and likely have a role in oppressing.

the debate is usually when it comes to distinguishing what is okay (cultural appreciation) n what is not okay (cultural appropriation).
Niggas really out here trying to terminate their parental rights like that's not dishonorable
idk, I think it's better than them keeping them despite not being in the picture or contributing, wldn't you think?

some absentee parents come out of the blue tryna take custody. voluntarily terminating rights prevents that.

Everyone does culture appropriation though, young black youth did it with the mafias image in da 90's up to now.

I mean appropriation is annoying and insulting, but black people waste to much time and energy on the wrong things

The hell...do you really believe that? A black woman putting relaxer in her hair is excuse for coping with what exactly?
Everyone does culture appropriation though, young black youth did it with the mafias image in da 90's up to now.

I mean appropriation is annoying and insulting, but black people waste to much time and energy on the wrong things

Wrong and wrong. Black people and black youth haven't systematically, culturally, economically or even medically oppressed other communities in the USA. Y'all are forgetting that is a key element of cultural appropriation. All adoption of another culture's traits doesn't = cultural appropriation.

Meaning I could go outside right now and buy an Indian sari, a German dirndl or a Spanish peineta and I wouldn't be practicing cultural appropriation. If I wore it in an inappropriate setting or while knowing nothing about it, I would be ignorant, but it would still not fall under cultural appropriation because I don't belong to a group that has oppressed any of those cultures that I'm wearing the clothing of.

call that what you will but the power dynamic means it doesn't fall under cultural appropriation, as much as white folks would love for it to - that's their main defense against cultural appropriation accusations. "why can't I wear a bindi when you wear jeans?".

cultural appropriation is about power and taking things as your own because you can, because it's stylish on you while it's "ghetto" on them, because it's exotic and pretty on you while it's "refusing to integrate" when it's on them. them being the Other. white people are not the Other.

Man i thought niggas was finna throw in on this stripper party but looking like nobody trying split it.

They must've heard that jay album

19624807_704259459761275_2116743682299265024_n.jpg

My daughter begged me to track down this white girl from twitch. Message her on instagram a DM pic of my daughter holding up a pic she drew of her.

Now my shit sincere cause I have no idea who this girl is. But I imagine mad niggaz use their kids to slide into the DM.

Feel like some thot:cry:

But it's for my lil baby

Understood. So would it have been acceptable for Kardashian to publicize the hairstyle but say where she got it from?
That's the difference. They don't say. I mean we know but props need to be given. It's bad because we call them cornrows and they go as far as to naming them something else as if they created it. Nah!

That's not whats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back