Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got two nodes that are combined at the cmts. Both nodes have low upstream snrs with no noise in the return spectrum. I disco one and the other still has low snrs.

Is there a chance that a bad pad at the cmts can cause the low snrs. Given that both nodes have already had their returns set, transmitters replaced. And receivers replaced at the hub site.

Or could it be something else?

I got two nodes that are combined at the cmts. Both nodes have low upstream snrs with no noise in the return spectrum. I disco one and the other still has low snrs.

Is there a chance that a bad pad at the cmts can cause the low snrs. Given that both nodes have already had their returns set, transmitters replaced. And receivers replaced at the hub site.

Or could it be something else?
If it's not at hub site and it's not the nodes at the customer site. And if you have check all connection and equipment at both sites. Then the only factor could be there's an issue between the lines leaving the hub to the customer site. I would ride the line out looking for issues with cable

Btw Coax is not my biggest forte fiber is more of my expertise just so you know. A fiber issue would be found by shooting it with an OTDR

My team came thru with the bday respect. I got two books the Souls of Black Folks and 12 angry men, two small bottles of crown and big bottles of Paul and cupcakes.

If it's not at hub site and it's not the nodes at the customer site. And if you have check all connection and equipment at both sites. Then the only factor could be there's an issue between the lines leaving the hub to the customer site. I would ride the line out looking for issues with cable

Btw Coax is not my biggest forte fiber is more of my expertise just so you know. A fiber issue would be found by shooting it with an OTDR

:scust1:

Lol...my job is such a mess. We got 7 hub sites, each hub site feeds at least 15 nodes per hub. Each node has the capacity to feed up to 250 customers. We have one head end that feeds to those hubs, and we have one headend tech...lol

He has a boss that's the hub engineer supervisor, that dude knows about this shit as much as I do. So when the headend tech goes on vacation, were essentially fucked in the field.

For all of that, we only have 6 network techs, including me in that 6. One dude just broke his ankle, and gone be out for weeks. One dude already had planned vacation during that time. One dude essentially gone be dedicated to fiber.

So we have 3 network techs to cover 6 hubs, that feed up to 300 nodes, that at least cover enough ground to provide service to over 200 homes.

Then on top of that, we only have 3 vet service techs, and 6 guys who just started who never done cable in their life.

I'm through wit this shit, I'm bout ready to leave this job cause it's a clusterfuck. Sat down wit the wife and explained I'm willing to take much less to do something less stressful and more meaningful.

She goes..take less?

I said yea..

She goes

View attachment 9180

Lol, so I guess I'm stuck

:cry:
welcome to the strippn game patna

Yall remember when I made this classic?

3MsFUoc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back