Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Birth Control Thread….we need to have a SERIOUS conversation about it:

How is it a surprise baby when you know you shot the club up?

Do I need to explain to you that there are plenty of men out here that trusted their longtime girlfriend, their long time wife about their birth control and got betrayed?

They skipping out on pills.

They poking hole through condoms.

Saving condoms and trying to get pregnant.

Agreed they didn't want any kids, but she refuse to take Plan B because she ain't ovulating.

A woman finds a decent, law abiding, prudent, responsible man and she want a baby, she gonna do what she need to do to secure the life she wants.

Lol, lot of motherfuckers are born that way and the man rolls with it. Motherfuckers need to go ask their father how they were conceived, 5 times outta 10, it was a trap in some way. Go ask their grandfathers how their parents was conceived.

My youngest brother was conceived when his momma was "taking the pill", she wasn't taking shit lol.

I wasn't gonna be that guy and that's why I ain't got no kids now, not too many men actually gonna say they ain't shit and ain't ever gonna be shit.

Bitch, I dropped outta school and lied to get where I am, I ain't even supposed to be living this good.

"Girl, I am the worst man you ever met. If you wanna be my baby momma, you must hate yourself and God."

Lotta men wanna play the good guy role, not me.

After that conversation, shorties were like, "Where's the condom? I ain't on the pill right now."

Last edited:
You can't put a standard on shit like this... People gonna live how they live

Alot of people live in the moment and think they have control when going without any protection
And birth control imo is not the best for your body, condoms really take away from the experience.

And the realization of a child is coming and what that means can either make you happy or sad. Mentally preparing for a child is different for a man, so maybe he gotta process everything

I wonder how many children were planned vs unplanned.

Alot of people live in the moment and think they have control when going without any protection
And birth control imo is not the best for your body, condoms really take away from the experience.

And the realization of a child is coming and what that means can either make you happy or sad. Mentally preparing for a child is different for a man, so maybe he gotta process everything

Most recent numbers got it at 36 percent.

10 years ago it was near 42 percent.

Lol these young people today ain't fucking like that, don't care to raise no kids like that and they eating that Plan B and taking the drive of shame to the clinic.

Background: Given the efficacy of most contraceptive options, it is of concern that most pregnancies in the United States are unplanned. Besides reducing the woman's and family's preparedness for parenting, unplanned pregnancies are at higher risk for inadequate prenatal care, perinatal morbidity, and significant postnatal problems. Little is known about the factors responsible for the high rates of unplanned pregnancy.

Methods: One hundred ten pregnant women were surveyed to examine factors relating contraception to unplanned pregnancy.

Results: Sixty-five percent of pregnancies were unplanned. There was a statistically significant association between having unplanned pregnancies and being single or divorced. Women who had planned their pregnancies tended to be more satisfied with contraceptives. In sexual encounters, women with unplanned pregnancies were more likely to use no contraception or to practice "withdrawal" or use condoms rather than hormonal contraception; to be influenced by their partner regarding birth control use; and to forget to use contraception.

Conclusions: All women of childbearing age who are sexually active can benefit from planning pregnancies. Counseling that accesses a woman's expectations regarding birth control, followed by a careful explanation of the side effects of a contraception choice, may reduce the rate of unplanned pregnancy. Counseling the male partner or sexually active men in contraceptive options may be equally important. Understanding factors that result in satisfaction with contraception may reduce unplanned pregnancies.

1705983302352.png

Duh.......

OK everyone,

A couple of things:
This isn’t about me. So let’s not be disrespectful.

Secondly, I had a conversation with a family member, and they dropped that their GF is now pregnant.

When I said “congratulations”, he didn’t look too happy. I asked why the long face, to which he said “I’m too old to be having kids at 40.”

I then asked him why wasn’t he guarding his seed, and he never answered it.

So…..where does this responsibility start to come in? At which point should birth control no longer be considered in a relationship, especially if a couple isn’t either married or even living together?
Not to detail the thread, but for surprised pregnancies do niggas be fucking thinking nothing will happen and be willfully ignorant and don't care or do they be genuinely surprised aka not the smartest?

I know some cases where folks be saying they can't get pregnant or shoot blanks or count cycles and shit, but I seen a TON of surprised pregnancies and they can't honestly answer why it wasn't planned.

Shit surprises me to this day. Like bro, you nutting in bitches, at least y'all do the plan b or something. Y'all gonna chance that shit won't happen?!?

Having kids isn't the issue

Being irresponsible is

I'm all for a woman's choice but I'm also for if a man tells you straight up he don't want any kids and you decide to keep the baby after finding out you're pregnant, then he should be able to sign away all rights to the child and you can't come after him for any type of support

🤷🏾‍♂️
My opinion on this has changed over the years. The whole "the guy is man enough to make a baby but ain't man enough to raise one" shit is very outdated and in this scenario I agree with AP. The decision HAS to be a joint decision for the sake of the child.

I'd rather have the experience lessened over being forced to experience fatherhood.

The neighborhood we lived in last in Vegas had waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many women like this. Kids outside barefoot in just a diaper in 110+ degree heat while momma is dressed like she going somewhere. They would be in the Von's grocery store down the way just like this too, except no coat on the kid. Just triflin' asses.

My opinion on this has changed over the years. The whole "the guy is man enough to make a baby but ain't man enough to raise one" shit is very outdated and in this scenario I agree with AP. The decision HAS to be a joint decision for the sake of the child.
Yet we don't teach young boys to selective with who they dip in. That are just as responsible about preventing pregnancy as women are. Many put the responsibility solely on the woman, which is crazy to me.

Yet we don't teach young boys to selective with who they dip in. That are just as responsible about preventing pregnancy as women are. Many put the responsibility solely on the woman, which is crazy to me.

Let's put it this way.

If someone told me I had the capability to grow a parasite inside of me for 9 months and it forcibly ejects from my body.

I would be on everything it takes to prevent the shit.

Lol, a lot of women think of children that way and had their damn tubes burned off at 27, been on birth control since 12.

They ain't taking no chances and they ain't gonna leave it up to a man to prevent a pregnancy.

Shit that would be my mindset, I wouldn't leave it up to another motherfucker about what my body is going to experience.

Lol, like I tell people all the time, nobody can give a fuck about you, feel responsible for you the way you can.

Why burden yourself with expectation, it only leads to regret.

Back