Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Angel Reese Thread

Don't know why the women gotta wait to jump to the wnba
Angel Reese isn't ready for the discipline and physicality of the wnba. She would get her shit pushed in cause she does nothing particularly great.

She wasn't even the best person in the title game last year. This isn't a slight to her at all but she really should've been in the gym this past summer improving her game and building chemistry with her new teammates... Oh, and doing her damn school work

Angel Reese isn't ready for the discipline and physicality of the wnba. She would get her shit pushed in cause she does nothing particularly great.

She wasn't even the best person in the title game last year. This isn't a slight to her at all but she really should've been in the gym this past summer improving her game and building chemistry with her new teammates... Oh, and doing her damn school work
I get it but last year she was at the peak and now she's fallen and other players have passed her up. Staying in school can be a detriment, can Angel bounce back we shall see.

HA! ok, dad.

I get it but last year she was at the peak and now she's fallen and other players have passed her up. Staying in school can be a detriment, can Angel bounce back we shall see.
She was at her peak for her personality, not her skillset which is why her profile was as high as it was

Her own teammate got cut by the team that drafted her not even a month after the draft

I mean not the first athlete to not gaf about school. Common as hell. Agree with gabi cuz she coulda just paid somebody for homework

:hahaha:

Ok, fair enough. Here's another one I was thinking about Yesterday:

DYNASTIES.

I'm sure you remember, like I did, when the League started in the mid-90s, the Houston Comets was running thangs like a Fat Fuck on a Treadmill. They won 4 consecutive Championships from '97-00, making that possible with Players such as Sheryl Swoopes (who dropped her Husband for a Woman later on, which HAD to be emasculating for the Brother), Tina Thompson (those Soup Coolers had a Bruddah entranced, I tells ya), and Cynthia Cooper (C-Dub was a cold piece of WORK on that Court). These Ladies definitely deserve a Seat in the (W)NBA Hall of Fame just off that alone. I haven't watched the WNBA, let alone the NBA, in AGES, so I don't know if any other Teams have had the same level of Success.

Dynasties don't always signify something good though. Sometimes a single team or athlete dominates because the competition is weak. Lebron and Wade worked to stack the deck with the Heat and win 4 ECFs in a row. They were good for sure, but that success was due as much to the fact that the Eastern Conference was weak at the time as it was to the quality of the team. After all they, didn't dominate the Finals those years. They lost two and came very close to losing a third if not for a timely shot by Ray Allen.

Dynasties don't always signify something good though. Sometimes a single team or athlete dominates because the competition is weak. Lebron and Wade worked to stack the deck with the Heat and win 4 ECFs in a row. They were good for sure, but that success was due as much to the fact that the Eastern Conference was weak at the time as it was to the quality of the team. After all they, didn't dominate the Finals those years. They lost two and came very close to losing a third if not for a timely shot by Ray Allen.
You say that about Allen Iverson run in the weak NBA east

Back