Welcome To aBlackWeb

The #ADOS Movement

I'm definitely annoyed by this #ados/tangibles bullshit. We consistently find new ways to get in our own way and then wonder why people outside of our community don't wanna help improve the system. We won't even help ourselves.

I don't need no fuckin checks from no one. My wife and I work our asses off and we're happy to do it. I just want a society that's gonna give my son a fair shake and ensure that future generations won't need a gas mask to go the grocery store.

If niggas wanna be dumbasses, and get Trump elected again, so be it. His faggot ass ain't gonna give no one no fuckin reparations either.

Here's the problem with that logic... whoever does actually win knows for a fact that you didn't vote for them so their attitude is gonna be "fuck you" regardless. In fact they're gonna do whatever it takes to keep your black ass from voting since that shit worked better than trying to get your vote in the first place.

It's one thing to say "if you don't meet my criteria I'm going to vote against you"- but to say "if I don't get exactly what I want I'm not going to vote at all" is just... I don't even know what to call that other than really poor logic and reasoning skills.

Yeah, all that got us was Kamala Harris and Cory Booker. Who the very same mfs spend 95% of their time bitchin' & complaining about

So what the hell has really changed????

Other than these guys Youtube subscribers getting bigger which equals $$$$$ for THEIR pockets ?

Yea I hear where yall three are coming from but I can also understand where the frustration with the Democratic and Republican parties not specifically prioritizing the issues within the Black community.

Yea I hear where yall three are coming from but I can also understand where the frustration with the Democratic and Republican parties not specifically prioritizing the issues within the Black community.

But this """frustration"" is coming from people who again are admittedly anti-voting and apolitical

Which is why this shit smells of being insidious and disingenuous

Majority of these fools are admittedly anti-voting and apolitical
but they are demanding to hold out on what they have historically claim is useless....voting

And some of you can't say the con here??

From the horse's mouth

But this """frustration"" is coming from people who again are admittedly anti-voting and apolitical

Which is why this shit smells of being insidious and disingenuous

Which "people"? The founders of #ADOS aren't anti voting.

Tariq definitely is but he doesn't speak for the whole movement.

Which "people"? The founders of #ADOS aren't anti voting.

Tariq definitely is but he doesn't speak for the whole movement.

Which goes back to my point of who can they point to and say THEY had power & influence to get this or that person elected.
And here is why you should listen to our demands...

They can't.

But we can pull up countless videos of them talking shit about, dragging and dogging out the very political party they are now trying to make demands of

Furthermore If the Democratic / Liberal are so bad, as claimed...why not go to the Republicans/Conservatives when they had controlled of all 3 branches of government????

Why wait until a Democrat run for high office???
Especially if ""Both parties are the same"".

Which goes back to my point of who can they point to and say THEY had power & influence to get this or that person elected.
And here is why you should listen to our demands...

They can't.

But we can pull up countless videos of them talking shit about, dragging and dogging out the very political party they are now trying to make demands of

With the likes of Steve King and Mark Meadows within the Republican Party it makes sense to voice our issues to the Democrats instead. I figure that's the logic the #ADOS movement is using.

Unique to ADOS:
Jim Crow
Redlining
War on Drugs
Mass incarceration

As I'm sure you know there has been a concentrated effort in this country's history to keep black folks at the bottom society.

Those are issues that are specific to black people and is what a bunch of black people want addressed by politicians.

I didn't ask you for a list of unique things that were done to DoS. I asked for unique problems facing blacks. Those things you listed are reasons certain problems affect blacks disproportionately, but those problems affect others too. For example Latins are victims of mass incarceration too.

Also, thethe Jim Crowe laws weren't limited to blacks and certainly not just DoS .

I didn't ask you for a list of unique things that were done to DoS. I asked for unique problems facing blacks. Those things you listed are reasons certain problems affect blacks disproportionately, but those problems affect others too. For example Latins are victims of mass incarceration too.

Also, thethe Jim Crowe laws weren't limited to blacks and certainly not just DoS .

Not anywhere close to the way we're affected by it.

US_Rates_2010.png

Bullshit. Sanders has been talking about policies that would benefit us for forever and clearly it still isn't enough.

It has to be catered specifically to us for it to matter apparently.

From what I have gathered, yes to the bold.

With the likes of Steve King and Mark Meadows within the Republican Party it makes sense to voice our issues to the Democrats instead. I figure that's the logic the #ADOS movement is using.

But even that shouldn't matter if both parties (inherently) the same...

Not anywhere close to the way we're affected by it.

View attachment 116488

You're basically making my point for me. You just gave evidence that blacks are hurt far more by the corrupt judicial system than any other race. So if Bernie or some other progressive candidate fixes that system, guess what, they will have helped black people far more than they helped any other race. This is what ya'll aren't seeing. Ya'll are dismissing him because he's not coming out and saying "We're doing this for black people" and ignoring the fact that, as he pointed out in the interview, almost everything he's trying to fix in this country is something that does more damage to black people than it does to anyone else.

No, they aren't. People have to stop saying this. Both parties are corrupt, but the Republicans are demonstrably many times worse than the Democrats in every way. At this point, the Republicans are straight up monsters with some of the shit they do and stand for.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
I personally don't believe that both parties are the same when it comes to certain policies obviously. All I'm doing is explaining what I think Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore are trying to convey when they created the hashtag.
You're basically making my point for me. You just gave evidence that blacks are hurt far more by the corrupt judicial system than any other race. So if Bernie or some other progressive candidate fixes that system, guess what, they will have helped black people far more than they helped any other race. This is what ya'll aren't seeing. Ya'll are dismissing him because he's not coming out and saying "We're doing this for black people" and ignoring the fact that, as he pointed out in the interview, almost everything he's trying to fix in this country is something that does more damage to black people than it does to anyone else.

What's so hard about coming out and saying this? Rhetorical because I know the answer but this is the reason why the hashtag was created in the first place.

"For native black Americans I will propose a bill to Congress that will begin the process for reparations for the decendants of American slaves." That's all they gotta say. Marianne Williamson had the balls to say it.

I personally don't believe that both parties are the same when it comes to certain policies obviously. All I'm doing is explaining what I think Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore are trying to convey when they created the hashtag.

What's so hard about coming out and saying this? Rhetorical because I know the answer but this is the reason why the hashtag was created in the first place.

"For native black Americans I will propose a bill to Congress that will begin the process for reparations for the decendants of American slaves." That's all they gotta say. Marianne Williamson had the balls to say it.

Not every politician believes its the right thing to do or the thing that should be a priority. Bernie, for example, is pushing for a number of big policy changes like universal healthcare, criminal justice reform, and free college. It will be hard for him to get all that done to be honest. Why would you want him to lie and say he's going to fight for reparations, when he believes those other things are more important and would be a bigger help blacks along with everybody else right now?

Besides, even when the politicians do say it, ya'll niggas still complain. In this very topic, someone was bitching because Pelosi said they were going to conduct a study on how reparations would work. Now, I don't trust Nancy Pelosi to do shit that would help us. That said, if she was a trustworthy person, that's exactly what you'd want to hear. Congress would not push something like reparations without first coming up with a realistic plan.

Not every politician believes its the right thing to do or the thing that should be a priority. Bernie, for example, is pushing for a number of big policy changes like universal healthcare, criminal justice reform, and free college. It will be hard for him to get all that done to be honest. Why would you want him to lie and say he's going to fight for reparations, when he believes those other things are more important and would be a bigger help blacks along with everybody else right now?

Besides, even when the politicians do say it, ya'll niggas still complain. In this very topic, someone was bitching because Pelosi said they were going to conduct a study on how reparations would work. Now, I don't trust Nancy Pelosi to do shit that would help us. That said, if she was a trustworthy person, that's exactly what you'd want to hear. Congress would not push something like reparations without first coming up with a realistic plan.

I hear ya but Bernie gotta a real problem when it comes to reaching out to black folks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/17/us/politics/bernie-sanders-black-voters-outreach.html

A lot of us, not saying you or I, need to be talked to specifically when it comes to policies affecting us.

I hear ya but Bernie gotta a real problem when it comes to reaching out to black folks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/17/us/politics/bernie-sanders-black-voters-outreach.html

A lot of us, not saying you or I, need to be talked to specifically when it comes to policies affecting us.

Well I do agree he needs to put more into reaching out to Blacks. I think he recognizes that, but maybe not. His visible annoyance with the reparations questions is not a good sign. I mean I can understand him not wanting to deal with the question, but at the same time if he knows it's something people care about, he has to take it seriously.

Back