Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's complaining?? I'm stating facts.

Legal immigrants. The only reason why the current democrats want them regardless of legality is so they can have they votes eventually.

And who is this "we" that you speak of?? My family (and I'm sure a lot of others) "didn't migrate" here. We were either already here if you know your history or we were brought here.

100% accurate with this one.

This will be due to democrats tho.

Oh! So since it's a black woman using them to get in office, then it's okay.

Um no. The problem is what I've already mentioned in my first post. More racism. Which is even more of a headache on top of what we already had w/ orange-man and his good ol' boys. Wise up man. Don't be fooled just because a politician has the (D) in front of their name.
Ok, of course “we” aren’t immigrants, but I was talking about America in general, and the statement is true.

Legality is based on who’s writing the laws. Shit changes all the time.

The racism of the immigrants will be there regardless if who’s in office. A politician can’t make them not be racist. And I’m not going to paint all Hispanic immigrants as racist. I don’t know many personally, but doing so is exactly what we dislike about how white people have painted us.

Plus, I just don’t see how tearing down a black woman to make a point about how racist Hispanics are is needed.

And pandering to a growing demographic for votes has gone on as long as there have been elected governments. I’m sure the same motivation was in play when we got the right to vote.

What’s the problem with a black woman using them to get in office?

To break down your post, they're not all Mexicans either. A lot of them coming from Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and yes some are from Mexico. They coming from

Mexico Finally Recognized Its Black Citizens, But That’s Just The Beginning

Last month, for the first time ever, the Mexican government recognized its 1.38 million citizens of African descent in a national survey. The survey served as a preliminary count before the 2020 national census, where “black” will debut as an official category.

Brisa Solis, CONAPRED’s communications director, said its main goal in 2016 is to translate the results of the INEGI census survey into better race-related public policies. In November, INEGI sought representatives from black and indigenous communities to help inform their policy decisions, and acknowledged that “racial discrimination persists in our country against blacks.”

Don't forget this problem either

‘Mejorar la Raza’: An Example of Racism in Latino Culture

‘Mejorar la raza’ is a common phrase used in Latin American countries, which means ‘improve the race.’ It implies that you should marry or have children with a whiter person so you’ll have better-looking kids. The phrase is used by people of any race without much thought. A year ago, a Facebook post by a Latina living in Europe started a heated argument about the history of whitewashing in Latin America. She said ‘mejorar la raza’ to justify the massive rape of Indigenous women by European colonizers. A few hours later, the girl erased the post and dismissed it as a joke. I like to hope she felt embarrassed after being called a racist on social media.

As a child, I heard my aunt asking my cousin to break up with the girl he was dating because he should ‘mejorar la raza’. Her biggest concern seemed to be the girl’s Afro-Latino heritage, “You don’t want to bring ugly kids into the world. What if you have a girl and she comes out with pelo malo?” My aunt thought she was talking some sense into her son. After all, “pelo malo” literally translates to ‘bad hair’ but it really means ‘afro-textured hair.’ She didn’t think she was being racist or mean-spirited, she thought it was her duty to point out how hard her imaginary granddaughter’s life will be if she inherited her mom’s curls.

And most def. don't forget this problem (which is just one example)

Mexico murder rate reaches new high as violence rages amid Covid-19 spread

Mexico’s homicide rate raced to a new record in March, as violence raged even as Covid-19 spread across the country and authorities urged the population to stay home and practise social distancing.

Mexico registered 2,585 homicides in March – the highest monthly figure since records began in 1997 – putting 2020 on track to break last year’s record total for murders.

The bloodshed has hit shocking levels in the city of Ceyala – home to a major automotive manufacturing plant – with gunmen engaging security forces in shootouts, blockading streets and torching businesses.

Francisco Rivas, director of the National Citizen Observatory, which monitors security issues, attributed the increasing violence in Guanajuato to the fallout of the federal government trying to stamp out petrol theft.

I think it's fair to say Kemp's the better option to keep this nonsense off our backs.

Ok, of course “we” aren’t immigrants, but I was talking about America in general, and the statement is true.

That's why I asked, you. Because you needed to clarify that.

The racism of the immigrants will be there regardless if who’s in office. A politician can’t make them not be racist. And I’m not going to paint all Hispanic immigrants as racist. I don’t know many personally, but doing so is exactly what we dislike about how white people have painted us.

But we don't need to make what racism we already got worse tho!

I don't know what type of time you on, but one knee (Caucasian) on my neck is bad enough. What I don't need is the Caucasian's knee on my neck, the Mexican's knee on my neck, the Honduran's knee on my neck, the Guatemalan's knee on my neck and so on and so forth. You act as if you have no interpretation of moving from the frying pan into the fire. Do you even know the value of that statement??

Duh all Hispanics ain't racist. I not finna take my chances either just because you want a black woman in office who's gonna bring em over here.

Plus, I just don’t see how tearing down a black woman to make a point about how racist Hispanics are is needed.

Once again. Who's complaining or tearing down someone??! I'm stating facts.

What?? Just because I choose to research the candidate that is the better option for me makes me "tear down" the other one??!

And pandering to a growing demographic for votes has gone on as long as there have been elected governments. I’m sure the same motivation was in play when we got the right to vote.

Man please. Pandering has been going on even before I was born. Thing is we ain't illegal aliens.

That motivation you speaking of was toward another citizen. Not a whole illegal.

That's why I asked, you. Because you needed to clarify that.

But we don't need to make what racism we already got worse tho!

I don't know what type of time you on, but one knee (Caucasian) on my neck is bad enough. What I don't need is the Caucasian's knee on my neck, the Mexican's knee on my neck, the Honduran's knee on my neck, the Guatemalan's knee on my neck and so on and so forth. You act as if you have no interpretation of moving from the frying pan into the fire. Do you even know the value of that statement??

Duh all Hispanics ain't racist. I not finna take my chances either just because you want a black woman in office who's gonna bring em over here.

Once again. Who's complaining or tearing down someone??! I'm stating facts.

What?? Just because I choose to research the candidate that is the better option for me makes me "tear down" the other one??!

Man please. Pandering has been going on even before I was born. Thing is we ain't illegal aliens.

That motivation you speaking of was toward another citizen. Not a whole illegal.
But we weren’t a citizen either in the eyes of the law. Maybe at the point we got voting rights, but not for the 400 years prior.

Look, if somehow granting illegal aliens legal status leads to them somehow becoming a alt-white racist majority, then you got it. Yes we need to prevent that. I’m just not seeing the pathway to that reality.

But we weren’t a citizen either in the eyes of the law. Maybe at the point we got voting rights, but not for the 400 years prior.

Look, if somehow granting illegal aliens legal status leads to them somehow becoming a alt-white racist majority, then you got it. Yes we need to prevent that. I’m just not seeing the pathway to that reality.

Yeah ok. I'm not finna go back and forward w/ you on this even tho I posted the articles on they anti-black racism already.

Tell ya what, just know you got your forewarning. Now when you finally realize this is what you were supporting all along and there is no stopping nor turning around from what you let in the country. Biden already told you all that. Just gonna have to experience 1st hand what I tried to keep you away from. Just let em all in. Every last one of em.

I'll agree to disagree. Next....

Yeah ok. I'm not finna go back and forward w/ you on this even tho I posted the articles on they anti-black racism already.

Tell ya what, just know you got your forewarning. Now when you finally realize this is what you were supporting all along and there is no stopping nor turning around from what you let in the country. Biden already told you all that. Just gonna have to experience 1st hand what I tried to keep you away from. Just let em all in. Every last one of em.

I'll agree to disagree. Next....
Better question, what are you going to do with this knowledge you have. Knowledge without action is just that, knowledge.

This is my frustration with people that post these types of things. A lot of pointing out issues but never suggesting any solutions.

I guess you’d say to no longer vote for Democrats. So vote for Republicans? It’s clear where they stand with us, and that threat is immediate.

3rd party candidate or progressive. The former doesn’t have a chance and the latter won’t do what it takes to get enough support to win.

What’s the path forward?

Biden was down here in ATL on a campaign stop for Ossoff/Warnock......I wonder when or if Obama will campaign in Georgia for Senate race

AMPLE

Not surprising tho

immigrant is basically a racial slur for central and south American latinos now...mainly Mexican

Like I get it their are many racist redneck latinos and they have racism all over Latin America. But immigrants also included de Jamaicans West Indies Africa and etc. Then we gonna forget all the black latinos one who made the forum. And a lot of times folks want us to be sketchy of Mexicans because of LA shit. Or some story about some random Dominicans. But the only group I can’t trust is white folks. And yes that includes white immigrants. But I mean how many times we hear about a Mexican cop gunning us down? I ain’t saying we gotta trust them but being anti immigrant without distinction seems off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back