Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the non voters are just vehemetly opposed to the national election

I would hope they participate in their local and state elections which most assuredly has a direct effect on their everyday life

that's part of what I was trying to understand...

Some are pretty discerning with who they vote for and take a hard stance that if ALL of their requirements aren't met... then the vote has not been earned...hence no vote

Some are a bit more pragmatic(imo) and make the best of what is in front of them..

Some think voting overall is a waste...

I was just trying to get a better understanding on where folks stood lol

I cant speak for anyone else but myself but I dont think it's about dictating someone else's actions...

I've said in here plenty of times... While I dont agree with those that choose not to vote... that's ultimately yall decision to make. I would hope at the very least if someone doesn't want to vote for president they would vote for the others on the ballot... cuz its still important imo.

Nah not everyone. This thread exploded since yesterday so obviously there is discussion going on.

Everyone in here has some type of motive for posting what they post.

Me... im trying to get insight into how folks that dont want to vote AT ALL or for anything are thinking...

I come from a viewpoint that voting matters even when both options are varying degrees of shitty... which is why I engage with those posters that aint tryna vote.. to get a better understanding and trying to find some kind of middle ground.

I realize tho with some folks... there is no middle ground to be had
I respect that. But u gotta admit mfs shoving vote or die down mfs throats no one telling anyone to not vote.

I respect that. But u gotta admit mfs shoving vote or die down mfs throats no one telling anyone to not vote.

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides.

lol you got folks from one side saying if someone decides to be pragmatic and make a decision to vote based on what's in front of them they're "conditioned"

Then the other side saying that folks that dont want to vote are complaining to just complain and are offering nothing in the way of alternatives (I'm guilty of doing some of that shit myself several times in this thread alone)

That being said... there's gotta be some common ground here... that's the only point I was tryna make

The craziest thing about black people and progressives pushing hard for Warren and Sanders is that Elizabeth Warren was a Republican all the way up until she was 44 years old!!!!!!!

Bernie Sanders is not a Democrat at all and he does not champion black people. He puts economics over black people entirely in his politics. I mean of all the progressives to lean on why these two?

I don't know about the Warren camp but I was rolling with Sanders cause he was the only one pushing for Student loan forgiveness and other issues affecting my generation. I can see why he wouldn't be appealling to older generations but I vote for those who speak to my issues. Sanders been the best pick for me last two elections. Warren was a consolation prize if I couldnt get Sanders.

As for championing black folks part; I don't think we will ever get a champion but someone whose agenda happens to line up with our own. We'll never see the day when a politician pushes for police reform based on BLM. closest we'll get is a law that hold police more accountable for wrong doings.

there's gotta be some common ground here... that's the only point I was tryna make
Common ground gotta be voting locally I guess.

Before candidates even show up on the establishment radar

But mfs gotta stop acting like voting alone is doing something bc many ppl will vote blindly by party, not hold them accountable, then bitch at the non voters. "Yea but at least I voted"

Yet here we are

Common ground gotta be voting locally I guess.

Before candidates even show up on the establishment radar

But mfs gotta stop acting like voting alone is doing something bc many ppl will vote blindly by party, not hold them accountable, then bitch at the non voters. "Yea but at least I voted"

Yet here we are

Agreed. Holding elected officials accountable. local especially.. imo is by far the biggest take-away here.

It's not enough to just vote.. gotta hold these folks feet to the fire and apply pressure so they dont get comfortable and think they have a lifelong job without doing shit for the people that put them in their position

I dont even need to watch any debates or press conferences to know whats going to be said. Biden is just gunna restate the same talking points he always does about us needing leadership, Trump dividing us, and him bringing hope & leadership if hes elected. Kamala is just gunna trash them on the dumb shit they've said/done, thats we've already trashed them for. And Trump is just gunna ramble conspiracies off the top of his head to scare his base into spreading more lies to promote him. At this point I feel no one is undecided, everyone knows who they're going to vote for.

I dont even need to watch any debates or press conferences to know whats going to be said. Biden is just gunna restate the same talking points he always does about us needing leadership, Trump dividing us, and him bringing hope & leadership if hes elected. Kamala is just gunna trash them on the dumb shit they've said/done, thats we've already trashed them for. And Trump is just gunna ramble conspiracies off the top of his head to scare his base into spreading more lies to promote him. At this point I feel no one is undecided, everyone knows who they're going to vote for.

I'm always surprised at all the so-called "undecided" voters that wait until damn near Election Day to make a decision. I'll never understand folks like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back