Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it might seem like generic campaign fodder but we can't just dismiss it when the opposition doesn't have anything close you know what I'm saying?

Also you have to look around Joe Biden. Kamala Harris, Julian Casto, Beto, Mayor Booty, Warren, Bernie, AOC, Cory Booker will all have prominent roles in his Administration. That's a good mix of young and progressive and different races of people right there and that's just the tip. Think about the positive impact having a real experienced like Joe Biden will have for America on the world stage. The rest of the world don't really fuck with us right now and rather niggas wanna hear it or not that shit is a burden for all of us.

I don't think we should hang onto every word during the campaign but we do need to be aware of some of the moves he intends to make.
You're dropping a lot of names that got passed over for Biden. Also, not sure why you're even mentioning people like Beto, AOC, Castro. What have they ever done?

Since the primaries, Biden has been protected and carried. But to win over those of us old enough to remember Senator Biden, and not the old fool hidden as VP, we need more than just campaign websites. So I do get where you're coming form, but you need to chill and also see where those with reservations are at too. I've heard the promises before, but it's hard to believe any of them coming from Biden.

You're dropping a lot of names that got passed over for Biden. Also, not sure why you're even mentioning people like Beto, AOC, Castro. What have they ever done?

Since the primaries, Biden has been protected and carried. But to win over those of us old enough to remember Senator Biden, and not the old fool hidden as VP, we need more than just campaign websites. So I do get where you're coming form, but you need to chill and also see where those with reservations are at too. I've heard the promises before, but it's hard to believe any of them coming from Biden.

Wait? You think Biden still needs to win over older black folks? That's his strongest base. If anything he needs more support from younger voters. Did you miss what happened in South Carolina. The older black voter base fucks with Joe Biden heavy.

You know I see the point of this post

I get it.

Its also painfully obvious as I stated before

that it seems we either dont know how...or just flat out wont play the game of politics like every other special interest group does

until we are really ready to get in the trenches and start buying our political power like every other group

we will always be overlooked

It's right there on the site you posted. I opened up his so called agenda for black community, then opened up several other community agenda and compared them side by side.

Check it out for yourself

I already dropped some. I want you to post the ones you have an issue with and we can debate those. It would be better for all of us to see specifically what you are talking about since specifics for black people has been a huge talking point here.

How about this. Find one of those agendas that you see for black people that you think is bullshit and post it and compare it to one from another community.

Stop being scared of what Republicans are gonna do. We know they are a shady death cult of people. They don't need to be feared though.
I ain't scared of the republicans but if democrats simply get rid of trump without materially addressing the problems that led to him in power in the first place someone is simply just gonna make his white nationalist rhetoric more appealing to the masses. This country is in a Weimar republic phase and it could easily tilt one way or the other depending on the actions (or inactions) of a Biden Administration.

And it came after an Axios report that painted Harris as the candidate that most of Trump's own aides and campaign staff wanted him to face off the least.

A Trump aide told Axios that Harris was the person that he least wanted Biden to pick.

The aide said that other candidates would be easier to turn Trump supporters against. Some Trump already had nicknames for, like "'Communist Karen' Bass or "'Spyin' Susan' Rice."

Axios said: "Very few, if any, of Trump's top political advisers were rooting for Biden to pick Harris."

I ain't scared of the republicans but if democrats simply get rid of trump without materially addressing the problems that led to him in power in the first place someone is simply just gonna make his white nationalist rhetoric more appealing to the masses. This country is in a Weimar republic phase and it could easily tilt one way or the other depending on the actions (or inactions) of a Biden Administration.

I think they know this.

Wait? You think Biden still needs to win over older black folks? That's his strongest base. If anything he needs more support from younger voters. Did you miss what happened in South Carolina. The older black voter base fucks with Joe Biden heavy.
Welp, i guess he doesn't need to win over my vote then. I thought we were talking about Biden's past and how some of us are having a problem voting for him because of it. But if we're all just a "base", my individual ass not voting should matter then, right? No need to address the crime bills he pushed. Or his resistance to desegregation, or his pushing of the Iraq War. Biden can go back to ignoring us

Welp, i guess he doesn't need to win over my vote then. I thought we were talking about Biden's past and how some of us are having a problem voting for him because of it. But if we're all just a "base", my individual ass not voting should matter then, right? No need to address the crime bills he pushed. Or his resistance to desegregation, or his pushing of the Iraq War. Biden can go back to ignoring us

I'm addressing that you are speaking from his most loyal voter base. You yourself as an older black person are apart of that voter base. You and some others specifically may still have an issue voting for him but the data shows that the majority of your voting block (older black people) are already onboard with him.

And you can still address those issues you have with him. Don't let me or anybody else silence your critiques.

My question to you is this. Do you think Joe Biden has changed at all since that crime bill?

I'm addressing that you are speaking from his most loyal voter base. You yourself as an older black person are apart of that voter base. You and some others specifically may still have an issue voting for him but the data shows that the majority of your voting block (older black people) are already onboard with him.

And you can still address those issues you have with him. Don't let me or anybody else silence your critiques.

My question to you is this. Do you think Joe Biden has changed at all since that crime bill?
Nah, I don't think he's changed since the crime bills. He said just last year that he didn't even regret it. Biden didn't just sign this shit, he championed and wrote it. It's hard to live through the 90's, and then 20+ years later see people acting like Biden is for us, just doesn't wash. Same as those who stood by Bloomberg and said he was for us.

At the very least, he needs to own up and really set a path to fix the mess he helped create. But dude's been hiding behind surrogates the whole election cycle. Contrast this with Obama, who worked 24/7, and went all 50 states to those with doubts about him. And yeh, I see the website, but actions and in person words need to be married to website print. He has alot to answer for.

Nah, I don't think he's changed since the crime bills. He said just last year that he didn't even regret it. Biden didn't just sign this shit, he championed and wrote it. It's hard to live through the 90's, and then 20+ years later see people acting like Biden is for us, just doesn't wash. Same as those who stood by Bloomberg and said he was for us.

At the very least, he needs to own up and really set a path to fix the mess he helped create. But dude's been hiding behind surrogates the whole election cycle. Contrast this with Obama, who worked 24/7, and went all 50 states to those with doubts about him. And yeh, I see the website, but actions and in person words need to be married to website print. He has alot to answer for.

In your opinion what can he specifically do?

1597267282233.png
Has anybody answered yet what people expect to get out of posts like this? As if Kamala's history isn't well known and publicized at this point? Is the point to get people to not vote for her and Biden? Is it to get people to not vote at all? What exactly is the end game at this point by denigrating her and sounding like Fox News pundits? Also...this same smoke is rarely there for the right. You'd think with all the fucked up shit Trump and Pence have done in the past 4 years you would also see the left criticizing them, but right now it's a battle of people trying to make the best hot take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back