Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao I kno' you guys are lackin' ideas but surely you can do more than attack the people who actually do have plans to better the black condition
What are you talking about?

Who has plans? What are the plans?

You made the claim now back it up with proof. I'll wait..

Voters vote more on promises than on track record of said candidates. What happens when that person is elected can become something completely different altogether. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Voters vote for all types of reasons my dude. Some vote on promise and some vote on track record but the bottom line is that is how elected officials get put into office. By voting. Politicians do not just get born into political seats. So before you say anything negative about a politician take a look into how they got into their seat in the first place. No once you find out how they got into their seats ask yourself what you can do and what we can do to change that?

You ever notice how in sports when a team is doing bad the coach gets fired or players get traded or cut? Why? Because sports is a bottom line business and when business ain't booming and the people don't like the product the ones in positions of authority have to make decisions that usually coincide with what the people want. It's sort of like the people who most effect the bottom line (fans, investors, boosters) have a lot of influence on who gets put into influential positions. It's the same shit in politics. If the people don't actually exercise their right to be heard which is voting, then those in influential positions will not listen to them.

So vote.

How many people positing on this board were adults when the crime bill was signed? For all the talk about Joe Biden and The Clintons and the crime bill I'd like to hear about it from black people who were adults at the time it was signed. I'm only 32. I was 6 when the crime bill was signed. It's easy for me to look back retroactively and complain about the negative impact the crime bill had on our community but I was 6 when it was signed. I want to know what the black people who were adults felt like about it.

I'd also like to add that I had a few crackheads in my family that lived with me at the time the crime bill was signed. These relatives were strung out. Would be gone for weeks at a time lost to the streets. Crack hit our communities hard. Yes I know that we didn't put it there. I know what the war on drugs was really about. I'm just acknowledging that regardless how those drugs got into our hoods and who started the crime waves it was real. So 32 year old me can't argue completely about what our communities needed. I want to know what some of the ol heads remember about our communities when the crime bill was signed.

Voters vote for all types of reasons my dude. Some vote on promise and some vote on track record but the bottom line is that is how elected officials get put into office. By voting. Politicians do not just get born into political seats. So before you say anything negative about a politician take a look into how they got into their seat in the first place. No once you find out how they got into their seats ask yourself what you can do and what we can do to change that?

You ever notice how in sports when a team is doing bad the coach gets fired or players get traded or cut? Why? Because sports is a bottom line business and when business ain't booming and the people don't like the product the ones in positions of authority have to make decisions that usually coincide with what the people want. It's sort of like the people who most effect the bottom line (fans, investors, boosters) have a lot of influence on who gets put into influential positions. It's the same shit in politics. If the people don't actually exercise their right to be heard which is voting, then those in influential positions will not listen to them.

So vote.
That all sounds good. But now imagine the White House run by the Bulls front office.

"riight"

Saying we should not vote for the presented candidates but instead vote for who is going to help you when one of the candidates is clearly trying to hurt you is quite the mental anti voting gymnastics.

If my choice was to not vote or vote against the person who is actively trying to hurt me I'm going to vote against the person who is actively trying to hut me.

:ualreadyknow:
"Actively trying to hurt me"

*chooses "Top Cop" with anti black record as vp*

But they're not actively trying to hurt you huh?

Dense af, my nigga

That all sounds good. But now imagine the White House run by the Bulls front office.

"riight"

And imagine ignoring why the people who voted them in there put them there. If you don't like what you see voting is how you change it. there is no running from that fact. No matter how much people kick, scream, and complain, it won't change the fact that voting matters.

You're posting clickbait from The Hill as if people who actually read don't understand what that is. You have to be a little stronger that that kiddo.
What?????

You just said Biden is not actively try to hurt you then I posted proof that says otherwise

Folks are trying to DEfund the police and Biden is trying to do the opposite...is that in YOUR BEST INTEREST Marlo?

Let me tell you something.. I hate republicans and maga and if they ever said this to me in person I would beat the shit out of one of them.... but when they say "get off the democratic Plantation" you're exactly who they're talking about

Zombified

How many people positing on this board were adults when the crime bill was signed? For all the talk about Joe Biden and The Clintons and the crime bill I'd like to hear about it from black people who were adults at the time it was signed. I'm only 32. I was 6 when the crime bill was signed. It's easy for me to look back retroactively and complain about the negative impact the crime bill had on our community but I was 6 when it was signed. I want to know what the black people who were adults felt like about it.

I'd also like to add that I had a few crackheads in my family that lived with me at the time the crime bill was signed. These relatives were strung out. Would be gone for weeks at a time lost to the streets. Crack hit our communities hard. Yes I know that we didn't put it there. I know what the war on drugs was really about. I'm just acknowledging that regardless how those drugs got into our hoods and who started the crime waves it was real. So 32 year old me can't argue completely about what our communities needed. I want to know what some of the ol heads remember about our communities when the crime bill was signed.
Screenshot_20200812-105144.png
No other details were given about dude but it's crazy that the new candidates are tied to the same exact shit

nigga we are still dealing with the consequences of the crime bill lmaoooo

“i cant argue what communities needed so lets go ahead and take a chance on whoever and see what sticks”

say man, you suck!

Last edited:
And imagine ignoring why the people who voted them in there put them there. If you don't like what you see voting is how you change it. there is no running from that fact. No matter how much people kick, scream, and complain, it won't change the fact that voting matters.
Bruh I get all this I really do.

But there is a reason a ton of the population feels disengaged. 2016 is the poster child for that.

58% of the eligible voting population voted.

Since the year 2000 54-62% of the population voted every election.

It's like saying since the voting population is the majority y'all are to blame for where we're at right now.

And y'all would scoff at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back