Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what exactly will he be saying in the bold and how will he contrast himself against Biden's record? Trump can bring up Biden's record until he's blue in the face but without the ability to contrast himself against it, what does he truly gain and how effective can that truly be?

Trump is not held to the same standards as Joe Biden.
Trump is not pretending to be a stand up guy.

Joe Biden is.

Your theory has actually been tested before. Were you living in America for the 2016 Presidential election?

And LOL at context being an excuse.

I claimed that his approval ratings rose recently - even during his horrible handling of the crisis.

They did. I am happy to provide you “proof” but it is common knowledge.

Your rebuttal was that they recently dipped. Ok
That actually proves my point.

Trumps approval rating has risen and dipped throughout his presidency - even during this terrible crisis.

You see that as a warning sign.

I look at historical context and view that as typical behavior.

I know “words” don’t mean much to you in the midst of a conversation (go figure).

But this logic seems sound enough to me.

I agree that Covid could hurt Trump in the long run.

But his approval rating has actually increased and I believe the last I checked 60% of Americans approved of his covid response. Sixty Percent.

Your initial statement. You can twist it and turn it all you want but it's simply not true as of the day you made the claims. It's really that simple.

But again, it is what it is. I'm not here to change your opinion.

Trump is not held to the same standards as Joe Biden.
Trump is not pretending to be a stand up guy.

Joe Biden is.

Your theory has actually been tested before. Were you living in America for the 2016 Presidential election?

I don't know if you realize it but you didn't actually answer my question. But it's all good. It is what it is.

Your initial statement. You can twist it and turn it all you want but it's simply not true as of the day you made the claims. It's really that simple.

But again, it is what it is. I'm not here to change your opinion.

Errr yeah - his approval ratings DID go up... I just said that.
And it recently dipped - like in the last few days.

And this pattern has played out for four years.

Not sure what you are trying to prove. But okay.

I don't know if you realize it but you didn't actually answer my question. But it's all good. It is what it is.

You said -

“So what exactly will he be saying in the bold and how will he contrast himself against Biden's record? Trump can bring up Biden's record until he's blue in the face but without the ability to contrast himself against it, what does he truly gain and how effective can that truly be?

I just thoroughly explained why Trump doesn’t have to “contrast himself”, and how in fact he defeated a superior candidate to Biden in 2016 without having to contrast himself - thereby blowing a hole through your entire premise.

You subsequently claim that “I didn’t actually answer your question”

Do you expect me to explain “what exactly Trump will say” in order to answer your question?

Do you hear yourself?

Errr yeah - his approval ratings DID go up... I just said that.
And it recently dipped - like in the last few days.

And this pattern has played out for four years.

Not sure what you are trying to prove. But okay.

You said -

“So what exactly will he be saying in the bold and how will he contrast himself against Biden's record? Trump can bring up Biden's record until he's blue in the face but without the ability to contrast himself against it, what does he truly gain and how effective can that truly be?

I just thoroughly explained why Trump doesn’t have to “contrast himself”, and how in fact he defeated a superior candidate to Biden in 2016 without having to contrast himself - thereby blowing a hole through your entire premise.

You subsequently claim that “I didn’t actually answer your question”

Do you expect me to explain “what exactly Trump will say” in order to answer your question?

Do you hear yourself?

What does 2016 have to do with the price of tea in China? Unless your claim is that he successfully used Hillary's political record to defeat her. If that is what you're saying, you don't understand that he now has a 4 year political record that he didn't have then? He was able to sell dreams then. He must be able to put up his records in contrast to Joe's to effectively use Joe's history against him.

This isn't Bernie who could successfully pull that off.

What does 2016 have to do with the price of tea in China? Unless your claim is that he successfully used Hillary's political record to defeat her. If that is what you're saying, you don't understand that he now has a 4 year political record that he didn't have then? He was able to sell dreams then. He must be able to put up his records in contrast to Joe's to effectively use Joe's history against him.

This isn't Bernie who could successfully pull that off.

Well Trump did have a record in 2016 - it was Public, it was horrific, and it didn’t matter. He still won.

In terms of politics -

1) In almost every way, Trumps short record of bad decisions pales in comparison to Biden’s. It is truly horrific

2) Your point only matters in so much that his opponent can prosecute that record -this is where Biden’s mental faculties and Trump’s cruelty and performance experience come into play

3) Trump is an expert at lying, his depravity is baked into the cake, Republicans and the wealthy LOVE his record.

To them it isn’t a negative.

To everyone where Trumps record is an issue - they already hate his guts, present company included.

Here we go lol. I knew we were going to get some bad faith posters in here that were going to imply that somehow biden is worse than trump. Just for a reminder, trump is a guy who:

- actively tried to delegitimize the first black president
- called immigrants, the overwhelming majority who are latino, rapists and murderers
- ran fraudulent universities and charities
- literally dozens of sexual assault allegations including bragging about one on tape
- tried to ban all muslims from entering the country
- supported white supremacists in an incident where a protester was murdered by those same white supremacists
- called a majority black sports leagues players bitches for protesting racial inequality
- called for democratically elected minority congresswomen to go back to their country (wtf)
- was the 4th president in us history to be impeached...the vast amount of evidence points to all the crimes he was impeached were true
- slow played the coronavirus, implied it was a hoax and no worse than the common flu

Thats just off the top of my head...

And that's to say nothing of his awful policies to include a for profit education system, appointing federal and sumpreme court judges that support voter suppression and anti-female reproductive rights, trying to dismantle the aca to kick millions off health insurance, tax cuts that mainly benefit corporations and the wealthy, immigration policy, dismantling environmental regulations, pulling out of long standing international agreements and generally being a laughing stock throughout the world...

This is over a span of 4 years.

Here we go lol. I knew we were going to get some bad faith posters in here that were going to imply that somehow biden is worse than trump. Just for a reminder, trump is a guy who:

- called immigrants, the overwhelming majority who are latino, rapists and murderers
- literally dozens of sexual assault allegations including bragging about one on tape
- supported white supremacists in an incident where a protester was murdered by those same white supremacists
- called a majority black sports leagues players bitches for protesting racial inequality
- called for democratically elected minority congresswomen to go back to their country (wtf)
- was the 4th president in us history to be impeached...the vast amount of evidence points to all the crimes he was impeached were true
- slow played the coronavirus, implied it was a hoax and no worse than the common flu

And that's to say nothing of his awful policies to include a for profit education system, appointing federal and sumpreme court judges that support voter suppression and anti-female reproductive rights, trying to dismantle the aca to kick millions off health insurance, tax cuts that mainly benefit corporations and the wealthy, immigration policy, dismantling environmental regulations, pulling out of long standing international agreements and generally being a laughing stock throughout the world...

Look at you - emotional. Lol

Find me where anyone said Biden is worse than Trump.

If you were referring to my post, I said Bidens POLICY track record is worse than Trump’s in many respects.

And it is.

If for no other reason than Biden has decades of bad decisions and Trump only has four years - and there are plenty of other reasons. It was in the context of whether Trump can credibly attack Biden about his policy record.

He can. He will. And it will work.

Of course - Trump is a far worse President than Biden would be.

Worse at governing (provided Biden is in competent mental condition) , far worse for democracy and constitutional law, far worse in terms of corruption, and far worse in terms of bigotry and negative cultural impact (which is the majority of the items on your list).

This doesn’t mean Biden would be a good President or one that meets this moment. But sure he’s better then Trump.

That’s not really a compliment.

Last edited:

I pretty much said all this shit a few months ago in another thread about Trump. At the start of 2019 his ass shut down government for almost 2 months because he was fighting w/Democrats to build that wall. Not to mention Trump is the first President to be impeached in his first term.

"This story is fake, she says it happened in 1993"
Very next sentence
"She only began working for him in December 1993"

:hahaha:
Why cant yall just accept mediocrity like us? Why cant yall take the value of yall dollar, and use it to deny someone else theres instead of on something meaningful. Yall are being totally immature about this, do you want Donald Trump to win, or do you want to help reinforce our self destructive ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back