Welcome To aBlackWeb

Marriage most def aint for everybody. Especially if you're selfish, and I believe that's the crux of most marital problems. Hey if you realize that about yourself , decide you don't wanna change and thus marriage aint for you...then shit I dont knock it at all. I salute the fact you actually decided not to make a mf miserable.

Honestly, if shit ever went sideways and we got divorced, I'd never do this again.

Semi spinoff but why do women want marriage more than men? And based on some of the logic being used in here I know I can flip that but imma chill lol.

Im all for marriage. Marriage creates stability in culture. Less confusion when somebody dies. Married people get benefits too. Like look at Eric Garner him and his wife were separated for like 20 years. He had a new family but when he passed their was confusion on what the new family was able to get.

Semi spinoff but why do women want marriage more than men? And based on some of the logic being used in here I know I can flip that but imma chill lol.
go ahead and do it....we can always use more threads.

and i think alot of woman put it with their worth.

a checkbox thing .

most dont want it because of the work required...some want it because it gives them value and worth. other for security.

not too much is it about love

Im all for marriage. Marriage creates stability in culture. Less confusion when somebody dies. Married people get benefits too. Like look at Eric Garner him and his wife were separated for like 20 years. He had a new family but when he passed their was confusion on what the new family was able to get.
but thats on the person for not handling their business.

you be surprised how many people dont think they need a will because they dont have nothing. and then you got niggas who dont care what happens because they dead.

go ahead and do it....we can always use more threads.

and i think alot of woman put it with their worth.

a checkbox thing .

most dont want it because of the work required...some want it because it gives them value and worth. other for security.

not too much is it about love
It’s mostly about security imo.

lets not act like chicks dont run the long scam......with an end game plan to take niggas for money.

Niggas do that dumb ass shit too. The fuck? Get real. Some men make the same DUMB ASS decision that some women do when it comes to choosing partners. People are crazy, I wish a dude would try to fuck with me with that type of logic.

so you are ok with being single forever?
otherwise.....how will you ever get into a real relationship without living with someone?

and how are you making this decision? off of the previous guy you was with?or did you have multiple bad run ins?

I WAS in a real relationship living with someone.

I said what works for me, it may not work for everyone else but it works for ME. The same way some people feel like marriage isn't a big deal, that's how I feel about living together.

I'm making this decision based off what I know I want. I like my space, A LOT. Since I've been single, I realized all the things I want and don't want...period.

I still aint watch that video but yeah i think Meeks had said it and its often something ive said.. Niggas wanna be the King of the Jungle only in ways that are self serving.. internally/externally.. then want to say the game is rigged when they are playing outside of the confines of the rules. A lion is more than his roar and his mane.. A KING is more than a title.. Responsibility and accountability are traits that should be paramount for anyone .. and especially a "KING"

its difficult having these types of convos b/c there is no one size fits all approach

first off, i was kinda rocking with the dude until the end "follow me on ____, follow me on ____" FOH with that shit. If ya message is as potent as you think it is, then you wont have to beg people to follow you or whatever...but im sure thats an AP issue

regarding the topic, I wont ever tell anyone to not get married b/c my situation wasnt the best, but if you have come to a peace about your situation and your S/O also came to that same conclusion...cool...do what works best for YOU.

We need to stop subscribing to what traditional customs. I think you know if you dealing with a fuck nigga or a not so nice female BEFORE you decide to commit to them full time. The problem many of us face is what happens when that person no longer is the person you fell in love with/attracted to? The presents an entirely new dynamic.

Enough of that...if you wanna get married...cool...if you dont wanna get married, i find it hard to believe that there is NOTHING legally you can do to leave stuff to that person you love if you was about your business.

... and dont blame your foibles on the institution of marriage blame your choices and your conduct....

a system is only a system with the people. ... maybe having a baby with. ... or getting married Keisha with the fat ass wasnt a wise decision.. since you have a "team" most likely the jets.. and decide to get married .. with your "bottom bitch" because she brings you stability when your not stable. for men and women if you are not willing to commit in every-way then its not for you not just marriage but relationships beyond the frivolous

aight my last post here. We gotta change the way we raise our girls/boys... but im just going to talk about the girls..

Girls are raised to have these disneyland dreams of being a princess... both parents are complicit in this.. girls are singularly focused on a rich man, a rock,the wedding dress and the wedding from a very early age that shit right there ... is a focus on a prize. at the same time makes them weak from seeing character flaws and just being and finding themselves because they all yearn for the THING so they navigate their relationships based on who can get them this thing.. (its a generalization but i think its a wide spread universally type thing)..

i find it hard to believe that there is NOTHING legally you can do to leave stuff to that person you love if you was about your business.
I got an extremely elaborate will that cost under $75 to draw up.

while you have an excellent point.....

most dudes have nothing to take.

but some of us do.

Are men the only ones who have something to lose in a relationship / the event of a divorce? While women still get paid less than men for doing the same jobs, we are getting paid more now than any time in history. This is attributed to more and more women earning degrees and becoming breadwinners. This "need to trap" a husband idea is so outdated. You still have some that seek out come-ups, BOTH men and women. I'm sure just about everyone knows of at least one nigga living off his chick.

lets not act like chicks dont run the long scam......with an end game plan to take niggas for money.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Niggas stay scheming too...playing games and wasting time.

Are men the only ones who have something to lose in a relationship / the event of a divorce? While women still get paid less than men for doing the same jobs, we are getting paid more now than any time in history. This is attributed to more and more women earning degrees and becoming breadwinners. This "need to trap" a husband idea is so outdated. You still have some that seek out come-ups, BOTH men and women. I'm sure just about everyone knows of at least one nigga living off his chick.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" Niggas stay scheming too...playing games and wasting time.
8E8BAC6D-351F-4E98-84F1-48A936EB4ECA.gif

Back