Welcome To aBlackWeb

Staying "on code" vs being objective

Great topic....

I gotta keep it honest with myself and others.

All I can promise is that I'll always give my people the benefit of doubt... but it's not fair to ask me to die on hills I don't believe in.

I don't think disagreeing with a stance means actively working against my people either.

My mama taught me to hold my tongue in the company of strangers. But as a family we should be able to speak openly to each other.

If we don't correct our behaviours amongst ourselves then we leave ourselves vunerable to an unjust system.
But the internet is both a company of strangers and open to the audience of strangers. It's becoming increasingly impossible to have close door discussions.

i really hope this discussion can go on to be diamond like when non issue fuck shit threads do

nah I was saying part of ur point was we are not all exactly the same
right...

we are all not the same but we are the same at the same time.

we are all black and thats not even enough to stay on code.

people put more importance on location or group before their own race.

The idea of not saying something is wrong or not speaking against something you don't believe in just because you're in mixed company is dumb. You end up looking like you're aligning yourself with shit you don't support. You can criticize an idea or stance without criticizing th3 people behind it. I can say I disagree with something another black person says without shitting on black people

What truth?
MLK disagreeing with violent means of self protection.

X speaking on the FBI infiltration of the NOI, black men not retaliating over that church bombing , and political house negroes.

Marcus Garvey on blacks who put whites on a higher pedestal than blacks.

Farrakhan speaking on black men who abuse black women, black women with whorish behavior, calling Obama to task on Libya.

This whole conference was "off code" depending on who you ask:

The idea of not saying something is wrong or not speaking against something you don't believe in just because you're in mixed company is dumb. You end up looking like you're aligning yourself with shit you don't support. You can criticize an idea or stance without criticizing th3 people behind it. I can say I disagree with something another black person says without shitting on black people
The Ashkenazi (white) Jews STAY on code and have all of the power and strength in the western world to show for it.

Same goes for Asians in the Eastern world and in their communities .

Last edited:
the problem with this is the enviroment.

one black person checking another black person with white people around......it tends to create division.....

dude cooning for these white people checking the brother or dude looking ratchet and embarrassing us.

The Ashkenazi (white) Jews STAY on code a d have all of the power and strength in the western world to show for it.

but those groups are not as divided as us.

the rich jews and asians dont look down on poor jews and asians
they look at each other as a group.

The Ashkenazi (white) Jews STAY on code a d have all of the power and strength in the western world to show for it.

the problem with this is the enviroment.

one black person checking another black person with white people around......it tends to create division.....

dude cooning for these white people checking the brother or dude looking ratchet and embarrassing us.

And I give not 1 fuck what white folks think. I would rather correct my folks and show them the right way to go about something in the world them have them looking like an idiot all because "oh no a white person might think black folks disagree on something"

We have a point of reference to look at when seeing what a code looks like. But fuck all that let’s just be “moral”. These are the same people that fight amongst themselves but the minute something happens to one of their own they put their petty beefs aside and they get on code.

But the internet is both a company of strangers and open to the audience of strangers. It's becoming increasingly impossible to have close door discussions.
Which makes sites like this so necessary.

@Whis Khalifa

Genuine question: Is your view of being on code, 'I can speak on my peer group in private, but you can't speak on my peer group in public"?
Pretty much except if I feel my group is wrong I'm not gonna be screaming they're right in public cause I gotta be true to myself above all. I'm just not gonna be screaming they're wrong in public either.

Back