Welcome To aBlackWeb

Staying "on code" vs being objective

Soul_Rattler

Is it more important to stay "on code", not holding your own group accountable in public? Or is it more important to call your own group out in defense of objective truth?

Examples:

Whites standing against KKK, Nazi, and traditional white supremacy

Blacks speaking about crime in black communities and colorism

Gays speaking out against homophobia in gay communities and exposing/shaming people in the closet

Jews acknowledging the faults in Zionism

Women discussing sexism against men and problematic behavior o the behalf of women

Young people admitting the lack of artistic integrity in popular music and pop culture

Old people confessing to how their generation failed the youth

Personally, I'd prefer to see more people taking "their group" to task on their misdeeds publicly.

Black folks, we gotta do better.
Natives, we also gotta do better.
LGBT gotta start acknowledging that something like 98% of them were raped, molested, or groomed as a child into that lifestyle.
Jews gotta speak out against taking Palestinian lands
YT gotta go after their own domestic terrorists with the same intensity as they do Muslims.
Muslims gotta silence the tiny minority of crazy muhfuckas that currently represent them to the world as terrorists.

so on and so forth.

Until we can deal with our truths, we'll never progress as a whole.

what does staying on code even mean?

if i must stay to my own to protect them....thats what i will do.
but if my own is acting an ass...i should be able to speak on it.
but it seems people only want it one way.

i personally think its more black people than ever having an identity crisis.
most don know who we are or the power and strength we have.

if you know who you are and what you can do then someone speaking on you becoming better would not bother you if they are not speaking nasty to you.
but if you dont know who you are.....anything someone says thats uncomfortable, you will feel attacked.

Idk I found it weird to run around saying fuck the police and white all day long considering what they do to us modern day is a fraction of what we do to ourselves thru black on black crime or our destructive culture.

Idk I found it weird to run around saying fuck the police and white all day long considering what they do to us modern day is a fraction of what we do to ourselves thru black on black crime or our destructive culture.

The main difference is that.........when we get arrested for atrocities against each other..........we're probably going to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

However, if a white police officer does something to us.........they're more likely to be rewarded with a paid vacation and leniency.

The main difference is that.........when we get arrested for atrocities against each other..........we're probably going to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

However, if a white police officer does something to us.........they're more likely to be rewarded with a paid vacation and leniency.
How often does this happen? I’m saying our efforts should be proportional. Cop kills innocent black man niggas ready to march and kill cops. Gangbangers spray up the block and kill bystanders and make your neighborhoods unlivable ain’t nobody ready to squad up and push the gangbangers out the hood

How often does this happen? I’m saying our efforts should be proportional. Cop kills innocent black man niggas ready to march and kill cops. Gangbangers spray up the block and kill bystanders and make your neighborhoods unlivable ain’t nobody ready to squad up and push the gangbangers out the hood
Different dynamic.

Not making excuses, but those same gang bangers live in your neighborhood, have been failed by public education, are victims of drugged and hostile homes, etc. They aren't the enemy the way a racist cop is. They are the answer to the problem they cause

You’re saying that they don’t do stop the violence marches etc in places where disenfranchised black people live?

Back